FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed the Rocca Bros.

Totally agree that Sav's career always seemed played down, would regularly kick bags which seemed to not gain the accolades by the footy media that it deserved. Remember he was playing pretty good footy around 2005 for the Roos but the media seemed to instead have a love affair with Hall, Fevola, Brown or Lloyd. I guess he wasn't too marketable as a player?

Anthony Rocca was a likable player in an unlikeable team to me during that 2002-03 period. He was the huge X-factor for them, regularly remember Collingwood winning games they probably shouldn't of and gaining back huge momentum swings when he unloaded from 50+ metres out kicking goals and lifting the side. Glad they asked him about his Sydney years, wasn't sure what the story was.

Tuddenham's relationship with Mike was quite prickly (as evident during his appearance), and to a lesser extent Marty Pike, so like the many other good candidates out there that haven't appeared I imagine Daics or Merrett would overlook that stuff if the money outweighed any prior conflict.

It really shits me how Mike will often ask 'why did it take you so long to come to Victoria?'. He really does struggle to hide his Victorian bias and his lack of respect for all other leagues.

My No. 1 bugbear with Mike.

It's as if he deliberately blocks out any Football that's not Victorian.

Mike, what does the A in AFL stand for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the best sports interview program is not 'Open Mike', but 'Inside Racing', hosted by former Sydney race caller John Tapp that used to be on Sky Racing on Foxtel.

The best interview on 'Inside Racing' was John Tapp being interviewed by Graham McNeice to mark Tapp's retirement after 50 years of being involved in the racing media.
The most emotional part of the interview was when Tapp recalled the late Ken Howard's final day as a race caller on New Year's Eve, 1973 at Royal Randwick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I reckon the best sports interview program is not 'Open Mike', but 'Inside Racing', hosted by former Sydney race caller John Tapp that used to be on Sky Racing on Foxtel.

The best interview on 'Inside Racing' was John Tapp being interviewed by Graham McNeice to mark Tapp's retirement after 50 years of being involved in the racing media.
The most emotional part of the interview was when Tapp recalled the late Ken Howard's final day as a race caller on New Year's Eve, 1973 at Royal Randwick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's nice, but what relevance does it have to this thread?

Roger Merrett would be an interesting interview but unfortunately that is the ex player Mike Sheehan is most at odds with still today.

Isn't Merrett in pretty poor health these days? Would he be up to it? There's plenty of great candidates around...only so many episodes in a year.

Barry Cable surprised he hasn't been on yet.

I wonder if Mike has the balls to ask him about the rumors of Cable's personal life

These rumours? That would be pretty stupid by Mike.

Tuddenham's relationship with Mike was quite prickly (as evident during his appearance), and to a lesser extent Marty Pike, so like the many other good candidates out there that haven't appeared I imagine Daics or Merrett would overlook that stuff if the money outweighed any prior conflict.
What's the issue between Pike and Mike? I didn't know there was one. They seemed on good terms during the interview, Pike came across as comfortable and open.

Cable does come across as very sure and confident of himself, some might perceive it as cockiness. I didn't think it was as pronounced though as the Royce Hart interview, bloke had tickets on himself.
I think maybe that's bias creeping in? As a neutral I think they are both similar - just very sure and confident to speak their minds. Can see how people would think they both had tickets on themselves though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back