Past Matthew Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

I assumed they were just being "nice" to his body, easing him through games early and making sure he builds up some match fitness. Can't go from zero to hero straight away, and any time he's tried previously he has just broken down again....so as long as that is what they're doing, I'm fine with it. Hopefully he can play Goldstein like minutes sooner rather than later.
I doubt it, unless they want to completely re-program his playing style.

He's somewhere between NicNat and Goldy, and the numbers will reflect that.

Was heavily managed in pre-season, so he's probably not quite match fit.

Constantly splitting time with Phillips in every match probably didn't help either.

Thanks for that. I notice his game time has increased from 68% against Richmond to 73% against Sydney and 75% last week so hopefully that increases as he becomes match fit. Worth keeping an eye on in any case.
Given our need for KPF I don't see Phillips as relevant at all. A match fit Kreuzer should be able to spend quality time up forward.

Given our need for KPF I don't see Phillips as relevant at all. A match fit Kreuzer should be able to spend quality time up forward.
has Kreuzer ever shown much ability as a forward? I recall he did win one game for us in Adelaide, kicked about 3 in the wet? but generally he looks a bit lost. I guess it's our last and best hope of getting the most out of him, give him some real time in the forward 50.

has Kreuzer ever shown much ability as a forward? I recall he did win one game for us in Adelaide, kicked about 3 in the wet? but generally he looks a bit lost. I guess it's our last and best hope of getting the most out of him, give him some real time in the forward 50.
Decent lead-up target and would probably make solid repeat leads, but not a contested type in those situations, more due to the gruelling leaps involved in ruck work more than anything I'd suggest.

If Effes' stats source is to be believed, he's been put forward 36% of the time he's been on the field this season, so they're trying. I still think he's most dangerous as an option that drifts into the 50, and I think that's true of most ruckmen, and better suits the demands of the ruck position as opposed to trying to bustle over the top of a pack.

Decent lead-up target and would probably make solid repeat leads, but not a contested type in those situations, more due to the gruelling leaps involved in ruck work more than anything I'd suggest.

If Effes' stats source is to be believed, he's been put forward 36% of the time he's been on the field this season, so they're trying. I still think he's most dangerous as an option that drifts into the 50, and I think that's true of most ruckmen, and better suits the demands of the ruck position as opposed to trying to bustle over the top of a pack.

The first requirement of a KPF is not to be able to mark the ball as such, it is to be able to direct the all to our advantage. Going back a bit but in the back half of his career Walls could not take a contested mark above his head. He was nevertheless very useful because he directed the fall of the ball to advantage.
Kreuzer has not shown stand and deliver contested marking capacity (I don't think he gets his hands in the right position) but he has shown, when fit, that he can mark on a lead and be a useful kick for goal. He has shown this year very good body placement to assist Phillips and Caz to take big marks and I can see no reason why he cannot develop good ball-directing skills as he has a very good footy brain.

Who or what is Effes'?

15 disposals @86.7% efficiency, 38 hitouts, 11 to advantage, 4 clearances, 3 contested grabs, 2 goals including a fantastic long snap for the winning goal. Special K is back bitches!!!

Goes to show you can never write him off. He thrives on doing the lion-share of ruckwork and being allowed to run all over the place and use his tank, as opposed to an impact player.

Shown more than a few times he's a very handy snap for goal for a big guy too.

Goes to show you can never write him off. He thrives on doing the lion-share of ruckwork and being allowed to run all over the place and use his tank, as opposed to an impact player.

Shown more than a few times he's a very handy snap for goal for a big guy too.

Good call. Grinds his opponents down if he is allowed to settle into the ruck for most of the game.

Hopefully the Kruz missle can continue the form, awesome to watch when his confidence is up.

Sent from India

Had some very good mail earlier this morning that he's got a bad meniscal tear. Didn't share it publicly out of respect to my source, but it's now being reported in the media...

s**t news, but shows the character of the man to come back on to the ground and kick the winning goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The handball comes out to Kruz 40 out he bends down picks the ball up swings out onto his right and has a snap and it's thereeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a goal Kruz on one leg, the Blues have done it the cult hero puts the Blues in front with 1.30 on the clock can they hold on......

Sent from India

Well that sucks. The poor bloke just cannot take a break (pardon the pun). But geez ******* wizz, to come back and have the impact that he had... has a heart as big as Phar Lap.

Don't we already have an LTI spot available for mcKay?

He is only a few weeks away. Can you elevate at any point of an 8 week injury or is it 8 weeks from when you elevate? If the latter, we probably should have elevated someone earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back