Recommitted Jesse Motlop [Signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think he will leave this year but would like to sign him soon as he is integral to any future success we may have.

Freo and WCE will be sniffing around if it drags on.

Sort of player you’d do well to get OOC because you wouldn’t ruin your cap by offering him overs, and could get him at the trade table for value.

Good replacement for Rioli long term at the Eagles I’d say.
Eagles also have Ports 2nd rounder so have 2 picks in the 20s which would mean they could look to attract talent.

On flip side, Carlton a more immediate term success chance.

No concerns for Carlton at this stage as it’s early but if it got to the bye I’d start to lean towards going.

Living up to the Motflop name..

Just about everytime he got the ball against the crows the other night and felt tackling pressure from behind he simply dropped the ball cold and threw himself forward onto the ground.

Pathetic display.

Its a shame because he looks like an extremely well skilled young player.

Talented young player. Can they delist Jack Martin and give that wage to Motlop?

Living up to the Motflop name..

Just about everytime he got the ball against the crows the other night and felt tackling pressure from behind he simply dropped the ball cold and threw himself forward onto the ground.

Pathetic display.

Its a shame because he looks like an extremely well skilled young player.
Noticed this as well.

Wasn't pretty to watch at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If what I've heard about Jesse is true then he has been offered a contract extension.
I wouldnt have thought there's any doubt whether he's been offered an extension, just whether he accepts it.

I'm not sure big clubs lose many if any young best 22 players in their first contract to be honest so like others, I'd be pretty sure he signs.

Question for Carlton posters, his speed (or lack their of) always worried me a bit at junior level, does that look like the biggest thing that will hold him back at AFL?

He was rightfully ours to begin with, but the VFL changed the academy rules just in time so we couldn't match any bid
Love the massive chip Freo fans have on their shoulders this year. Wonder why the VFL screwed their oldest team when they changed their rules to stop bids on Mac Andrew. Must be Vicbias.

I wouldnt have thought there's any doubt whether he's been offered an extension, just whether he accepts it.

I'm not sure big clubs lose many if any young best 22 players in their first contract to be honest so like others, I'd be pretty sure he signs.

Question for Carlton posters, his speed (or lack their of) always worried me a bit at junior level, does that look like the biggest thing that will hold him back at AFL?

Jesse and his management are definitely working on an extension with Carlton., just working out the crossing the I"s and doting the T"s so to.speak.

Yes. If he was a yard quicker imo he'd be absolutely up there with Pickett, Rankine etc in terms of potential. He's strong as an ox and has that real Gary Ablett Jr type strength in his hips, but certainly not as fast as you'd think when in open space or making a lead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up playing some midfield minutes eventually but until then imo should be working with a speed trainer to get that extra % to his game.

Love the massive chip Freo fans have on their shoulders this year. Wonder why the VFL screwed their oldest team when they changed their rules to stop bids on Mac Andrew. Must be Vicbias.
You do realise this specific rule affected us and only us right? Every other eligible academy player could be matched after 20. If he was taken in the top 20 then that's fair play, cop it and move on. This metro vs rural indigenous rule that only applied to WA and SA affected only us. If Motlop was a multicultural NGA player rather than inidgenous we would've been able to match. And that rule was only introduced for that one year before they changed to 40+ for matching all bids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back