Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote that wise old saying that I just made up :), where there's a will, there's a dead body. This unbroken stand of 61 for the 5th wicket has given us a silly chance of pulling this out of the fire. Of course the Vics are still the red hot favourites, but cricket is a funny game - just when you think you know which way it's going, it takes a crazy turn. Remember that game in Perth a few weeks ago? We all thought the Redbacks were dead and buried, but they somehow picked themselves up off the canvas and pulled off an astonishing win. Who's to say they can't do it again???

Still a silly chance at stumps. Will need a 200 - 250 run lead and Victoria to lose 2 wickets very early in the second dig.

Have to bat all the way through the first two sessions tomorrow and get the pitch to break up and frustrate the Vics.

Easier said than done but its a funny old game and FFS South Australian sport needs a trophy.

It's an absolute ******* disgrace - he should get the arse for that.

I just saw it on tv, a vic assistant coach picked the ball up after a four had been scored and then deliberately rubbed it on the concrete of the gutter.

In Pakistan maybe that could happen, but in a shield final in Australia it was absolutely unbelievable, and what a p*ss poor penalty. o_O

I just saw it on tv, a vic assistant coach picked the ball up after a four had been scored and then deliberately rubbed it on the concrete of the gutter.

In Pakistan maybe that could happen, but in a shield final in Australia it was absolutely unbelievable, and what a p*ss poor penalty. o_O

Maybe he was trying to rub the Vaseline off the ball :p

It was the former spud Mick Lewis that was responsible.

Hope we can make the vics pay, but there really needs to be a tougher penalty for an incident like they, such as 50 penalty runs.

I bet if the penalty had been that White doesn't get to bat in the second innings, they'd think twice about doing it again!!!!!

It was the former spud Mick Lewis that was responsible.

Hope we can make the vics pay, but there really needs to be a tougher penalty for an incident like they, such as 50 penalty runs.

Mick Lewis was a king spud, he ran faster than he bowled. :D
From memory he went for more than 20 runs off the last over of a one dayer some years back and cost his team the game. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Lewis was a king spud, he ran faster than he bowled. :D
From memory he went for more than 20 runs off the last over of a one dayer some years back and cost his team the game. :thumbsdown:
He bowled the last over when South Africa chased down 434 against us in a one day match. Absolute disgrace to do what he did in a shield final, any game to be honest.

We had that dickwad captain Botha get suspended for ball tampering a couple of seasons ago too though...

I am far from writing of SA - but let's face it these are hardly teams for the ages - Sayers availability or lack of will be crucial - bowl stump to stump and anything is possible

Mennie has had a huge year, 50th wicket for the year today, joke that head got shield player of the year ahead of him, he is our hope if we can get another 100 at least on the board and give the vics a tricky run chase.

10 of the Bays' losing Grand Finals actually happened at Footy Park.

I'm fairly sure Glenelg never lost a grand final at Glenelg Oval. But it is the home of Glenelg FC grand final serial killers.

I'm fairly sure Glenelg never lost a grand final at Glenelg Oval. But it is the home of Glenelg FC grand final serial killers.
I'm also sure they'll never lose another grand final because:

a. They're crap, and
b. They're hopefully about to disappear :)

Game will be over today one way or another... Either we will be all out with in the first session today and the vice will chase it down quickly, or (the more favourable alternate) we will bat to just after lunch, have a lead of 250ish, then the wicket will crumble and the Vics will be out for like 140 or something.

Weatherald out just as i was typing that he and Ross were forming a match winning partnership here. Nevertheless, still a great knock from Weatherald. I actually hadn't heard of him until our last shield game. A lot of pressure on Ross to continue on here, i'm sure Aussie selectors will be taking some notice of what he does from here.

I think we are well and truly back in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back