Recommitted Miles Bergman [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing the interest Bergman is attracting for an 'average player who turns it over'.

A lot of suitors hanging about - funny that.
Breaking news, former first round pick who is interstate and out of contract has potential suitors.

His turnovers are an issue, but if he manages to reduce the issue then his game is good allround. Nice athleticism, good mark and reads the ball well.
But you can't just turn a blind eye towards the fact that he turns the ball over a lot per possession. I'm unsure if that's poor decision making, poor kicking or something else but the issue exists and will diminish his value to clubs.

I mean he'll probably get coaches votes for the hiding he gave Jeremy Cameron but this clueless post tells me and everyone else here that you 'sure as hell' didn't even watch the game.
He got 0 coaches votes which shows you overrated his performance.

Bergman will have trade interest simply because he was a first round pick and potentially wants to leave but it'll be based on potential and not on what he has shown. He hasn't flourished in any position and hasn't broken out.

Interesting proposition, but doubt MG would go east. How about Bergman and Bonner?
ill i feel sick GIF

I'd read that Georgie could be interested in a move to Vic, but that was pre-injury, so who knows!

You have got to stop winning games first

Nah, the later in the round our 2024 pick is, the better :p (2024 pick btw, not this year's)

Being underrated, plays mid, back and forward, wins contests, great kick. Just a kid and will get better.

That's the blond Port kid yeah?
He is and if you read this thread long enough you’ll come to the conclusion it’s a miracle of physics if he can connect the ball with his boot his disposal efficiency is so poor

So that’s why he should go back to Victoria for a pat on the back in exchange

He is and if you read this thread long enough you’ll come to the conclusion it’s a miracle of physics if he can connect the ball with his boot his disposal efficiency is so poor

So that’s why he should go back to Victoria for a pat on the back in exchange

I think you missed my joke.

Anyway, good young defender. Posters that want a player on here will always talk them down, then reverse their opinion once a trade happens.

He got 0 coaches votes which shows you overrated his performance.

Bergman will have trade interest simply because he was a first round pick and potentially wants to leave but it'll be based on potential and not on what he has shown. He hasn't flourished in any position and hasn't broken out.

Not sure what the relevance is to the fact your original post was embarrassing, and exposed that you didn't even watch the game by referring to his possession count when he played a shutdown role on the best key forward in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Champion Data, Bergman is not in the top 200 players in the AFL, and has the second worst disposal in the AFL.
Oof.
Lucky the crows aren’t trading for him then 👍

Is this the same Champion data stats that doesn’t have Zac Butters in the best 23 because well I think there might be a problem there …

According to Champion Data, Bergman is not in the top 200 players in the AFL, and has the second worst disposal in the AFL.
Oof.
Not being in the top 200 isnt overly surprising. Hes a 21 year old in his first uninterrupted season of AFL. Clubs would be recruiting him largely based on potential. Although i would be interested to hear how Champion Data ranked his game against the Cats?

Can someone summarise for me please? Who or what is a Miles Bergman? Age, type of player? What is his value in terms of $ and years (or range if it's disputed)? What clubs would be most interested, does he actually want to leave, or is Jon Ralph just doing Jon Ralph things?

Can someone summarise for me please? Who or what is a Miles Bergman? Age, type of player? What is his value in terms of $ and years (or range if it's disputed)? What clubs would be most interested, does he actually want to leave, or is Jon Ralph just doing Jon Ralph things?
Miles Bergman, 21yr old utility player that was a first round pick. I think more likely to go than to stay. His value depends on who you ask. I think he'll probably get offered around 600k but I think his worth is around 450k. I've heard essendon and stkilda are keen.
Pros: Athleticism, defensive mindset, scope for improvement after injury history, Long kick (albeit, a poor kick)
Negatives: Inability to impact games offensively, ball use, inability to find the ball and goes missing for long stretches within games.
Average: Cleanliness below his knees.

Bulldogs, Essendon, Hawks, Saints seem to be the most keen on him.

I think if Redman leaves Essendon for The Crows, if you get band 1 compo for him, that pick would get the deal done (I would assume) if we wanted to join your club.

Port may have throw in a 3rd round or so later pick back (just spitballing here)

I am guessing he would probably get a 5 year deal at his club around 600-650 K ish at his new club.

Seems to me that Essendon or The Dogs are the clubs most likely to get a deal done (Melbourne too with their FRP from Freo this season, but I don't believe the Dees are keen on him AFAIK)

21/22 year drafted as a wing slash forward.

Spent time in the wing earlier in the year but was moved to the back line where he seems to have found a home.

189cm, very good defensively, good intercept mark for his size. Strong in the contest and hard to beat one on one.

Doesn’t get a lot of footy offensively and his disposal lets him down.

Also, looks like JHF.

Port Adelaide Power rising star Miles Bergman heads home to Melbourne as he weighs up AFL future

“He is averaging a career-most 2.2 intercept marks, which ranks second behind Aliir Aliir at the Power and ninth among general defenders in the competition. Port Adelaide have scored more points (63) from Bergman’s intercepts than any other player.”

This thread is almost as funny as the jhf/ Rioli thread with oppo supporters telling us we would need to give up mg/ Rozee etc to get him

Nobody disputes his intercept numbers, they are Ridley level good.

The problem is he tries to bite off more than he can chew and turns the ball over every 3 times he gets it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back