Past Matthew Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a great back up ruckman not the lead man. Do the stats. He's consistently beaten in the ruck each week in his craft. I would much rather a ruckman / forward than a ruckman / tackler.

Having said that. Nice guy who gives it his all. I like him better than wood and knockers in the ruck next year if he stays on the park.

A fan favourite so board did the right thing once they were told there wasn't much interest in him.

Hopefully our former no. 1 pick can bear fruits finally next year.

All the best MK.

Heard he has re signed and initial reaction was bugger. Was a bit surprised by my reaction but thinking about it he is always injured, has never been a great player and would have preferred he got traded. Presume we couldnt get any interest from other clubs and due to injury concerns. So hopeing for the best but got a feeling it still wont work out

Pretty sure we have all agreed on a few things Tig Ol Bitties.....

Hird is a flog
Essendon* are a ******* disgrace of an organisation
AFL is not transparent
Freo's game plan is labour intensive with little reward
MRP is ******
Cripps was robbed
Liam Jones was a mistake
MM in the end had to go
Weitering will be taken at 1

This is just this year alone.....;)
I agree with all of this. Which makes me disagree with my initial statement. It's ok, I can assure you I'll be having stern words with myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard he has re signed and initial reaction was bugger. Was a bit surprised by my reaction but thinking about it he is always injured, has never been a great player and would have preferred he got traded. Presume we couldnt get any interest from other clubs and due to injury concerns. So hopeing for the best but got a feeling it still wont work out
Seems I was wrong about us all agreeing on Kreuze, too. I'm having a bloody mare here. Thanks for that Capt Frump. Yikes.

Seems I was wrong about us all agreeing on Kreuze, too. I'm having a bloody mare here. Thanks for that Capt Frump. Yikes.
Told ya. He's front and center on the list.

Activate: glare level 6
rbf3.jpg

Hoping im wrong but history shows his body just cant handle rigours of AFL footy. He would have been gone if another club had of offered a decent offer but they all shied away from his medical results.

His actual medical tests were fine. He passed those. Teams baulked at the lack of certainty re reoccurrence of injury because let's face it, there is no such thing as certainty in those situations. Their issue was compounded because Witts weighed anchor and refused to leave.

Hoping im wrong but history shows his body just cant handle rigours of AFL footy. He would have been gone if another club had of offered a decent offer but they all shied away from his medical results.
The Collingwood Football Club shied away from Stevie Johnson in 2006 for a similar reason & we all know how that turned out.

Two now... and no surprise that one of them was the camel jockey...
The Kreuzer FA Option was kind of Win-Win.

If he stays and plays most matches for the next three years - CFC has a massive WIN
If he had of left, and CFC got pick #2, then CFC lost a Champ but potentially would gain another long term Champ = WIN.

Very happy he is staying, Champions are aways hard to find.

Fair enough he has been injured quite regularly over the past 4-5 seasons but isn't that the same with a lot of developing talls. He has shown us all glimpses of his brilliance and hopefully his body and training workload have been adjusted to enable a strong season next year.
He is 26 and entering into his prime.
Also, why doesn't anyone say anymore how talls take longer to mature. Perhaps 8 years is a little long to get the body right though.

Seriously made my morning.

For years I sorta had two particular favourite players: Waite ( :$ ) and big Kreuz. Cripps obviously came along and slot right in there for JW but Matty K has always been one of my most loved players ever. Hopefully he gets a good run at things, he certainly is deserving of some good fortune.

I was keen on pick 2 to begin with, I mean who wouldn't want 1 & 2 at the begining of a rebuild?!
But as the dust settles I am happy the big Kruez is still a blue. There are not many players that can pull that off with all the injuries he has had!
I think what scared clubs off to be honest is that he now has to play with custom foot gear..
Their loss helped us secure an absolute bargain, him amd Cripps are the dynamic duo ;)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back