Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: GWS and Bulldogs doing well. They're fantastic to watch as well. I can't help but love them. Brions too, doing some good things. I hope Aish stays. McStay too, he's something special.
Hated: Can't think of anything. Nope. Nothing at all. Nup.
Learned: A lot can change in a short time. After we were 50-0 (roughly) against Hawthorn, we were looking pretty ******* good. Since then we've been awful.
West Coast are looking pretty good too. I'm convinced. Top 4 contenders.

Liked: GWS and Bris
Learnt: Fyfe is the best player we have had. GWS with their draw will be a finals team.
Hated: Commentators barracking for teams, they need to watch some high level over seas broadcasting, often very painful.. also have not missed listening to sandy roberts. Any game Fischer umpires that involves freo.

Liked: The Friday night game was watchable
Learned: Basing a teams form off who they have won or lost against is futile
Hated: Too much whistle. I don't buy into the "bias" stuff but still hate how much the refs have been blowing.

Liked:
Petrie swinging down back in the fourth...dude can clunk it.
Eagles player management - very smart giving JK the vest and resisting the temptation to panic and play a banged up McLovin.
Pies & Tigers - entertaining see-sawing match for the neutral observer.

Disliked:
GC Suns thirdy quater, almost felt sorry for them once we got into double figures
Brendon Goddard - what a whiney little turd he can be

Hated:
Watching Roo hit the turf like a tonne of bricks, really have to wonder how many more knocks he can take.

So? He's not in the class of Riewoldt nor was his injury as serious.

Right now (current rankings) Brodie is worth two of Riewoldt, if not more. The inane commentary went on and on about how Saints were two players down yet failed to mention that the Crows also had two players down. The most serious injury of the day, by a country mile, was Jaensch's knee ... and Jaensch was tearing it up at the time and was probably BOG up until the point where he was injured. The Crows weakest point this year is their defence, making Jaensch doubly important to the outcome of the game. Yet we heard nothing except endlessly repeated mentions that Riewoldt was out of the game.

Who the * is Brodie Smith?

Current All-Australian back flanker. Playing this year on the wing for Adelaide. In the overall player rankings he normally ranks somewhere in the mid-twenties (although he is down a little right now due to getting injured twice recently), which would make him a walk-up selection in the first 22 at any club in the comp. In those same player rankings just one (1) Freo player (Fyfe is a very good player) ranks higher than Brodie Smith, although Brodie is only ranked fourth amongst Adelaide players.

Because Riewoldt has been out injured/bereaved not because Brodie is any good.

When Brodie Smith missed most of the game this week concussed because Riewoldt head-butted him, that was the second time in a few weeks that Brodie has missed most of the game because of an early concussion. Somehow in your estimation these don't count, I suppose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: Brisbane, GWS, Luke Parker's game.

Hated: Waite's hit, Fyfe's trip – both silly and unnecessary. Also Melbourne's effort against Hawthorn. Weak.

Learnt: GWS can make Top 4, Port are in real trouble.

He was paying $6?! Damn, I should of made a bet :(

Ablett was still favourite and rightfully so. Ablett was $5 I think, Fyfe was $6. Took Fyfe as Ablett was too short and with the new MRP rules it suits Fyfe.

Don't think you have too much to worry about. There will be a riot across the footy community if Fyfe is suspended for that.

Thankfully just a fine. Was pretty 'dumb' by Fyfe though. That said we don't need blokes getting weeks for that though regardless of who that is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back