Round 16: North Melbourne vs Hawthorn - Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Stick a fork in it if it was literally any other team in the comp other than North.

This is the most frustrating thing about the umps. Players have been dropping the ball all game and they call the one that can change the game.

Lake was on top of him with his arm around his neck. Then Petrie gouged. Then Lake got his hand on top his throat. I know from experience you can lose your mind when you can't breathe with someone on top of you. Instinctively you go in to kill or be killed mode.

Not certain on intentional eye gouge - may be accidental, but I think Lakes throat choke was definitely intentional - the video footage was very clear with his hand around the throat and the thumb pressing in at the carotid. If he wasn't pulled off him it would definitely have ended up lights out for Petrie. The video footage is that clear I don't think even the mrp/tribunal can get away with sweeping this one under the carpet.

What am i saying, they always find a "sweeping" way for those they want to protect (insufficient force for Judd to win a Brownlow when he intentionally opened up Pav's face, requiring stitches); but the big question is "would they want to protect Lake?" (maybe as Hawks are the most likely of any Vic team this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked to be a bit of handbags until there was a gouge. Doesnt excuse Lake but there were two parties.

Im biased though.

I thought he forgot to tell brian about a bargain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back