Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Freo continuing their run
Hated being belted
Learning that most games are even and winnable for both sides playing despite the odds, unless your us or Carlton

Liked: Essendon going more direct.

Hated: Umpiring in the second quarter of the Essendon/North Game. Worst I have seen in a long time. Bad enough that other teams fans had to comment.

Learned: Some of our youth is going to be good but we still have too many players of the same speed.
You liked anything other then your own world beating team? :D

Liked

Eddie Betts
Brisbane Beating Port
Brisbane Midfield showing that they will be a force ?
Luke Parker
Fyfe (appart the trip)

Dislike

Injuries, Was sickening watching our game.

Learned: That the game of AFL is about only some of the sides ... that some sides are unmentionable. I learned that if two players are out of the game for a Vic side then this is all that matters ... it should never be said that the non-Vic side also has two players injured and out of the game. I learned that a knock to the head of a player from a Vic side is huge news but the fact that the exact same clash-of-heads incident knocked out a player from a non-Vic side is of no note whatsoever. Neither is it barely worthy of mention if a player from a non-Vic side suffers a probable season-ending knee injury (if at the same time a player from a Vic side has a sore head). I learned that a player from a non-Vic side can take mark of the year in the goal-square and the only thing worthy of comment is to question if that player held the mark all the way to the ground (which he did). I learned that a player can hold a mark all the way to the ground but spill it after that point and it is not a mark if the player is from a non-Vic side and was low to the ground. I learned that a player from a Vic side can earn a 50m penalty and goal for his team by smothering the ball when a player from a non-Vic side tries to return it. And finally I learned that if one player has his head over a ground ball and runs into and head-buts a stationary opponent, then that is a free kick for "head high tackle" if the stationary player is from a non-Vic side, but it is "ducked head play on" if the stationary player is from a Vic club.
I learnt that you're a winger and have a poor us mentality :D

The "argument" is totally supported by the facts. Your non-attempt at rebuttal is supported only by your hugely overinflated opinion of yourself.
No, you're rant was more the equivalent to a child crying and saying pay some attention to me, was one of the most uninteresting posts of late, just made you appear to be nothing but a sook.

Learned: That the game of AFL is about only some of the sides ... that some sides are unmentionable. I learned that if two players are out of the game for a Vic side then this is all that matters ... it should never be said that the non-Vic side also has two players injured and out of the game. I learned that a knock to the head of a player from a Vic side is huge news but the fact that the exact same clash-of-heads incident knocked out a player from a non-Vic side is of no note whatsoever. Neither is it barely worthy of mention if a player from a non-Vic side suffers a probable season-ending knee injury (if at the same time a player from a Vic side has a sore head). I learned that a player from a non-Vic side can take mark of the year in the goal-square and the only thing worthy of comment is to question if that player held the mark all the way to the ground (which he did). I learned that a player can hold a mark all the way to the ground but spill it after that point and it is not a mark if the player is from a non-Vic side and was low to the ground. I learned that a player from a Vic side can earn a 50m penalty and goal for his team by smothering the ball when a player from a non-Vic side tries to return it. And finally I learned that if one player has his head over a ground ball and runs into and head-buts a stationary opponent, then that is a free kick for "head high tackle" if the stationary player is from a non-Vic side, but it is "ducked head play on" if the stationary player is from a Vic club.

Riewoldt got more concern because Brodie Smith was actually moving, which was a positive sign at the least. Riewoldt was knocked out before he hit the ground and had not moved an inch for a very long time, while with help from trainers, Smith could at least stand and walk. No **** Riewoldt got mentioned more, he needed the stretcher out there and got driven off.

Also on ducking/dropping the knees... Charlie Cameron says "Hi".

Liked. Josh Bruce proven to be a real good goal kicker.
Learned.that despite people claiming that players over 200 cm don't make good forwards could be wrong with Boyd, seen enough to suggest he will be very good.
Hated. seeing what Carlton have become now and for a long time it seems.

No, you're rant was more the equivalent to a child crying and saying pay some attention to me, was one of the most uninteresting posts of late, just made you appear to be nothing but a sook.

This is a matter of opinion. In my opinion it is you who is so insecure you cannot admit to a patently obvious media bias in presentation, and a puzzling disregard for a significant part of their audience.

But hey, if it is opinion that matters to you, why not put the question to the BigFooty readers collective opinion and not just leave it to your over-inflated ego? My original post got 16 likes. Your reply got one like. My reply to your reply got 6 likes.

Opinion would seem to be 22 to 1 in my favour.

This is a matter of opinion. In my opinion it is you who is so insecure you cannot admit to a patently obvious media bias in presentation, and a puzzling disregard for a significant part of their audience.

But hey, if it is opinion that matters to you, why not put the question to the BigFooty readers collective opinion and not just leave it to your over-inflated ego? My original post got 16 likes. Your reply got one like. My reply to your reply got 6 likes.

Holly crap, you are basing me to be insecure because i basically stated you seem to be, you are more idiotic then i first thought. and you are going by likes as to who wins the argument/debate? i just thought it was my opinion, didn't know i had to wait to receive likes to see if my opinion was right ;) and going by you're likes theory, i bet you are one of the ones that go on Facebook requesting random people for friends so you can try to convince people you have more friends then they have.

Liked: tigers and Lions getting up as the underdogs, big wins for their seasons. Also liked the saints effort against the crows. And Jeremy Cameron, what can you say? What a star.

Disliked: Suns effort against the Eagles, and melbourne against Hawks, insipid.

Hated: Limdsay Thomas, stand up.
Nathan Buckley even bringing up the Cloke debate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

liked:
Several enjoyable games to watch across the weekend
Bulldogs cementing that they are quality and fun to watch.
Seeing Brisbane take it on and win.

Dislike:
Like someone else said, WTF is with 7 using special comments from people closely associated with the game?
Watson with Essendon, Maxwell with Collingwood, Lingy with Geelong.. Seriously??

Learned:
Hawthorn are well off the boil. Odd thing to say after a large win, but things just not gelling it seems.

Liked Richmond beating the maggies.
Leaned: maggies are in serious decline
hated: Feeling even a sliver of empathy for the sufferings of Carlton. I scolded myself and indend to just enjoy the Blue cataclysm from now on.

i just thought it was my opinion, didn't know i had to wait to receive likes to see if my opinion was right

I know it was your opinion, I even said it was your opinion, and I pointed out that my opinion was the exact opposite to yours. In such a situation the only recourse is to assess what the consensus opinion might be. The "likes" are only relevant as an indication of how much each opinion resonated with other people on BigFooty, in the absence of any other data. As I said, in the absence of any other data, 22 to 1 in my favour is the only indication we have of how much your opinion resonated compared to mine. Now you are just upset when someone points out that your opinion is apparently not the common opinion ... I can't help you there you are just going to have to sulk.

i bet you are one of the ones that go on Facebook requesting random people for friends so you can try to convince people you have more friends then they have.

I do not have a facebook account. If you did bet I would imagine that you lose your shirt every time.

Last edited:
Ablett was still favourite and rightfully so. Ablett was $5 I think, Fyfe was $6. Took Fyfe as Ablett was too short and with the new MRP rules it suits Fyfe.
I got Fyfe straight after last years brownlow @ $8 from bet365. That's a well invested $25 :)

I got Fyfe straight after last years brownlow @ $8 from bet365. That's a well invested $25 :)

Good get, I knew I should have done that but happy with the $500 at $6 on Fyfe. He better not get himself suspended!

I just took my like back.

Yes and how many of the 22 were you "liking" yourself? You come over as a very insecure little person.

Hated - I was going to say Nathan Buckley's winging, you've eclipsed it. Comfortably.

I mean, who would have though that Melbourne media would be focused towards Victorians? I'm sure your papers are predominantly Crows or Power biased.. Why can't your red neck State start it's own AFL TV media, then you can cry about how hard done you are to yourselves. Your comments about rules bias against non-Vic clubs is worthy, in a Primary School yard.

I think Kleenex are on sale.

I know it was your opinion, I even said it was your opinion, and I pointed out that my opinion was the exact opposite to yours. In such a situation the only recourse is to assess what the consensus opinion might be. The "likes" are only relevant as an indication of how much each opinion resonated with other people on BigFooty, in the absence of any other data. As I said, in the absence of any other data, 22 to 1 in my favour is the only indication we have of how much your opinion resonated compared to mine. Now you are just upset when someone points out that your opinion is apparently not the common opinion ... I can't help you there you are just going to have to sulk.

I do not have a facebook account. If you did bet I would imagine that you lose your shirt every time.
This is the main part that i find funny. I was clearly stating you ramble was in a sook kind of way, so where on earth is it been written by me that indicates sooking or sulking? anyway, likes mean diddly squat to be honest, it not a reflection on the writing, its a reflection how many people from you're team, or in this case how many interstate people (non Victorian) feel the same as you're rant...

What a stupid thing to say... but from what you have written so far i guess its normal. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back