Universal Love BEASTMODE HYPE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well boys and girls it has been a tough week this week coming off one of the worst losses in club history. It has been all doom and gloom on this board as of late. It is time to lift the spirits guys! Rhys 'BEASTMODE' Mathieson is making his debut this weekend against the Demons! He is a competitive, contested possession beast who has been dying to put on the jumper and wear the Lions jumper with pride! One thing you can guarantee is that he will come out and give 110% leaving absolutely nothing in the tank. Get pumped guys! We have a special one on our hands with young Rhys!

GOOOOOO LIIOOONNNNSSSSSSSSSS and GOOOOO BEASTMODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great speech, didn't shy away and put the challenge on the lads.

All from a kid who has played zero games.

Who needs the package when you have the beast!

Just what we need - a genuinly excited and hungry young lion.
Hope he plays well the mode!
He plays well all of a sudden our regulars will maybe up their urgency with no guarantees of their name being read out in the 1's.

Speech by Beastmode brought a smile to my face, and is hopefully, exactly the same attitude all boys are bringing into this weekend. You just get the feeling he's going to be something special :)
Well he has certainly talked himself up, at least Aker waited till he had some runs on the board before he started doing hand stands and running his mouth off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he has certainly talked himself up, at least Aker waited till he had some runs on the board before he started doing hand stands and running his mouth off.
Not sure he talked himself up there. Cant find any other pieces backing that either.

Anyhoo this is great news. Seemed genuinely happy to be there. His last comment saying 'we gotta grind our way out of this and im proud to be part of it'. Was music to my ears. After a week of feeling flat this is fantastic. At least we will know we will get 110% from him.

What a character ,not shy or timid at stepping forward that's for sure .
Ah does that sound like the type of player we need.
Love him already,
I love what he said at the end Rise and Grind , glad to be apart of it.

I think I've covered off on Aker before, but to be clear, he was a gobby, smartarse, full of himself jerk before he got to under 18s. #fail

Great news for the kid. Watching him in the NAB cup he looked like just what we've been missing for a while - a natural born in-and-under mid with great vision and handball skills.

Don't recall him talking himself up, he just seems like a confident young man. Benny Keays seems a bit the same. I like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back