Recommitted Matt Crouch [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the team and 32 touches last night at 91% disposal efficiency

Still only 28 so if a club wants a accumulator mid for free look then this bloke as an unrestricted free agent could be value
100% gets a gig elsewhere. Would be a good pickup for the Lions I think where Ashcroft is probably out for the year next year and Jarrod Lyons is finished

I actually like him at Port. Boak done. Wines cooked. He can play inside and give to Butters Roezee and JHF. Or maybe Geelong so Danger can play fwd more.

Wouldn’t mind Eagles picking him up considering it doesn’t cost us any picks and he could actually be a good foil for Kelly. Allows us to play Yeo back (god knows we need help back there) and a kid through the middle with an experienced pair.

He can get the footy. If Crouch has the ball in his hands, yes it isn’t going anywhere our way fast but at least it won’t come in lot our defence at breakneck speed like it does now. Could help stem the bleed a little.

I can really see Geelong as one of the best spots for him tbh, midfield definitely needs some work there, even though id like the Eagles to enquire
Yep I agree.. iv been keen on Crouch for Geelong for a while now.. As the likely of Parish staying at Essendon is likely. Our biggest hole is mids from age 25-30 ( only having Atkins and Parfitt but Parfitt is in the outer) as we have good young prospects under the age 22
Crouch still only 28. Give him a 2 year contract, with a clause in there for a 3rd if reaches so many games

I can really see Geelong as one of the best spots for him tbh, midfield definitely needs some work there, even though id like the Eagles to enquire

We certainly need mid aged mids so he would be a good fit for cheap.

Yeah I've been pretty critical of suggestions that Matt Crouch would be a good pick up for us but it actually does kind of fit. If he can get it into the hands of some of the players we have that can do something with it then it's worth a shot

Think there will be a number of suitors. Has limitations but clearly can still play.

North would be mad not to chase him.
There is no way North should get a priority pick of a young midfielder from Tassie while they can pick up Crouch for free with a good length contract.

Adelaide has been pushing him to change his game for two years, starting to see the benefit of this to his game now, for those concerned about his ability to damage.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he now sees a future at the Crows having improved his game.

His partner would very much like to remain in Adelaide.

Crows can't afford to lose their mid age players given lack of experience.

Who said I was talking about 2017?

Have you watched him the past few years?

He has remodelled his game for the current game style.

he was dropped just last year so i'm not sure what you mean, anyway i think he has always been a great player and very handy for a team like the cats

he was dropped just last year so i'm not sure what you mean, anyway i think he has always been a great player and very handy for a team like the cats
If he was dropped many times & not playing regular football, do you think he needs to improve his game to back playing regularly in the side?

Surely it's really not a hard concept to understand!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back