Toast Crows steal Troy Menzel, play Andy Otten instead, delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite an odd highlights package - tons of left foot goals from the left pocket.

It's like he's the reverse Eddie.
How come they don't play left footers on the right forward pocket (and vice-versa)? This ought to open up the goal face a bit with the easier to make curve of a drop punt, I would have thought. Is it to protect the kick/ball from smothers?

Carlton also had Gore ranked 11th on their list last year.

I read somewhere that Carlton and many clubs had T Menzel as a top 5 some even top 3 talent in the draft and the slide to pick 11 was a result of his injuries

On Gore didn't Buckenara also say that Hawthorn rated Gore and said that he would be a top 25 pick in this years draft even as high as a late first round selection?

Watching the WC v Carlton game now .....again hardly seeing Menzel in the TV frame

Do not like how he hangs out so wide from the contest ....so wide he's almost in the bleachers
Definitely not fit .....halfway into the 2nd qtr and always hunched over hands on knees ....but he hasn't done anything? ....actually hasn't touched the ball, so why is he stuffed?

Adelaide will change his game to take advantage of his skills .....get Menzel fit !!!!!!!!!

Gee watching Menzel at Carlton is frustrating .....he is a pure receiver ....actually runs away from contests to receive, instead of hitting the contest, using his agility and smarts to give off to a receiver

Completely the wrong role for Menzel .....glad we're getting him after only two years in the system & he is still pliable

e to take advantage of his skills .....get Menzel fit !!!!!!!!!
Im not expecting to see Menzel line up in round 1 because of his fitness, or lack thereof, but hopefully he does what CEY did and go to a super fit guy like VB and stick with him in the pre-season to make sure he's working hard.

Will be an interesting first test to see how far along Burton can get him between now and round 1.

Im not expecting to see Menzel line up in round 1 because of his fitness, or lack thereof, but hopefully he does what CEY did and go to a super fit guy like VB and stick with him in the pre-season to make sure he's working hard.

Will be an interesting first test to see how far along Burton can get him between now and round 1.
Iam a bit of this line of thinking in that we may not see a really productive Menzel till 2017 ....his fitness and game style has a lot of "work in progress"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iam a bit of this line of thinking in that we may not see a really productive Menzel till 2017 ....his fitness and game style has a lot of "work in progress"
Imo with the surgery & interrupted pre-season, Menzel won't start the season in the Afl team.

However, I expect he will have impact in the back 2/3rds of the season.

With our depth, there is no reason to play players who are not near 100%. This was the weagles approach this season, so hoping pyke has the same approach.

Imo with the surgery & interrupted pre-season, Menzel won't start the season in the Afl team.

However, I expect he will have impact in the back 2/3rds of the season.

With our depth, there is no reason to play players who are not near 100%. This was the weagles approach this season, so hoping pyke has the same approach.
But didn't you just select Menzel in your first game 22?

BTW think you're right .....Menzel 2nd half i expect to start to see the benefits of the Adelaide program "re-conditioning" effort

But didn't you just select Menzel in your first game 22?

BTW think you're right .....Menzel 2nd half i expect to start to see the benefits of the Adelaide program "re-conditioning" effort
No, I named him in my 2016 team.

The thread title said nothing about round 1!

All going to plan Menzel shouldn't miss to much pre-season
Thought I heard he will miss some, at least on modified training, which means he will likely behind others some round 1.

I don't think it is a big deal as we will see him playing soon enough.

Watching the WC v Carlton game now .....again hardly seeing Menzel in the TV frame

Do not like how he hangs out so wide from the contest ....so wide he's almost in the bleachers
Definitely not fit .....halfway into the 2nd qtr and always hunched over hands on knees ....but he hasn't done anything? ....actually hasn't touched the ball, so why is he stuffed?

Adelaide will change his game to take advantage of his skills .....get Menzel fit !!!!!!!!!
Eddie always looked like a pack-a-day sort while he was at Carlton, but he's got serious wheels now he's been playing for a good side.

Menzel's improvement will be scary, just has to keep the body right. Hopefully Tex is coaching everyone on the pre-hab routines and safer movement patterns.

You got him for peanuts, sos should have seen he was getting ripped off in this deal, rather then holding up the yarran deal as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back