3 recent flags but the Cats are nearly as broke as Brisbane. Why?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he doesn't, I often hear Ablett Snr introduced as the greatest ever,

Sure, by media knobs like Hamish, or Geelong flogs. We're talking about former candidates referring to the player without the context of a conversation about the greatest though, and I've explained why these parameters are significant.

And no they're not...they're just being modest.

Carey and modesty lol. Nice try.

Sure, by media knobs like Hamish, or Geelong flogs. We're talking about former candidates referring to the player without the context of a conversation about the greatest though, and I've explained why these parameters are significant.

No, you're not engaging in a conversation at all. A conversation involves a multitude of opinions....some the same, some different.
I repeat, I've heard a multitude of people describe Ablett Snr as the GOAT, I've heard the same said about Carey and Blight as well. It's a subjective issue.
You just prove once again, you're dismissive of anyone who doesn't fit your narrative, and retreat your safe space with your fingers in your ears shouting 'LALALALALALA'

You're all over the place. Don't even have your definitions in order. Firstly I wasn't commenting on whatever sticker arrangements you have with Ford. Then there is also a world of difference between a handout and advertising deals and the like. Calling the Tasmania deal with Hawthorn a series of handouts is about as weirdly misguided as it gets
advertising and cash handouts are the same thing. No one gives out cash without wanting kudos for it which is exactly what advertising is. Also geelongs stadium is not owned by the geelong football club. Money sent to the stadium is no more a handout to the geelong football club then govt money used to build launceston stadium is money for the hawthorn football club.

No, because the Tasmania deal isn't 'cash handouts'. I'm trying to discuss this with you seriously, and this is all you have?

Yes he was, it was in the Leigh Matthews open Mike interview. He points out why Carey was better than ablett, and why senior was better than junior.

You're all over the place. Don't even have your definitions in order. Firstly I wasn't commenting on whatever sticker arrangements you have with Ford. Then there is also a world of difference between a handout and advertising deals and the like. Calling the Tasmania deal with Hawthorn a series of handouts is about as weirdly misguided as it gets

The difference as I have repeatedly stated is that Carey in this instance simply offers his opinion without being asked or without it being required even. This admission from a man who was once thought to be in the running 4 goat status is pretty huge. I imagine that Usain Bolt would be introduced much the same way these days

It's not about it not being asked necessarily, but rather that it's not around the conversation of the greatest player anymore. Matthews just gets introduced as the greatest no matter the context, and even former candidates like Carey are now bowing down.

Vintage Podgy, welcome back old mate, I was wondering what it would take for you to rekindle an interest in footy, alas #leighfall got the job done.:p
I should have known:thumbsu:

Podgey trying to become relevant again.

The d/h has no idea, leave him be and let him rot in his own faeces again. Even his idol that he never saw play agrees Snr is without peer as the greatest ever.

Nobody, I repeat nobody, could do the things the GOAT could.

Grab yourselves a coffee, a relaxant or whatever else tickles your fancy, and enjoy this Masterclass cameo.

advertising and cash handouts are the same thing. No one gives out cash without wanting kudos for it which is exactly what advertising is. .

No mate, there is a very real difference between a handout, and money in return for exposure.

Vintage Podgy, welcome back old mate, I was wondering what it would take for you to rekindle an interest in footy, alas #leighfall got the job done.:p
I should have known:thumbsu:

My first interest is in the AFL folding, then actual football and the history of the game, then Hawthorn.

government funded = tax payer funded cash handouts. No matter how you try and spin in

Another fail.
No, you're not engaging in a conversation at all.

LOL, I wasn't referring to me, but the context in which Lethal is referred to as the GOAT now.

I repeat, I've heard a multitude of people

Again, irrelevant, as I have already explained, the context is what was so remarkable about Carey nominating Lethal as the GOAT. Anyway Ablett doesn't have the credentials for anything like GOAT status. 1 BnF only, no Legend status, no Player of the Century status, no statue at the G, etc. He's not in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Podgey trying to become relevant again.

The d/h has no idea, leave him be and let him rot in his own faeces again. Even his idol that he never saw play agrees Snr is without peer as the greatest ever.
Nakia half your posts are elaborate versions of "Poster X has no idea what they're talking about!".

The other half demonstrate exactly that about yourself.

Nobody, I repeat nobody, could do the things the GOAT could.

Grab yourselves a coffee, a relaxant or whatever else tickles your fancy, and enjoy this Masterclass cameo.

A line of white powder & a swig of rocket fuel would be far more appropriate for viewing an Ablett Snr video. ;)

Lethal was basically the complete footballer.
I remember thinking as a kid that players must not be allowed to tackle him.
I only saw him when he was half cooked but I know those who saw him in his prime laugh at any comparisons.

It's funny, they said the same thing about Gretzky and body checks (which are basically tackles in ice hockey). It's amazing how alike these GOATs are.

Nakia half your posts are elaborate versions of "Poster X has no idea what they're talking about!".

The other half demonstrate exactly that about yourself.

This whole thread is a cesspool of your drivel so you're really in no position to be critical of others.

Tell us how home and away wins aren't important, again.

Funny thing about Ablett Snr is that at 185cm he'd be an actual midfielder if he played today's footy, instead of a permanent forward.
Read above.

You know what I think? I actually think you believe most of the tripe you type.

You know what I think? I actually think you believe most of the tripe you type.
I certainly believe it a great deal more than most of the tripe you type. :D

giphy.gif

I certainly believe it a great deal more than most of the tripe you type. :D
I'm quite content in the knowledge that my football nous is at the opposite end of the spectrum in comparison to yours... And you're at rock bottom.

I'm not sure it's possible for anyone to have more fail in a single thread.

Take solace in the fact that your record is unlikely to ever be broken. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back