Malthouse might 'coach' suspended dopers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how the football world is rallying around us. Can clearly see we are the victims of a harsh system.

Ha! Very good. I think this post deserves a special highlight. Top clever.

Yes, because that was Littles call...

Let's face it, he screwed everything he touched at Essendon. As your Chairman he just could've said "take the deal", players would've followed and all would've been sorted but, no, he was too bloody minded and wanted to fight. Now look where they are. Now they're drug cheats serving a much bigger suspension. What a screw up. Cronulla must be laughing at Essendon. Actually, everyone is laughing at Essendon. Just a regular laughing stock.

It would've been alot easier. Saved alot of heartache. Now your players have a longer suspension and are classified as drug cheats.

Generally what's known as as phuk up.

Can you explain this part being any different in your scenario?

Let's face it, he screwed everything he touched at Essendon. As your Chairman he just could've said "take the deal", players would've followed and all would've been sorted but, no, he was too bloody minded and wanted to fight. Now look where they are. Now they're drug cheats serving a much bigger suspension. What a screw up. Cronulla must be laughing at Essendon. Actually, everyone is laughing at Essendon. Just a regular laughing stock.
Actually think he did a very good job in a crap situation. Managed to maintain all corporate sponsors(and add some), keep membership high and attract a high calibre coach. As well as injecting his personal money into club.

Just think there is other supporters holding a grudge, or even jealous, that given if their club was in the same situation they would not have a benefactor of this calibre with the same level resources available

Actually think he did a very good job in a crap situation. Managed to maintain all corporate sponsors(and add some), keep membership high and attract a high calibre coach. As well as injecting his personal money into club.

Just think there is other supporters holding a grudge, or even jealous, that given if their club was in the same situation they would not have a benefactor of this calibre with the same level resources available
Id hope my club wouldn't need to and would just own up

I sort of like the Malthouse plan. It sort of sounds like some kind of stunt - make news, provide some kind of profile to the suspended group. Get some supporters into it.

Actually I don't really know what it's for or why it's a plan, but if it's publicity then hey - there's a thread about it.

I sort of like the Malthouse plan. It sort of sounds like some kind of stunt - make news, provide some kind of profile to the suspended group. Get some supporters into it.

Actually I don't really know what it's for or why it's a plan, but if it's publicity then hey - there's a thread about it.
Plus it made people in here mad and that's always a good thing.

I fail to see what value Malthouse can add. The suspended players need to keep and improve their fitness levels. An ex-senior coach is not the guy. They need a fitness coach. Maybe the Weapon is available. :D

An
I fail to see what value Malthouse can add. The suspended players need to keep and improve their fitness levels. An ex-senior coach is not the guy. They need a fitness coach. Maybe the Weapon is available. :D
and get there supplements from Stephen Thanks( refer to swiss article thread)

Yes other supporters are quite jealous of Essendon these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motivation, skills, analysis. You think they need some dude to tell them to run 5k?

Yes

How many times a week should they run 5k, or is it repeat sets of 1k 5times. How often should they lift weights, what size and how many repeats. They are used to simply following instructions from their club. Some will be able to cope without this instruction, others not so much.

Yes

How many times a week should they run 5k, or is it repeat sets of 1k 5times. How often should they lift weights, what size and how many repeats. They are used to simply following instructions from their club. Some will be able to cope without this instruction, others not so much.
Dont tell those pesky asada controllers what danky gave you

He did a s**t job. Led Essendon down the garden path at every turn. Nearly every decision was a bad one. Spent lots of of the club's money unnecessarily going to court. Could've taken a few weeks with a "no significant fault", hence not considered cheats, but unlike Cronulla, he had to fight. Now look where they are. Long suspensions, no "no significant fault" discount once WADA looked further, and no have the slur of drug cheats. Yes, such a wonderful job Little did...haha! Cronulla-smart, Essendon-dummies!

Jealous isn't the word. Only an Essendon supporter would think that. Highly amused at Essendon and their stupidity. Let's face, couldn't be more stupid. Why would be jealous of those idiots, and I do mean idiots.

He did a s**t job. Led Essendon down the garden path at every turn. Nearly every decision was a bad one. Spent lots of of the club's money unnecessarily going to court. Could've taken a few weeks with a "no significant fault", hence not considered cheats, but unlike Cronulla, he had to fight. Now look where they are. Long suspensions, no "no significant fault" discount once WADA looked further, and no have the slur of drug cheats. Yes, such a wonderful job Little did...haha! Cronulla-smart, Essendon-dummies!

Jealous isn't the word. Only an Essendon supporter would think that. Highly amused at Essendon and their stupidity. Let's face, couldn't be more stupid. Why would be jealous of those idiots, and I do mean idiots.
Wow...chill out. Is the saga is getting to you? Decisions were not all his!

Wow...chill out. Is the saga is getting to you? Decisions were not all his!
Ha ha why do they care so much? On one hand no punishment is too great for the club, some would be happy if it folded, but by jove they're not going to let the Essendon club decide how, it has to be done by the lynch mob! Bloody hilarious, I can't imagine being that concerned about how another club spends their money.

It was MY opinion. And I don't see how that shows me being hypocritical at all. I don't believe athletes who have been caught taking prohibited substances should receive any special treatment. It appears these ones are, and it shits me.

The rules state:

No Player or other Person who has been declared Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility, participate in any capacity in an AFL Competition or activity (other than authorised Anti-Doping education or rehabilitation programs) authorised by the AFL, Affiliated State or Territory Body or AFL Clubs, any Signatory or Signatory’s member organisation or a club or other member organisation of a Signatory’s member organisation, or in competitions authorised or organised by any professional league or any international or national level event organisation or any elite or national-level sporting activity funded by a government agency.

If Malthouse has been organised by either the AFL or Essendon, or receives payment from one of Essendon's rich coterie members, then it is against the rules. It's that simple.

I have never seen this sort of back door coaching prior to the rejoining of a team before. Normally you are by yourself and you go out on the road and ride, run or go for a swim without any support and any coaching whatsoever. However Essendon and the AFL appear to support full coaching and I know they like to do things differently however I see absolutely no need for the group of players to be anywhere near a coach. It is more Little sticking it up WADA and the other clubs.

Can you explain this part being any different in your scenario?
Matter of degree. Prior to CAS letting the public know a few things - for instance, the players not telling ASADA about their weekly injections - there was a bit of sympathy for the players. Waning, admittedly.

Had the players gone to ASADA when McDevitt publicly asked, there was a chance their penalties would have been a lot less, and a lot of stuff would not have come out in public. I think ASADA personnel had some understanding of the players' position, but CAS didn't give a s**t.

Little was offered one deal - by the AFL - and he did take it. Paid the fine (part out of his own pocket), had the club booted from the finals, and strongarmed Hird into taking his suspension.

To suggest he is somehow bloody minded is very wrong.

He was offered no deal by ASADA - they wouldn't even take his phone calls - and the players were advised by their own legal teams, which the AFLPA would not allow Essendon to to also be advised by.

He oversaw a recruitment program to offset the loss of draft picks as best as possible, negotiated insurance settlements to cover most of the expenses incurred, played the political side to keep the club and very powerful coteries on the same page (other weaker boards have been overthrown on far less), left the club with little debt and record membership, and now as a supporter is paying for the banned players' football program this year.

He screwed everything he touched? There's so much stupid in your post it's hard to know where to start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back