Roast Basil Zempilas......

Remove this Banner Ad

I just heard it on good authority that Baz is a Freo fan....I am in shock.
Wut3.gif

I don't understand the Basil hate. He's wife and Pavlich's wife are besties and they even holiday together.

He obviously doesn't hate Freo, too much respect for Pavlich.

If this is the case then he sounds like the kind of person who recognises the need to be impartial and tones down the bias when commentating our games - the obvious problem is that he over-does it to the point where he sounds like he's bagging his own team. :drunk:

So... like some of the fans who post on here? Hardly worth hating a person for. I think its the looks he gets hate for. :)

He's growing on me. Used to be impartial/ think he was a bit of a flog, but, over the last year to 18 months I've come to like him...

Not sure if it's because he's maturing some, my taste has changed or because I am more exposed to him with his morning segment on 6PR with Millsy.

Whatever it is. I don't mind him at all these days.

Sat next to Basil on plane to Adelaide for 2006 Qualifying Final and straight from the horses mouth "I'm a huge West Coast fan, though have a very big soft spot for Freo"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the Basil hate. He's wife and Pavlich's wife are besties and they even holiday together.

He obviously doesn't hate Freo, too much respect for Pavlich.

I suspect most of it stems from his complete lack of talent and charisma. I don't really care if he likes Freo or not but he's rubbish at his job.

On Radio in his 92.9 days he actually said he was. Richmond fan as a boy. But clearly is a WC man now. And even if he supported us, was our #1 ruckman and captain I would still love to punch him in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not a Freagle. I might be wrong but don't you have to like freo a little bit to be a Freagle. I think if he is a member it would only be so he can lie that he's not bias. ( insert smug look ).
image.jpg

Nice tie if you are into that type of lifestyle.
I meet him once or twice when he played at WP, he was a tosser even back then. Believe it or not I think he even studied media. It was long time ago but I think he was in the same class as a mate.

Maybe not a Freagle. I might be wrong but don't you have to like freo a little bit to be a Freagle. I think if he is a member it would only be so he can lie that he's not bias. ( insert smug look ).
View attachment 100678

Nice tie if you are into that type of lifestyle.
I meet him once or twice when he played at WP, he was a tosser even back then. Believe it or not I think he even studied media. It was long time ago but I think he was in the same class as a mate.

Clearly the missus barracks for Freo!

Actually I think I recall that he said she does - and might account for the softening in his views.

He's growing on me. Used to be impartial/ think he was a bit of a flog, but, over the last year to 18 months I've come to like him...

Not sure if it's because he's maturing some, my taste has changed or because I am more exposed to him with his morning segment on 6PR with Millsy.

Whatever it is. I don't mind him at all these days.
like a fungus? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back