Hird to have his say

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the fact that it's now 4 years ago has kinda distanced us a bit from this. If we got this verdict (or say.. a positive test) in late 2012/early 2013 we'd all be saying "ah of course"

The signs were all there. The gloating from the fans about how much bigger their boys looked. The turnaround from a team that lost to Carlton the previous year to sweeping them aside like ants. The seemingly unprecedented amount of soft tissue injuries.

this same rhetoric and refrain has been used over the years by Terry Wallace at Footscray, and I think Thomspon at Geelong and even Grant Thomas at St Kilda... they all rolled this out.

No one bothers to ask, so, what were they doing before? ballet, gymnastics? no weights program. Need to get Stinger Tingay and Micky Conlan down to run things, and John John Worsfold... oh, I did not mean him.

Last edited:

Actually the CAS findings say something about September 2012 I think. I picked it up too, but someone else thought it was a typo.

Edit. Just see you picked that up.

time lines are interesting too

according to chip dank is first interviewed by acc in may

according to cas meeting called mid may and dank instructed to stop injecting players

time lines are interesting too

according to chip dank is first interviewed by acc in may

according to cas meeting called mid may and dank instructed to stop injecting players

When did Eddie come out with the "biggest story to rock football" .... wasnt that in October?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

self reported because the jig was up,, but not until September 2012 plenty of time for some housekeeping first
Point being, that WE didn't know they'd self reported until February 2013. We were lead to believe that Vlad tipped them off and then they self reported - two days before the ACC report was announced.

Point being, that WE didn't know they'd self reported until February 2013. We were lead to believe that Vlad tipped them off and then they self reported - two days before the ACC report was announced.

correct, vlad already knew because they already reported, vlad gave them a heads up that the acc was going public to give them a chance to get on the front foot on the pr front

On Tird's birthday which is Feb 4.

So this would be another small detail misrepresented in James's "tell all" in the Hun this morning.

EDIT: Ironic in "2016 - the year of facts"

Last edited:
But didn't Hardie design those consent forms (protecting the Club from the Players)? That is, in service of said order?
Francis: you may well be right. Bored at home. Glory days type fellow. s**t writing style. Permanently menstruating.

Has it ever been confirmed the Sea Kayaker drafted the forms or has that become a "fact" simply via HTB repetition? Ping Lance Uppercut here.

Bruce only gets airplay because he played a few Tests for Australia.

Bruce only gets airplay because he played a few Tests for Australia.
In fairness to Francis, there was a little more to him than that.

He was an advocate for players' rights and played a role in the setup of WSC. He also was heavily involved in the organization of the two 'rebel' tours to South Africa in the 80s.

Here's an article he wrote during the WSC period. Interesting reading.
https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=U-cDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1656,3136651&hl=en

They intended to use, from day one, substances banned under the WADA code to rapidly improve their size and power.

That's cheating.
Yes it's cheating - I don't think the players set out to cheat but they certainly didn't make sure they didn't cheat.

I feel like the fact that it's now 4 years ago has kinda distanced us a bit from this. If we got this verdict (or say.. a positive test) in late 2012/early 2013 we'd all be saying "ah of course"

The signs were all there. The gloating from the fans about how much bigger their boys looked. The turnaround from a team that lost to Carlton the previous year to sweeping them aside like ants. The seemingly unprecedented amount of soft tissue injuries.

Exactly. And we know they used two banned drugs in AOD and TB4 in a systemic fashion. That's a straight up doping program.

I suspect ASADA is very confident they used other very banned substances like CJC, GHRP and hexeralin too but knows it will never be able to prove it. I reckon on those ones Dank, knowing full well they were no arguments banned, was ultra careful to hide the usage.

Reality is they got sprung for the one Dank thought he had the SO/compounding chemist loophole for in AOD and the one Dank stuffed up on as regards its WADA code status in TB4.

Dank thought these two were safe to use hence not much, if any, effort into hiding their use.

But I find it difficult to believe Dank would not use stuff that was a routine part of his program elsewhere in his Essendon project.

Especially when we know that stuff was onsite and being given to staff - the good gear.

It also explains McDevitt's determination to nail them on TB4. Classic cop mindset: they know what crims are getting up to but find it hard if not impossible to stick the majority of it. So when presented with an opportunity to get them on SOMETHING they pursue it with a single minded relentless passion in order to get something to stick, even if it is in lower realm of what has been going on.

I wonder if Robbo & Hird AKA Tania think the feedback from the HUN is going as planned. The comments below each article just mock Hird and he appears to be a bigger and bigger fool day by day.

Wonder whether Hird convinced Robbo to inject a tan or some muscles? Wouldn't put it past the pair of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back