Recommitted Miles Bergman [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

He could rack up 20 disposals easily if we changed our game plan, slowed everything down and chipped around the back line like so many other teams. But the cost of wanting to win with an attacking, play on gameplan is that it’s working and we’re winning, rather than prioritising a heap of cheap uncontested sideways stats.
This is a fantastic point and what shits me the most in player rankings or comparisons (not just the Bergman conversation). Port are 17th in comp for possessions per game, so every player will average less than their opposition counterparts in the same position.

How does chipping across the backline or giving pointless 1-2 handballs make a player better??

Reminds me of Richmond during their dominant era where barely anyone got 30 touches, where I would've taken 20 from prestia over 30 of alot players racking up junk.

Good player but feel like the price will be too high for us to want to get involved. Where's his best position? Could he be a midfielder longer term? Currently a hbf

Good player but feel like the price will be too high for us to want to get involved. Where's his best position? Could he be a midfielder longer term? Currently a hbf
This is the thing with miles, he has almost been a victim of his own versatility a bit with us. He is very athletic. If clubs are looking at him they will have an idea of where they want him to play. So far this year he has played wing, half forward, half back, key defender and on ball, performing admirably. I personally think long term he is either a wing or mid, but his intercept marking and our undersized defence means that’s where he is at the moment.

You would say he is 100 percent off to St Kilda out of all the teams interested. Offer the best money and opportunity. Id also say if Port were smart theyd smart enough to include back one of the small defenders St Kilda have a oversupply of.

Bloke like Ben Paton would work 1st rounder + Bergman for St KIldas 1st, 2nd rounder and Paton would work as I epxect St Kilda and Port to be 5-6 places apart on the ladder
Why not dougal howard and play him forward for the laughs.

This is the thing with miles, he has almost been a victim of his own versatility a bit with us. He is very athletic. If clubs are looking at him they will have an idea of where they want him to play. So far this year he has played wing, half forward, half back, key defender and on ball, performing admirably. I personally think long term he is either a wing or mid, but his intercept marking and our undersized defence means that’s where he is at the moment.
He hasn't been that good in any of his roles up the field. I would say the shutdown role is where he seems best suited. he suffers a bit of the Cam Rayner symptoms. Inability to really find the ball much when playing up the field. Although admittedly, the wing position can be a tough position. He hasn't shown any inside mid scope. Or at least, its just speculation. I wouldn't mind Bergman, for the right price. But for me, nothing in the first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't been that good in any of his roles up the field. I would say the shutdown role is where he seems best suited. he suffers a bit of the Cam Rayner symptoms. Inability to really find the ball much when playing up the field. Although admittedly, the wing position can be a tough position. He hasn't shown any inside mid scope. Or at least, its just speculation. I wouldn't mind Bergman, for the right price. But for me, nothing in the first round.
That’s fine to think that. I think that his athleticism leads to significant upside in whatever role a team wants to settle him in. Like I said, I think wing/mid is where he ends up in the longer term. Probably not a predominantly inside mid, but has the athleticism to burst away from a stoppage.

The fact his partner has moved to Adelaide to be with him indicates to me that he will more than likely be staying.

Doubt they would make that move if he intended to leave anytime soon.

Mentioned in an article by The Age from a couple days ago gives me the indication the move has been somewhat recent.

Was leaning towards him being more likely to leave however having read that, think he stays now.

View attachment 1715892

Not the slam dunk you thought that was. 76% think it was either fair value or very close to fair value.
Computer says no.
48.2% fair to unders.
51.9% overs.
And this is based on the idea that he can evolve into a forward/ midfielder, which hasn’t happened.
Because no one would be stupid enough to use a top 5 pick on a small forward.

The fact his partner has moved to Adelaide to be with him indicates to me that he will more than likely be staying.

Doubt they would make that move if he intended to leave anytime soon.

Mentioned in an article by The Age from a couple days ago gives me the indication the move has been somewhat recent.

Was leaning towards him being more likely to leave however having read that, think he stays now.
I think she’s keen to come home and he’s gonna follow suit.

I'm only going by what Geelong supporters have been saying and I'm sure they watch him more than us.
Like all key forwards, his goal output is a result of the work and quality of delivery inside fifty.. and we have had 3+ of our starting mids out on a regular basis and have absolutely been getting whooped in there. I wouldn’t blame Cameron for not doing well when the ball is bomb kicked on his head to 15 players inside fifty. Nobody would kick goals like that.

Is Bergman better than Brodie Kemp or does he just have dashingly handsome flowing blonde hair and play for an in form team compared to a team totally in the bin and a shaved brown buzz cut?

Late 20-30 pick imo, not much more than that.

Amazing the interest Bergman is attracting for an 'average player who turns it over'.

A lot of suitors hanging about - funny that.
Almost like footy clubs know more than Bigfooty punters.

Amazing the interest Bergman is attracting for an 'average player who turns it over'.

A lot of suitors hanging about - funny that.
Nah, he is a good player & expect will only get better.

Definitely worth a 1st round pick if he wants to go home... just not a really early or late 1st round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back