Game Day Eagles v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've loved to have gotten the win to show the boys hard work at the end pays off, but man that was something.

Exciting last quarter... but we are just not there mentally imo... Played disgustingly for 3 quarters and then decide to switch on for the last 30 mins. Im not sure what it is, felt like I was watching Richmond play or something today.

Why didnt Bluey activate our sub earlier? Dixon should have stayed in the ruck in the last quarter after Lynch kicked his goal.... as soon as I saw smith v NicNat I knew we were in trouble

Kade was just not there today, Hall was Hall, Matera went missing after a good start. We have too many battlers and a few players are just out of form and not getting enough of the footy.

Prestia was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get to watch G Ablett Jr that much but deserves all the respect and allocates he gets... Tagged through out the whole game by 3 players but last quarter burst almost won the game for GC. Out sprinted our best runner in Masten to goal in the last quarter despite being absolutely drained. Masten then sprinted to the bench and GA stayed on the rest of the match.

What impressed me most is his face after the game. Looked absolutely shattered like he lost the GF. Usually after the siren the WC players will laugh and talk to the players on the other team and you wonder how much they wanted to really win. Ablett wants to win... always. Good role model for the young GC kids and I will be sure GC will learn from this and the next time they are 30 down they will complete the last quarter win.

Gary Ablett deserves to the number one player in my book and not just for his talents but the determination and drive.

Once again, I comment, How long does Day get to stay in the side.... I mean geez, time is up.

problem is with the way we have been stuffed with the NEAFL we don't have a system to develop pressure players
The only player with a chance of replacing him is Dan Gorringe and he'll come in at about 3 levels below what's expected
NEAFL is about Melbourne A grade amateurs or VFA

most dissapointing loss this season IMO , the Eagles were a rabble ( no dissrespect) and we were worse. 1 quarter of football 3 quarters of not chasing, 2nd to the ball, and ball watchin against a side missing half of their best players is just weak

if i hear somene call that rubbish an honerable loss iwill throw up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back