Recommitted Steven Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

Your club was one of the two that tried to lure him with 700,000 plus last year.
true thats because he had currency last year, this year hes looked overweight and slow, hence u guys trying to offload him, i would prefer Lincoln Mc Karthy..

true thats because he had currency last year, this year hes looked overweight and slow, hence u guys trying to offload him, i would prefer Lincoln Mc Karthy..
Mmm he was in AA discussion early in the season and tapered off. I would suggest he still has a lot of currency. Irrelevant anyway, I don't think he wants to go based on his comments yesterday to the media and unless we got an extremely good offer there is no point in us letting him go, given he is contracted and he would net us a first rnd compo anyway on his pay band if we lose him next year, so it's irrelevant really.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the...n/news-story/83d7a1fffa4a680c2d46cb8c819355a9

Last edited:
Your club was one of the two that tried to lure him with 700,000 plus last year.

Do you seriously think anyone in a normal state of mind would accept $200k pa less, that is close to 30% less income, why would any middle of the road player give up that sort of money when he doesnt seem the loyal type

Mmm he was in AA discussion early in the season and tapered off. I would suggest he still has a lot of currency. Irrelevant anyway, I don't think he wants to go, based on his comments yesterday to the media and unless we got an extremely good offer there is no point in us letting him go given he is contracted and he would net us a first rnd compo anyway probably on his pay band if we lose hime next year, so it's irrelevant really.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the...n/news-story/83d7a1fffa4a680c2d46cb8c819355a9

Agree, if he ws offered $700K he would have stayed for $600K plus so if he becomes a FA on that coin your compensation will be a first easy, would be wiser for Geelong to see what he can do next year and let him walk as FA the following if he wants

We'd find a use for him if mcglyn retires, but not on much money though.

If you cant afford to keep Mitchell you'd be crazy to bring in Motlop. Though I dare say Longmire would have him working hard.

Motlop would command a late first round pick/early 2nd round.

Crazy talk. Fat, lazy, and selfish. He'd be lucky to be worth a 3rd round.

Agree, if he ws offered $700K he would have stayed for $600K plus so if he becomes a FA on that coin your compensation will be a first easy, would be wiser for Geelong to see what he can do next year and let him walk as FA the following if he wants

Did you see Scott last night when asked about list management? You could tell he was still seething at Motlop. Im sure he wants him gone and I doubt he cares what he gets in return.

Do you seriously think anyone in a normal state of mind would accept $200k pa less, that is close to 30% less income, why would any middle of the road player give up that sort of money when he doesnt seem the loyal type
Motlop isn't really a middle of the road player though, well I guess he is. But if he puts the effort in he could definitely be something more if you're looking at his natural ability. He may have accepted the lesser amount to stay with his mates/the team/to chase success? Not every player is solely chasing $, especially when they're already making heaps more than they could doing anything else.

Who says he is not loyal? He is a one club player who turned down 200,000 dollars?

Will he be there in two years?

As I said if he was offered $700k he would have accepted $600K plus, its common sense calculations

Geelongs best option leave him on ice for a year take a 1st rounder next year and let hm leave as a FA

This year he kicked 38 goals averaging 20 touches a game. Thats a comfortably higher goal ratio and only two touches per game less than delidio in his all australian year. Motlop was only one 4 goal performance away from being in the all australian squad this season.

Will he be there in two years?

As I said if he was offered $700k he would have accepted $600K plus, its common sense calculations

Geelongs best option leave him on ice for a year take a 1st rounder next year and let hm leave as a FA
yep that is the lower limit. He can net us an end of first rounder next year and we get an extra season out of him. If there is a trade its going to net better than an end of first rounder.

Gold. Mitchell is heading for elite inside mid status, if not there already. Motlop is heading for the wafl or sanfl at current rate of "progress". He was an embarrassment on Friday night, why anyone would give anything of worth for him is beyond. All you are getting on exposed form is a player guaranteed to let you down when the heat goes on

Granted he, along with a dozen others had shockers. But, guess what? It happens! Unfortunate for us they all went missing in a Prelim in front of a national audience.
What about the week before V Hawthorn ?? 16 poss kicks 2.3 ? Meh.. pretty average....

People tend to only remember the last thing they see. Going by that theory all bar Danger and Joel should all be out the door...

This is probably why he is worth every bit of a 1st Rounder.
Players that are crap don't put up these type of numbers.
His ceiling is higher than the majority in the AFL and his low is just the same as the rank and file.

Round 23 v Melbourne 12 poss 2 goals 7 tackles??
Round 22 v Brisbane 23 poss 5 goals??
Round 21 v Richmond 17 poss kicks 1.4 (should've been 3.2!!)
Round 20 v Essendon 20 poss 1 goal
Round 19 v Footscray 21 poss 3 goals 5 tackles
Round 18 v Adelaide 24 poss 7 Tackles
Round 17 v Fremantle 26 poss 4 tackles
Round 16 v Sydney 17 poss 4 tackles
Averaged close to 19 disposals 1.5 goals and 2.5 tackles a game over the last 10 games. All this without trying?? WOW!! What if he tried??
This is why he is worth every cent of a top 10 pick.

If...
Jed Anderson is worth a Pick 15
Jono O'Rourke is worth Pick 19 & 40
Joel Patfull Pick 21
Allan Christensen Pick 21
Shaun Hampson Pick 32
Shaun Wellingham Pick 18
Dawes Pick 20
Then a Top 10 pick is about right on the money.

I still remember the uproar regarding StevieJ. He was nearly out the door!!
Lucky for us, you blokes didn't think his ankles were up to it...:tearsofjoy:. Is that medico still at the club??;)

All i can wonder is. What if he actually put in a bit of effort? In Training, Diet, Application, Dedication??
That is why we do not trade him. Because players with that type of ability don't grow on trees.

Cheers Boys!!
And a BIG Congratulations to Paddy Dangerfield on last nights Charlie!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop would command a late first round pick/early 2nd round.

So you want to give us Pick 19 for him?? lol...In ya dreams.
He's better than all these blokes...
Jed Anderson Pick 15... Chris Yarran P.19... Jono O'Rourke P.19... Jack Redden P.17... Tom Bell P.21... Jake Melksham P.26... Jaksch & Wiley P.7 minus P.19

I imagine Geelong will only consider trading him out if they get a deal in favor of them? Motlop is a enigma does he need a fresh start at another club? if you could get him playing at this 2013 level where he was on the verge of becoming a A grader then he is easily worth a first rounder.

Granted he, along with a dozen others had shockers. But, guess what? It happens! Unfortunate for us they all went missing in a Prelim in front of a national audience.
What about the week before V Hawthorn ?? 16 poss kicks 2.3 ? Meh.. pretty average....

People tend to only remember the last thing they see. Going by that theory all bar Danger and Joel should all be out the door...

This is probably why he is worth every bit of a 1st Rounder.
Players that are crap don't put up these type of numbers.
His ceiling is higher than the majority in the AFL and his low is just the same as the rank and file.

Round 23 v Melbourne 12 poss 2 goals 7 tackles??
Round 22 v Brisbane 23 poss 5 goals??
Round 21 v Richmond 17 poss kicks 1.4 (should've been 3.2!!)
Round 20 v Essendon 20 poss 1 goal
Round 19 v Footscray 21 poss 3 goals 5 tackles
Round 18 v Adelaide 24 poss 7 Tackles
Round 17 v Fremantle 26 poss 4 tackles
Round 16 v Sydney 17 poss 4 tackles
Averaged close to 19 disposals 1.5 goals and 2.5 tackles a game over the last 10 games. All this without trying?? WOW!! What if he tried??
This is why he is worth every cent of a top 10 pick.

If...
Jed Anderson is worth a Pick 15
Jono O'Rourke is worth Pick 19 & 40
Joel Patfull Pick 21
Allan Christensen Pick 21
Shaun Hampson Pick 32
Shaun Wellingham Pick 18
Dawes Pick 20
Then a Top 10 pick is about right on the money.

I still remember the uproar regarding StevieJ. He was nearly out the door!!
Lucky for us, you blokes didn't think his ankles were up to it...:tearsofjoy:. Is that medico still at the club??;)

All i can wonder is. What if he actually put in a bit of effort? In Training, Diet, Application, Dedication??
That is why we do not trade him. Because players with that type of ability don't grow on trees.

Cheers Boys!!
And a BIG Congratulations to Paddy Dangerfield on last nights Charlie!
The Anderson trade got us upgraded picks, so in the end he was worth around the 30-35 mark. How posters still don't understand this is absolutely mind boggling.

Melksham 24 ish
Redden 17 ish

Surely Motlop is worth more than them

Hawks received draft picks 39, 46 and 70 for Kennedy and McGlynn.

Surely Motlop isn't worth as much as those two.

Everyone can take dumb outlier trades both ways and use that as a base line. But it just makes the one using the dumb outlier trades seem a bit slow for not realising they are dumb outlier trades.

Hawks received draft picks 39, 46 and 70 for Kennedy and McGlynn.

Surely Motlop isn't worth as much as those two.

Everyone can take dumb outlier trades both ways and use that as a base line. But it just makes the one using the dumb outlier trades seem a bit slow for not realising they are dumb outlier trades.
Kennedy had played about 5 games and McGlynn around 40 without showing a whole lot. Motlop has played 130 odd games and shown he has the natural ability to be a superstar if he gets properly focused.

Sydney obviously paid unders in that trade (even at the time) but not many could have predicted JPK's rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back