Recommitted Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera [re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

so Port don't want NWM. Cool, what are Crows offering?
I responded to you as you replied to my comment not because I took exception to anything. I stand by the comment. NWM has done basically nothing. He played in an average team, in a position that is traditionally valued less than almost any other on the ground and threw up 13.5disp a game and kicked 1 goal in 17 games as an outside player. Amon is top 3 in the league over the past 3-5 years and he's apparently only getting middling money at the Hawks (or the AFL completely ****ed us). This is not a criticism of NVM or the Saints it is a statement of fact that he has an immature body that won't be able to play elsewhere (maybe at all, but certainly for several years), plays in a position that is of less value, and will be OOC. I'm calling out the people on here blowing smoke up his and St Kilda's arse. The reality is, if he leaves, he is only going to consider 2 clubs and there might well be a much higher profile player on offer. Meanwhile people are talking about pick 25 for Georgiades in a similar thread. Meanwhile we were told on BF, throughout the media, that we needed to give up a gun player because 8+F1+2nd wasn't enough for JHF. Instead, we offered that and got Rioli thrown in as well. There was actually a serious article midway through 2020 that had Wines+our 1st going to Essendon for Fantasia. I am not talking about NVM in isolation.

Maybe I am still a bit irritated at the pathetic commentary in the media about JHF in the off-season. I have never seen anything like it. Tom Boyd didn't cop anything nearly as bad. Bruhn barely got a mention leaving his club so he could go home (about 1 hour down the road). Contracts should be honored, unless you're Collingwood forcing a club stalwart out or Rory Lobb who had his partner purchase a house in Melbourne to put pressure on Fremantle or North trying to get Hunter Clark to the club. Adelaide were being called petty for taking a crack at the young players leaving them. If you think calling out hypocrisy is childish, well that's up to you but it's not going to stop me.

This is all very early days.

Crows first probably won’t be on the table (top ten pick).
They may also have sights set on other players to also bring in as the club appears to want to hit the go button on trading in established talent.

A combination of 2024 first, Norths 2023 second and GC 2023 second is likely result based on the above.

NWM an interesting player. Think he'd only really be of value if he was going to a contending team in need of some more class players. For a rebuilding club he won't provide much immediate impact, but he'll certainly be a good player in the long run. Think he'd be best staying at the Saints for the time being. Most other clubs in the market are in need of more important pieces than a player with his skillset.

Im Out GIF

My eyes, my poor poor eyes, further discussion NOT on NWM will be a thread ban

think he has the potential to be a top wingman in a few years. smart footballer and a beautiful kick. not sure how much more trading we'll do though after the last couple of years. think st kilda are well within their rights if he doesnt sign to ask for a first rounder. dont think he'll ever be a high possession winner but a damaging one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he can be considered a 'long term project' when he played 17 games in his debut season and established himself as a best 22 player.

In terms of what he would be worth, I think he's worth his original pick of pick 11, particularly if he stays on the same trajectory seen in his first season. I'm sure the Adelaide clubs would play hardball but I also don't think it's an unreasonable asking price.

The one benefit is neither side has a glut of first round picks. I could see Adelaide trying hard to use their 2024 first, seeing we look F/S bound this far out, but even then, that's a high risk call.

If anything, I could see us going the two 2nds route if we are in the picture.

Pre-season games I know but it looked like Ross has given instructions to use NWM on every possible chance they get coming out of the backline. Seems a lock for the best 22 and will be an important part of their team. If he asks for a trade, I think he'd have to be worth what he was drafted for or very close to it, looks a very good player and only 2 years out from his draft

It's looking that way but I don't think we're at the point in the season where I'd confidently say he's gone. Hopefully he stays.

It's four-five months too early for that kind of talk.

All depends on how he gets along with his coach. He can be pretty hard on players, not that it's a bad thing, but if the kid is homesick, Adelaide wants him, and the coach is hard on him, he may pull the pin.
Adelaide would be all over him.
What team did he support growing up?

All depends on how he gets along with his coach. He can be pretty hard on players, not that it's a bad thing, but if the kid is homesick, Adelaide wants him, and the coach is hard on him, he may pull the pin.
Adelaide would be all over him.
What team did he support growing up?
Having a look at his last name I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Port fan

I'd also be surprised if Lyon was the reason for his departure. Been rumoured to be homesick since last year

Kid can play though

I'd also be surprised if Lyon was the reason for his departure. Been rumoured to be homesick since last year

Kid can play tho
The Mileras are generally Crows supporters, so it could be anyone. Wouldn't be surprised if it is Essendon.

Kid can play though
Wayne would disagree with you... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back