Senior 10. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gutted, or is it guttered? I'm not sure
If you feel like your insides have been ripped out to become your outsides, you feel gutted.

If you feel as though you are water catchment and redirection system, you feel guttered. :thumbsu:

Good one msr, what if he got injured during the game? Better to select him and not let him take the field, ever, methinks. Just to be careful.
Sounds risky. What if he's so excited by his selection he falls off the aforementioned couch and does himself a mischief?

If you feel like your insides have been ripped out to become your outsides, you feel gutted.

If you feel as though you are water catchment and redirection system, you feel guttered. :thumbsu:
What if I feel like my insides have been kicked so hard, I'm left lying in a gutter?

Sounds risky. What if he's so excited by his selection he falls off the aforementioned couch and does himself a mischief?

I seem to remember Winston Abraham (?) broke his leg somehow sitting on or getting off a couch...

I think the only solution is for him to be kept inside a bubble...

* playing trivial pursuit not advised...

I think the only solution is for him to be kept inside a bubble...

Surefire #1 pick in 2016 AFL Draft

920x920.jpg

Cheap shot. please outline how this could have been prevented.
It's not a cheap shot. It's a comment on what should be the main game.

And I'm sure that injury prevention is foremost in the minds of the fitness staff when they design programs for players. I'd expect after this incident they might review the risk profiles for McKay's body type and then perhaps tinker with the training mix, or possibly tweak the intensity of training a little bit. They could go back and review McKay's medical history and growth patterns to see if there is anything that might have increased the risk of stress fractures occurring in his back and use this knowledge to identify other players that could have a heightened risk of suffering the same injury.... etc. etc.

Or maybe you think they should just scan the players more often? Perhaps they should just accept that s**t happens and do nothing?

I'm sure the medical staff wouldn't be giving themselves 10/10 and standing on their laurels for just identifying a problem quickly. That's not to say they have in any way been derelict in the duty.

A little flat about this one. I would have liked to see some early games put into him for his development. I feel by the time he comes back and gets into shape again season 2016 could be a write off and put him back a little in regards to progress.

That's not to say they have in any way been derelict in the duty.

I am confused. Are you saying that they could have done something to prevent this injury (if so what?) Or are you saying that they couldn't have done anything and therefore were not derelict in their duty. Or is there some middle ground that i am not aware of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am confused. Are you saying that they could have done something to prevent this injury (if so what?) Or are you saying that they couldn't have done anything and therefore were not derelict in their duty. Or is there some middle ground that i am not aware of?
I'm simply saying they are starting from some way back and their focus should be (and I'm sure is) on improvement. Other than that you can read back through my previous posts to get your answers.

Is he going to be too tall to be a gun KPF? Would he then need to be trained up as a ruck?

A genuine ruck/forward to team with and take over from Kreuzer.
He is very agile so no not too tall.. Will be a good KPF with Curnow and Silvagni as support... Its a good set up... He marks the ball at its highest point when youre that tall its hard too stop too should play lots of football next year

Is he going to be too tall to be a gun KPF? Would he then need to be trained up as a ruck?

A genuine ruck/forward to team with and take over from Kreuzer.

The vickery and petries of the world have been tearing Carlton a new one since the inception of the 200cm ruck type forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back