Recommitted Jack Silvagni [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Could see him going to Richmond. Playing Dusty and Cotchin up forward. Both of those guys will be gone in 6-18 months.

Ruck role has killed him. Also his role in the blues losing Caminiti after he blabbed to his dad has him on the out. Cops stick but is a decent linkman who can take a grab and is a hard nut 100 percenter king.

His dad wants him, Ross backs his Dad, I’m tipping St.Kilda’s pick 33-37 for JSOS and our pick 60 this year. That pick 33-37 would be moved for a similar pick next year to bank for the Campo twins.

I don’t want to see him go but we have broken him, and as I said after the Caminiti affair he is in the bad books. He can play has had multiple clubs after him each of the last few years. Just hope he never gets to 100 games for you.

As well as that, I’m very sure TDK wants out, Sydney trying very hard to convince Papley to stay and are offering the biggest financial deal to him. I’d be happy with TDK plus our first for Papley and their first assuming they surely finish higher.

Hes a UFA saints will just take him for nothing.

Has crack week in week out. Reckon he’d be a player that could stand up in finals given his work rate.

Interested to know what Carlton supporters view his best position as.

Has crack week in week out. Reckon he’d be a player that could stand up in finals given his work rate.

Interested to know what Carlton supporters view his best position as.
third tall forward.

incredible workrate, average mark, average to poor goal conversion.

has a place and is capable of great stuff but will occasionally frustrate with misses and dropped marks. In part because he gives everything in contests, may be cooked when he gets the option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Carlton offer him a 2 year fringe wage contract. 25 year old talls can improve a lot still and he's far from their biggest issue.

I don't really understand why they persist with McGovern rather than try Silvagni in defence.
Agreed! Has the workrate to be a great defender IMO.

He's been lucky to be playing at a relatively weak team

Doesn't impact enough

Putting so many games into this type of player is another reason why Carlton have struggled for the last 6 years

Could see him going to Richmond. Playing Dusty and Cotchin up forward. Both of those guys will be gone in 6-18 months.
Was just coming to say the same. He would be a great gap filler for us and has far less competition for spots.

Would love him as a cheap role player at the Giants. 4th round pick and 2 year deal. I am sure his Dad still has a place up in Sydney he can live in

Worked his way into form then injured

Is he due back soon?
Jarred knee - return date unknown (which means could be next week or might not play again this season).

Word on our board was that the club was sorting TDK (signed today) and that Jsos and Cuningham were next contracts to be worked on in the coming week.

Jarred knee - return date unknown (which means could be next week or might not play again this season).

Word on our board was that the club was sorting TDK (signed today) and that Jsos and Cuningham were next contracts to be worked on in the coming week.
Ironically I would have said if TDK left it would increase his chance of staying

Now with TDK signing and McKay pittonet and curnow all signed long term I reckon Silvagni goes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back