Senior 31. Harry Lemmey

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitiveness being an issue is a bit of a red flag for me, just will not succeed as a big forward or defending the big forwards unless you have a fair complement of it.
Has everything else to make it so will watch on with interest and back him in, something will need to click in his mindset and hope that it does.

As the suspect said, that was and sometimes still is 2MP’s problem, competitiveness and urgency, so there’s hope

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Certainly picked a good time to join the club. Being a developing key forward playing in Carlton’s VFL side for most of the past decade would’ve been a good way to get cold and lonely. With a much stronger midfield now he should get decent quality and quantity of supply.

Competitiveness being an issue is a bit of a red flag for me, just will not succeed as a big forward or defending the big forwards unless you have a fair complement of it.
Has everything else to make it so will watch on with interest and back him in, something will need to click in his mindset and hope that it does.

As the suspect said, that was and sometimes still is 2MP’s problem, competitiveness and urgency, so there’s hope

Agree - I noticed that in the summary as well. Also says he only bowls at 130km in his Channel 9 bio - meh.

If he doesn't work out up forward I suppose we can always bring him on for 5 overs after the power play.

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken he was the highest rated KPF in the draft prior to 2022, right?

His highlights look great, the kid can kick them from 50+ already. 200cm and looks really athletic, doesn’t look to be lumbering or encumbered. I like him a lot.

KPF’s seem to be often be picked late in the draft, with Mitch Lewis and Nick Larkey coming to mind.

This is an area where we sorely lacked depth, not sure any club is better equipped to teach a KPF to be a KPF than Carlton with the two most recent Coleman medalists there who play two very different games. The kid seems genuinely stoked.

I think we have to be reasonable with our expectations and look to 2024 for his first senior games. If he can play any in 2023 that’ll be a huge bonus.

Much happier with this late of a pick than I thought I’d be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While competitiveness is a slight concern, it's not a deal breaker as we do have some experience in turning that around in young players.

Harry had similar criticisms early in his career and Bolts stoutly backed his decision to not gift him games and push him/work him extra hard. Now H plays much harder and despite a few ?s about the odd act for a free kick or dropped easy mark I think most would agree he plays fairly hard these days. One thing I've admired about him is his ability to pop up in clutch moments later in games. Hasn't always delivered but showing the fight to get there shows he's playing hard. Cripps to a point too had an awakening and lit the fire.

I think as a late pick, a pick the fans and club know will be a project, could mean that we'll nurture that fire while he develops. We have a couple players with the history to support him. Cripps in particular is big on mindfulness and mental toughness in elite environments.

Also, as an aside, it'd be nice if footy could stop pinching all the decent cricketers! I think we could use a few handy youngsters coming through the cricket system about now but they keep jumping to Footy!

Last edited:
Kind of gives Josh Schache vibes.

Which would be a good player if he had more aggression.

Kind of gives Josh Schache vibes.

Which would be a good player if he had more aggression.
Bite your tongue.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back