Recommitted Ash Johnson [signs 2 year deal to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Youd think both WA clubs are offering a bit to return

Guaranteed best 22 spot and home with probably a few extra pennies

His mananger did say hed open up talks over the bye with the club and sounded pretty likely to be staying but it was a bit of beating around the bush. I think hed be waiting to see what the club does and where he fits once Mcstay is fit

Youd think both WA clubs are offering a bit to return

Guaranteed best 22 spot and home with probably a few extra pennies

His mananger did say hed open up talks over the bye with the club and sounded pretty likely to be staying but it was a bit of beating around the bush. I think hed be waiting to see what the club does and where he fits once Mcstay is fit
Yeah it seems McStay and Johnson are playing for the 1 spot

McStay has a long term deal so could see Johnson looking elsewhere

Lol, you don't think West Coast need quality players?

Would be a good get from any side needing a forward.

I honestly don't think Collingwood would be too fussed if he wanted a trade. A token pick in the 60s range is about the return they should reasonably expect.

I didn't say that did I?
We've got Oscar Allen, Darling and Maric.

Another forward isn't our priority.

Fremantle on the other hand have only Amiss up forward.
Darling hasn't got many years left.
Maric is an unknown.
Allen is your only gun key forward.

Think you forgot about Jackson.

You are kidding yourself if you think West Coast should be seeking out all the quality players they can find!

Maric is an unknown.

You are kidding yourself if you think West Coast should be seeking out all the quality players they can find!
I'm not in denial about whether we're at.
Forgot Waterman for us and Jackson for Freo.

The point I was trying to make, was that Freo probably need a key forward more than we do at the moment.

I'd love to get him.
The way we're going I'd even take Peter Sumich.

I honestly don't think Collingwood would be too fussed if he wanted a trade. A token pick in the 60s range is about the return they should reasonably expect.
Reckon they may push for a pick around mid 40's.

I'm not in denial about whether we're at.
Forgot Waterman for us and Jackson for Freo.

The point I was trying to make, was that Freo probably need a key forward more than we do at the moment.

I'd love to get him.
The way we're going I'd even take Peter Sumich.
Both WA sides need forwards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maric is an unknown.

They have Taberner also who is currently injured

You want a bet that if hes traded, the equation of trade capital is better than pick 60s?

Whoever loses, cant post on BF for 6 months?

Better players have been traded for less.

If he was any good, Collingwood probably would have signed him up already.

And no, I am not going to bother with your stupid bet.

He will be 26 next year.

Clubs like Freo or West Coast are much better off hitting the draft than wasting any decent pick(s) on him (Eagles have enough list cloggers/battlers on their books)

Didnt think so

It's not Bay 13 here.

You obviously rate him higher then I do l, fine.
I don't think he is worth more than I value him, especially in this year's draft.

It I am wrong, I'll put my hand up and admit it. Time will tell. It always does

It's not Bay 13 here.

You obviously rate him higher then I do l, fine.
I don't think he is worth more than I value him, especially in this year's draft.

It I am wrong, I'll put my hand up and admit it. Time will tell. It always does
Have you found in past experiences that youve had to put the hand up a fair bit?

Have you found in past experiences that youve had to put the hand up a fair bit?

Sometimes, not as much as you think.

Back on topic, aa others have said, just because he is from WA doesn't mean that he will go back there if he leaves the Pies, Freo have got enough young forward types (Treacy will be a solid player in time) and the Eagles have no business wasting draft capital on a 25 year old, they just need to keep hitting the draft hard with as many kids as they can.

Maybe Port Adelaide (with Dixon's decline) is an option ?

I doubt they would give away anything more than a 3rd rounder though, given they are not in the first round this year..

Sometimes, not as much as you think.

Back on topic, aa others have said, just because he is from WA doesn't mean that he will go back there if he leaves the Pies, Freo have got enough young forward types (Treacy will be a solid player in time) and the Eagles have no business wasting draft capital on a 25 year old, they just need to keep hitting the draft hard with as many kids as they can.

Maybe Port Adelaide (with Dixon's decline) is an option ?

I doubt they would give away anything more than a 3rd rounder though, given they are not in the first round this year..
Pick 60 isnt draft capital though?

Port have a tonne of quality tall forwards

Pick 60 isnt draft capital though?

Port have a tonne of quality tall forwards

Georgiades is likely on the move from all reports and Dixon is cooked.

Marshall is a gun, but not sure if they have many other good KPFs going around, esp as they are in the flag window..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back