Find me a 20 and 3 season besides that of Leigh Matthews and my signature is yours

Remove this Banner Ad

It's called Bay 13.

It all comes down to a simple equation really:

HAWTHORN 2013 Premiers:):rainbow: All other Posters on the Bay: Jelly Much:mad::(

Then there's the Noses out of joint over the fact that Barney IS the Don Bradman of Footy & the rest of you aint got Jack!....More especially that Hodgepodge has gotten the better of ye all!

Now there's the Actual Rub behind all this nonsense!

You forgot 'whoring' but heaven forbid you ever draw attention to yourself, right?
srX1i.gif

Senor Floppy-Hat...AKA Chefmeister: Self-Portrait...September 19th, 2013 10.30 P.M AEST

4th time in 4 days you've used that post mate.
Just like the little red engine that could, kudos on your tenacity to still try and think you can... ;)

4th time in 4 days you've used that post mate.
Congrats, you're obviously still trying to get there... ;)

Yep....Still working for me....Cracks me up everytime!:p

No need to get there sunshine....Have already arrived with Cup in hand & oh how my Cup runneth-over all ye Puudy-Tat Flogs!...Enjoy:D

Like I said in the discussion which you partially quoted, allowances have been made for earlier and shorter seasons. This isn't a new idea you're bringing to the table

I am just seeking a complete summary of criteria to search out potential players. Specifically how many games could be missed in the shorter seasons etc. just trying to get thread back on topic as opposed to troll and counter troll.

Although could be argued that troll and counter troll is more the thread topic...

Yep....Still working for me....Cracks me up everytime!:p

No need to get there sunshine....Have already arrived with Cup in hand & oh how my Cup runneth-over all ye Puudy-Tat Flogs!...Enjoy:D

Uh oh, you're becoming flustered and I reckon about to melt in yet another exchange!!! :p

downloadfile-gif.14118

That's because one is still able to play 20 home and away games under these conditions. The other isn't. Allowances have been made for the otherwise disadvantaged players who played shorter possible seasons.

There isn't.

Not at all. Matthews would still have been able to qualify in 1972 for example if he had 20 and 3'd that year. Therefore he's being judged on performance, and not whether he played finals, which is precisely the point.

To clarify, have finals games been counted to make Matthews reach the 20 games criteria in a single season? If so that does disadvantage players from non finals sides. Or has Matthews player at least 20 H&A games and averaged the 20 and 3 over those games.

You don't even have the starting figures right.

7354 disposals in completed stats (except for Rd 11,1975 which nobody has).

332 games.

This makes 22.4 disposals per game.
He's subtracting scoring shots based on your previous statement that counting scoring shots as a possession is double counting for full forwards. IMHO that statement was difficult to argue and should be retracted as adds unnecessary complication.

To clarify, have finals games been counted to make Matthews reach the 20 games criteria in a single season? If so that does disadvantage players from non finals sides. Or has Matthews player at least 20 H&A games and averaged the 20 and 3 over those games.
It sure has, in 3 of Matthews 20 and 3 seasons where he only played 19 home and away matches.

In 1972 Clarke played 18 matches but Geelong failed to play finals but he still 20 and 3'd in those games.

It sure has, in 3 of Matthews 20 and 3 seasons where he only played 19 home and away matches.

In 1972 Clarke played 18 matches but Geelong failed to play finals but he still 20 and 3'd in those games.
And as you have mentioned earlier this shows Matthews 20 and 3 only twice.
Is still twice more than anyone else for what it's worth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And as you have mentioned earlier this shows Matthews 20 and 3 only twice.
Is still twice more than anyone else for what it's worth
Of course, but that's not the premise of this thread.

Sooooo is this thread still about welching?

No its become about Sad Olde Puudy Tat Flogs desperately looking for a pound of flesh where there is none to be had; with a little egging on from Fyfie & Bender to give them a smite of credibility....As they can't win an argument edge-wise without some ass-istance!

By the By: Cutting to the chase

HodgePodge Premise /Barney 20, 20 & 3 Ed.....5 Times; Ergo the Don Bradman of VFL/AFL

Puudy Tat Flogs/Fyfie & Bender: Still Scratching about 4 sumthin, but still Got Nuthin!

Barney is the Bradman of Football & you are all falling over yourselves in a tiss, trying to disprove the premise of this thread

a quick google search for 'afl 20 and 3' reveals how little stock should be put in HPs own little stats combo.

he does like to think that he has the final say on how stats operate, i.e. the enforced (and necessary for his troll) 20 game cut-off, and his 'double counting FF stats' which is about as prevalent in the football stats world as the illustrious 20 and 3 (i.e. just in HPs head).

i dont think anyone is the bradman of football, but if you had to make a case for the GOAT leigh would be right up there.

one persons choice combo of stats that only allows players in goal scoring positions to 'win' it isnt the way to prove it though, otherwise —

ITS Currently BARNEY 5x 20 20 & 3
All the rest 0 ( Smedts2- Stop being a Phlegm-Wad...You got nothing Pal )

— you can just do this:

GAS = 1 'C15&4';
the rest of VFL/AFL history = 0.

i dont even need some wack 'games played' cut-off to exclude everyone else, either.

Puudy Tat Flogs/Fyfie & Bender: Still Scratching about 4 sumthin, but still Got Nuthin!

Just FYI, I have had ZERO input into the topic of this thread, the cyclical tedium of a standard Hodgepodge thread does little for me than making me yawn. I only opened this thread when I saw the level of activity that was occurring within.

The minimal input I have had has been asking Bosk where his information regarding 'how the Bay has gone to s**t' has come from and pointing out how you are a few snags short of a barbie.

Just FYI, I have had ZERO input into the topic of this thread, the cyclical tedium of a standard Hodgepodge thread does little for me than making me yawn. I only opened this thread when I saw the level of activity that was occurring within.

The minimal input I have had has been asking Bosk where his information regarding 'how the Bay has gone to s**t' has come from and pointing out how you are a few snags short of a barbie.

No use tagging Bosk, someone's banned him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back