Recommitted Nick Bryan [re-signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been one of the best rucks in the VFL this year. Only 3 games in the AFL so far, two of which he's been subbed out.

I think clubs like Brisbane, Carlton, Geelong, North, Port, St Kilda and West Coast should be looking to get him. We used a pick in the early 30's to draft him but he probably hasn't retained that value.

Thought he was definitely one of the Bombers' better performers in a team that got smashed.

Is there no room for him once Draper comes back? Could he be used as a KPF?
They should play him but they favour Phillips.

They should play him but they favour Phillips.
They favour Phillips due to his size, if Bryan played every week his body would be destroyed by the time he's 25.

They favour Phillips due to his size, if Bryan played every week his body would be destroyed by the time he's 25.
He'd be playing second ruck so forgive me if I disagree. He's also turning 22, I don't think his body will be destroyed in 3 years time by sharing the ruck with Draper.

He'd be playing second ruck so forgive me if I disagree. He's also turning 22, I don't think his body will be destroyed in 3 years time by sharing the ruck with Draper.
Yeah my bad, I assumed you wanted him sole ruck over Phillips. Probably a discussion for his personal thread, but to cut it short. I think going forward he should play 2nd ruck, only if they drop Weideman though (in this scenario Draper is fit and healthy)

He'd also be silly not to consider his options if he doesn't start getting more games

I’d take this bloke
We need someone to be the number 1 ruck with Goldy likely gone
He's not yet ready to play #1 ruck, maybe in 2025.
I'd hope with our cap we're offering enough for him to stick it out with us as he hits that age where he'll start to play more.
Flip is fine for now when Draper is down. Come mid '24 onwards, he should be ahead
I really really hope he stays. I think he could be a top of the line ruck. His ruckwork in the VFL is exceptional, and his kicking is (by ruckman standards) exceptional as well. Pretty mobile as well.

I'd think he's the best young ruck going around, he's ready to take the number 1 mantle next year, big upside for probably the price of Grundy, I wonder what clubs will do. I reckon Grundy goes port, that leaves geelong, Sydney, St kilda to chase him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does choose to leave it's hard to see us getting full value for his talent. Honestly wouldn't object to giving him 4 years to take him to free agency.

The media is passing rumours that Phillips is going to retire at the end of the year. If that is the case, you would think that Bryan would see sufficient opportunities for senior games next year to stay (hopefully).

If he does choose to leave it's hard to see us getting full value for his talent. Honestly wouldn't object to giving him 4 years to take him to free agency.
Would have no issue with a 4 year deal. He's going to as a minimum ruck-depth that all teams need. His ceiling is so much higher.

But frankly, I doubt he'd take a 4 year deal as I think he'd back himself to improve enough across the next 2 years to significantly increase his 2025 contract negotiations.

North & Port should take a look, reckon he’s not far away from stepping up to the level. Might just stay at Essendon if Phillips hangs them up, or just back himself to go past next year even if Phillips goes again

North & Port should take a look, reckon he’s not far away from stepping up to the level. Might just stay at Essendon if Phillips hangs them up, or just back himself to go past next year even if Phillips goes again
Rumours suggest Flip will hang them up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back