Recommitted Todd Marshall [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see it 100% as a KPD

As a forward makes me wonder, why
Why? He’s only ever been a forward at afl level. And proven to be a very good one (albeit with scope for improvement)

It still remains to be seen whether he’s any good in defence at AFL level.

I doubt Sydney would have made the offer they did for an unproven defender.

Why? He’s only ever been a forward at afl level. And proven to be a very good one (albeit with scope for improvement)

He meant Aaron naughton not Marshall.

he is competent, yes

Correct, he only played a year down back.
How would anyone know

its all in the eyes of the beholder Ethan. We have gone over this in other threads. You think he's a star. I do not.

agreeing and moving on
Yes. We know that you're blinkered in this regard.

Only because North have already had plenty of other handouts both this year and last year. If North finished top 6 this year (like Port should next year), no one would have battered an eyelid had they got band 1/pick ~15ish for McKay. But because they ended up with pick 2, pick 3, plus the extra later picks it left a bad taste in every opposition supports mouth, mine included.

This season's bonus picks for North were maybe a bit much i would admit, but those ''handouts' last year had to be traded for Darcy Tucker and Griffin Logue, hardly world beaters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C+ to B player at very best. Might win you a final, not capable of dominating a finals campaign. 500-600k value imo

Charlie Dixon gets pushed end of the year, no question at all.

Lord, Georgiades, Marshall arfetr that. Thats paper thin. His management are in a great position to get Port to stump up overs.

Those players you mentioned are all on long term deals which means their wages are spread out.

Richmond could easily afford Marshall or imo their main target Ben King.
This makes no sense.

Lynch and Martin were long-term deals but were massively back ended. So was Prestia and presumably Vlastuin.

With so much money going to those 4 last year and this year the Tigers couldn't have signed guys like Bolton, Taranto and Hopper without back ending their contracts. So the big money for Lynch, Martin, etc will be replaced by big money owed to Taranto, Bolton, etc.

So where does the cap space come from? My guess is they have less space than most clubs to chase targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back