Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Let us know how that goes Deanus. An ab is something I've never seen on myself b4

I had a couple start up last year, then decided Coke and Jaffas and pizza and beer were more important.

This time, i want them all.

Today so far i've eaten two fruit scones from Baker's Delight and a banana for breakfast, and a stuffed capsicum (stuffed with celery, chicken mince, and mushroom) for lunch, along with water. Small dinner coming up of... four whole fried chickens and a Coke? Probably some home-made pumpkin soup from the weekend.

It's SOOOOO BOOOOOORING when i know I could walk into a supermarket and stuff my face with sugar.

C'mon, gratification-delay!

Started the gym last night after not exercising for 15 years. Went straight into RPM with a mate and struggled to do all the tasks, but managed to get through without dying which is a start.

Have all the sore muscles kicked in yet? Mine always wait til the next afternoon before attacking me.

I'm now under 110kg for the first time in about 8 years. closing in on double digits!!

being a single guy cooking for myself is helping tremendously, not eating any processed crap, eating red meat, chicken breast and pork a fair bit, and having healthy serves of veggies on the side.

in saying that, living on your own when all you know is living with a wife and kids is very very different. need to get myself some hobbies

I'm now under 110kg for the first time in about 8 years. closing in on double digits!!

being a single guy cooking for myself is helping tremendously, not eating any processed crap, eating red meat, chicken breast and pork a fair bit, and having healthy serves of veggies on the side.

It's the nagging wife that made you fat in the first place! Nah, good for you - keep up with the chicken and the vegetables and the exercise!!

in saying that, living on your own when all you know is living with a wife and kids is very very different. need to get myself some hobbies

Yeah, I expect that post count will go up quicker than before ;)

From Feb 2, 2016

also, might be fun to do start weight, goal weight etc, so, here's me

start weight - 140kg
height - 182cm
goal weight - 90kg
current weight - 129kg

From this morning:

Oh that's a big * yeah. You've lost 30 kilo since you started, and probably 20 kg since early Feb. In fact you're closer to your goal weight than your starting weight!!!

Round of applause for Mr Smooth!!!

From Feb 2, 2016

From this morning:

Oh that's a big **** yeah. You've lost 30 kilo since you started, and probably 20 kg since early Feb. In fact you're closer to your goal weight than your starting weight!!!

Round of applause for Mr Smooth!!!
I looked at that too and hifived myself

I will say having diagnosed depression and having gone through what I've gone through this year with the separation etc has helped in a weird way. I don't snack at all now and kinda finding out the hard way that chicks don't really want to date a guy who's kinda fat - that's my motivation right there

I will say having diagnosed depression and having gone through what I've gone through this year with the separation etc has helped in a weird way. I don't snack at all now and kinda finding out the hard way that chicks don't really want to date a guy who's kinda fat - that's my motivation right there

Here's my impression of Mr Smooth three months from now

fit-dude.jpg

Here's my impression of Mr Smooth three months from now

fit-dude.jpg
i don't have that much hair - I imagine something like this..

art-353-svSCOTTTHOMPSON-300x0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While since last check in - still around the same and plateaued at 88 kgs.

Still keeping the work going to the gym 3-4 times a week. It's all about routine.

The good news - have seen cardiologist and GP - basically got marked an 'A+' work I've done since that event in March last year. Two medications removed and can get rid of another 2 and be down to only taking aspirin if I keep on this trajectory.

Yep, you can have a heart attack, survive, adjust your life habits, get healthier and the medications can be eliminated. The GP put it best, you body is like Adelaide, it has main arterial roads but what fitness adds is the secondary roads that can also get you from A to B.

My weight had been slowly creeping up over the last few years. I wasn't obese or anything, but I hit my heaviest at the end of January this year, at 90.1kg. I could really see it in my face and torso and it was quite depressing.

I decided that was enough and had been just trying to eat a bit better. It was working and I'd got down to just under 87, but progress was slow and it was easy to slip up.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to hit it a bit harder. Going to the gym and stuff gets difficult to keep up so I decided to go a different route and just reduce calories a lot.

The plan has been to have a protein shake for breakfast and another for lunch, then have a nice balanced meal for dinner, and allow a ~100cal snack during the day. All up I'm eating ~1000-1100 calories each day, and to be honest the shakes do fill me up and I'm really not missing the food.

My personal challenge is to adhere to this plan strictly for 30 days, then loosen off slightly for a couple of weeks, then hit it again. Today is day 18, I started at 86.9 and as of this morning I'm 81.9. I'm hopeful that I can break under 80 before the 30 days is up.

One thing I have missed is coffee. I can have black coffee, but I really prefer it with milk. I've now started making a shot of espresso and putting it and a handful of ice into my morning shake and blending that - it is awesome. In the vanilla shake it just tastes like an iced coffee, and in chocolate like and iced mocha.

Last edited:
My weight had been slowly creeping up over the last few years. I wasn't obese or anything, but I hit my heaviest at the end of January this year, at 90.1kg. I could really see it in my face and torso and it was quite depressing.

I decided that was enough and had been just trying to eat a bit better. It was working and I'd got down to just under 87, but progress was slow and it was easy to slip up.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to hit it a bit harder. Going to the gym and stuff gets difficult to keep up so I decided to go a different route and just reduce calories a lot.

The plan has been to have a protein shake for breakfast and another for lunch, then have a nice balanced meal for dinner, and allow a ~100cal snack during the day. All up I'm eating ~1000-1100 calories each day, and to be honest the shakes do fill me up and I'm really not missing the food.

My personal challenge is to adhere to this plan strictly for 30 days, then loosen off slightly for a couple of weeks, then hit it again. Today is day 18, I started at 86.9 and as of this morning I'm 81.9. I'm hopeful that I can break under 80 before the 30 days is up.

One thing I have missed is coffee. I can have black coffee, but I really prefer it with milk. I've now started making a shot of espresso and putting it and a handful of ice into my morning shake and blending that - it is awesome. In the vanilla shake it just tastes like an iced coffee, and in chocolate like and iced mocha.
You should also remember that protein shakes are called supplements for a reason. They are there to supplement your diet, not be it. I also stress that 1000 calories is nowhere enough for a healthy diet. You really should be aiming for 1800. I'm surprised you have not experienced any dizziness or nausea. With consistently low levels of calorie intake your body will go into a process called ketosis whereby your metabolism will slow down and will begin to hang on to fat and burn muscle in order to fuel itself. In this case it is likely you will put on the weight as quickly as you lost it and you run the risk of causing metabolic damage. Also you are not feeling hungry because high levels of protein intake can suppress chemicals that induces your appetite but trust me your body needs more food.

It is common mistake for those looking to lose weight to just stop eating but it does more harm than good in the long run. I highly suggest you educate yourself about a balanced diet and lifestyle and devise a well rounded nutritional diet plan to follow.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I'm just putting in my 2 cents.

EDIT: also you should aim to lose 0.5-1 kg a week as it will be easier to keep off long term. In the event that you are losing weight faster than this rate you are likely losing water weight and lean tissue instead of actual fat.

Last edited:
You should also remember that protein shakes are called supplements for a reason. They are there to supplement your diet, not be it. I also stress that 1000 calories is nowhere enough for a healthy diet. You really should be aiming for 1800. I'm surprised you have not experienced any dizziness or nausea. With consistently low levels of calorie intake your body will go into a process called ketosis whereby your metabolism will slow down and will begin to hang on to fat and burn muscle in order to fuel itself. In this case it is likely you will put on the weight as quickly as you lost it and you run the risk of causing metabolic damage. Also you are not feeling hungry because high levels of protein intake can suppress chemicals that induces your appetite but trust me your body needs more food.

It is common mistake for those looking to lose weight to just stop eating but it does more harm than good in the long run. I highly suggest you educate yourself about a balanced diet and lifestyle and devise a well rounded nutritional diet plan to follow.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I'm just putting in my 2 cents.

EDIT: also you should aim to lose 0.5-1 kg a week as it will be easier to keep off long term. In the event that you are losing weight faster than this rate you are likely losing water weight and lean tissue instead of actual fat.
I haven't stopped eating, for 30 days I have replaced my previously non-existent breakfast and lunch with a shake, and then have a good solid dinner. Dinner is typically about 220gm of lean meat, plus either a cup or rice, pasta or a potato, occasionally a corn cob, plus however much steamed vegetables I want. With my daily snack (muesli bar, piece or fruit, some nuts) I've had about 550 calories by lunch which is pretty much what I was having before, only it was one meal. I have about the same again for dinner. The big difference for me is the night time snacking. I have cut that out entirely, with the exception of when I didn't get my snack during the day, then I might air pop some popcorn, or spice up some chick-peas and cook them until crunchy in the air-fryer.

To lose 0.5-1kg per week you'd be looking at a 500-1000 calorie deficit each day and that's what I have been aiming for.

The weights in my first post are a bit misleading, as one was an end of the day weight, and one was a morning after going to the toilet. Last night was the end of day 28, and I was 81.3, so down around 5 1/2 in 4 weeks, slightly over 1 per week, but the first week I dropped a bit more, the last three have been steady at around 1kg. At Friday 27 May I was 84.2, so 2.9 kg in the last 3 weeks.

I found a couple of pictures of myself a little while ago. one prior to my weight loss, and another a selfie i took to message a friend to show how little *s i gave about something.. losing 25kg has a massive difference to the way you look.

bit reluctant to post it, but if you would like to see it, maybe i can be swayed..

also, i said one of the last posts i made that i need to find some hobbies - I've got back into 10 pin bowling. forgot how much fun that was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back