Summer RIO 2016 - Swimming (Pool Only) 6th to 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

So Ryan Lochte *en straight out lies, Chiller and co and probably every 1st world team Chef de Mission, piss their pants, put on tight restrictions about safety, McKeon is safe with friends, but doesnt send a txt, swims a better meet than any other multi event female swimmer delivering 4 medals, and gets banned from the closing ceremony.

* me I would be complaining straight out if it happened to me. I dont give a stuff that rules were made, they were made under a false pretense, so they become null and void as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Kitty Chiler is a ******* idiot.
They aren't a bunch of kids, she even said she did the right thing by not going on the streets alone but no phone call, you're banned from the closing ceremony

Has Lochte admitted he made it up? I've only seen reports that he lied coming from Brazilians, who would have a vested interest in it not being true. I guess if Allenby can do it, then so might Lochte (plus there are other teammates involved), but why? Just bizarre.

Apparently there is also cctv footage backing up the Brazilians. Not a wonder he ran off home as soon as he could.

So Ryan Lochte ****en straight out lies, Chiller and co and probably every 1st world team Chef de Mission, piss their pants, put on tight restrictions about safety, McKeon is safe with friends, but doesnt send a txt, swims a better meet than any other multi event female swimmer delivering 4 medals, and gets banned from the closing ceremony.

**** me I would be complaining straight out if it happened to me. I dont give a stuff that rules were made, they were made under a false pretense, so they become null and void as far as I'm concerned.
I'd just be turning up anyway. With all nations entering in one big group it wouldn't be hard to get in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kitty Chiler is a ******* idiot.
They aren't a bunch of kids, she even said she did the right thing by not going on the streets alone but no phone call, you're banned from the closing ceremony

The way she said she didn't want to have to ring athletes parents up sounded exactly like a teacher on a school camp saying if anyone plays up their parents will be called to come get them.

I'd just be turning up anyway. With all nations entering in one big group it wouldn't be hard to get in.
Depends whether you have to swipe your acreditaion card to get past security and if you have to hand that back. I know what you are saying but if both the AOC security checks and the Rio OCOG checks are in play you shouldn't get in. I hope they do have a crack.

Depends whether you have to swipe your acreditaion card to get past security and if you have to hand that back. I know what you are saying but if both the AOC security checks and the Rio OCOG checks are in play you shouldn't get in. I hope they do have a crack.

Kitty will probably be there policing everyone

I have no problem with the ban. She made people panic because she disobeyed team rules. In a place like Brazil where safety is paramount, I completely understand her reasoning.
Yeah but it was based on a lie. They didn't impose the ban before Lochte lied. If it was that unsafe, then they were delinquent not to have the full on ban from day 1.

Yeah but it was based on a lie. They didn't impose the ban before Lochte lied. If it was that unsafe, then they were delinquent not to have the full on ban from day 1.
Welcome to fluidity. They changed it before Lochte, they changed it when some coaches were mugged.

I have no problem with the ban. She made people panic because she disobeyed team rules. In a place like Brazil where safety is paramount, I completely understand her reasoning.
They're adults not children

Treat them as such

Where they have curfews and abide by rules because they are representing their country on tax payers money.

Suspect there's a lot more to the story

Emma went out with aussies and swedes
Text all her teammates saying she was ok
Couldn't get a cab
Rather than walk home and place herself in danger she went home to a friends

Considering the swimmers dont get to walk at the opening ceremony I'd say this is the greatest BULLSH1T over-reaction of all time.

I'm sure there's more to the story but she can GLADLY have my taxpayer money given her performance

Except she didn't because they didn't realise she wasn't there until she arrived back the next morning. And apparently she had texted members of the team to let them know where she was, she just forgot to text team management. The punishment doesn't exactly fit the crime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back