FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's two guests I'd like to see Mike Sheahan interview, it would be SA football legends Barrie Robran and Russell Ebert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well this is s**t, the first 20 minutes have been on his playing career, I don't think many give a rats arse about that outside of Victoria.

To be fair, it seems given his achievements that he was top quality player in his day, who is a bit forgotten and overlooked in hindsight.

Pretty ridiculous though that his coaching tenure at Richmond was barely mentioned, given that's probably the main thing people wanted to hear his perspective on.

An extra 17 minutes of his interview here. Not sure why they left it out of the tv episode. They are only showing 11,362 replays of 360/a game from the weekend anyway.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tv-shows/open-mike?nk=15ea9e6f053089cc7096576f4d807e60-1467720307

Nice. Usually the "extra" on the website is 3-4 minutes at most.

As a general comment, they really need to start giving this show a full hour. Might actually allow some of the subjects to open up a bit more, and not gloss over the interesting and important points of their careers like so often happens.

To be fair, it seems given his achievements that he was top quality player in his day, who is a bit forgotten and overlooked in hindsight.

Pretty ridiculous though that his coaching tenure at Richmond was barely mentioned, given that's probably the main thing people wanted to hear his perspective on.

Not seen the interview yet but if it is of Terry Wallace I could not care less to hear much more about his tenure at Richmond. It was done to death at time and not that interesting or more to be said about it. Much more interested in his playing career, why he left Hawks and his time getting into coaching and even changing the whole coaching/media interaction. As far as a player goes tend to rate him and recent Sam Mitchell on a par. Both were not quick but good users of the ball from midfield. Will check it out in coming days but to hear there is little on boring Richmond part it is encouraging it will be worthwhile catching.

I love how Terry always tries to pass off the blame. Plenty of coaches have had clubs with no money and issues off field but they don't try and make out like that's why they failed as a coach of a club.

Has always made excuses and pumped himself up to feed his giant ego.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Fascinated to hear he started playing as a kid in the Fitzroy zone like Paul Roos but could not get a game with his first junior club so his Dad found another club in another suburb which ended up being in Hawthorn zone.

I remember him playing at Footscray late in his career under Malthouse but thought he also played at Richmond too. Just cannot recall if he went from Hawks to Dogs or Hawks to Tigers.

I love how Terry always tries to pass off the blame. Plenty of coaches have had clubs with no money and issues off field but they don't try and make out like that's why they failed as a coach of a club.

Damning that a Hawks supporter said it.

Big Tezza is the master tactician.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinated to hear he started playing as a kid in the Fitzroy zone like Paul Roos but could not get a game with his first junior club so his Dad found another club in another suburb which ended up being in Hawthorn zone.

I remember him playing at Footscray late in his career under Malthouse but thought he also played at Richmond too. Just cannot recall if he went from Hawks to Dogs or Hawks to Tigers.
Hawks to Tigers first

Always been good at airbrushing history has Plough.

Did some great things with us, really great, but ultimately, we missed out on flags in 1997 and 1998 and he was at fault as much as anyone.
I've never heard him say he wasn't at fault.

He walked into the season wake after the 97 prelim loss with "We blew it" written on his forehead. We. Not You. That doesn't seem like the act of someone not admitting they weren't at fault.

Damning that a Hawks supporter said it.

Big Tezza is the master tactician.
Let's just say I know a couple of his ex teammates and they don't have the kindest words to say about him and his massive ego he's had since his early playing days.

Let's just say I know a couple of his ex teammates and they don't have the kindest words to say about him and his massive ego he's had since his early playing days.

I've heard stories that Wallace was widely disliked by many former teammates so it doesn't surprise me to hear that.

I've never heard him say he wasn't at fault.

He walked into the season wake after the 97 prelim loss with "We blew it" written on his forehead. We. Not You. That doesn't seem like the act of someone not admitting they weren't at fault.

Wasn't necessarily talking about that. Was referring to him knifing Joyce in 1996. Joyce had to go, but I doubt Wallace was as innocent as he makes out.

As for him walking out on the club in 2002, he can say what he likes, but he left because he thought he had the Swans job in the bag.

Last edited:
I thought Plough was one of the best episodes (maybe the best) of this year.

I've heard stories that Wallace was widely disliked by many former teammates so it doesn't surprise me to hear that.

There was a story on one of the threads recounting stories of meeting AFL figures. Apparently Terry likes to remind people out loud in his weezy voice that he has AFL games to call and places to be while at funerals.

I noticed on the Fox Footy website in the Open Mike link there's a 32 second video dedicated to Steven Febey.

Not sure if that means he's next or Brian Royal (as per a few pages back) or someone else.

You might be right.

Wallace went alright at the Doggies, who I highly doubt had much coin either.

Richmond were just a rabble, for example recruiting Oakley-Nicholls off a 2min highlights video.

Wallace went alright at the Doggies, who I highly doubt had much coin either.

Richmond were just a rabble, for example recruiting Oakley-Nicholls off a 2min highlights video.
He was an ok coach. If Terry told you what kind of coach he was, he would say a brilliant one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back