Recommitted Jack Silvagni [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't he tell the kangaroo players they played for a s**t club once upon a time

Yes but 1) he wasn’t wrong and 2) it’s just a sledge.

Wouldn’t mind him as UFA just for 3 years to be a stopgap role player in a variety of positions but would be low money and because he costs no pick. He’s 18-25th tier, not as bad as most make out. His 2022 was not that dissimilar to the likes of Sam Reid and Jake Waterman, and stats wise he comfortably outperformed depth/young players like Elliott Himmelberg, Hayden McLean, and Sam Weideman.

All in all his name and his club while it gave him more chances he may otherwise not have gotten, now mean he’s more harshly marked by opposition fans.

Jack is nowhere near as bad a footballer as many seem to think.

Marked very harshly due to the surname - he's nowhere near his father or grandfather - but a very capable role player, and a very smart one too.

Not sure he'll be at Carlton next year, but clubs down the bottom of the ladder looking for a mature role player could do a lot worse.

Jack is nowhere near as bad a footballer as many seem to think.

Marked very harshly due to the surname - he's nowhere near his father or grandfather - but a very capable role player, and a very smart one too.

Not sure he'll be at Carlton next year, but clubs down the bottom of the ladder looking for a mature role player could do a lot worse.
If he can play ok in defence Swans could sign him up, especially if they don't get Himmelberg or Esava.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 25? Feels like he has been around for a lot longer.

I reckon he should explore his options. Go to a team that isn't under the spotlight as much as the Blues. Might be good for him.

josh schache, ryan gardner,cordy,sam day, finlayson quite a few around
Finlayson? Are you high? Belongs nowhere near that list.

I’ll give you Schache, Silvagni isn’t much better though.

Day is better than Silvagni, Gardner and Cordy are both spuds, but I’d take both over Jack.

Ruck role has killed him. Also his role in the blues losing Caminiti after he blabbed to his dad has him on the out. Cops stick but is a decent linkman who can take a grab and is a hard nut 100 percenter king.

His dad wants him, Ross backs his Dad, I’m tipping St.Kilda’s pick 33-37 for JSOS and our pick 60 this year. That pick 33-37 would be moved for a similar pick next year to bank for the Campo twins.

I don’t want to see him go but we have broken him, and as I said after the Caminiti affair he is in the bad books. He can play has had multiple clubs after him each of the last few years. Just hope he never gets to 100 games for you.

As well as that, I’m very sure TDK wants out, Sydney trying very hard to convince Papley to stay and are offering the biggest financial deal to him. I’d be happy with TDK plus our first for Papley and their first assuming they surely finish higher.

Ruck role has killed him. Also his role in the blues losing Caminiti after he blabbed to his dad has him on the out. Cops stick but is a decent linkman who can take a grab and is a hard nut 100 percenter king.

His dad wants him, Ross backs his Dad, I’m tipping St.Kilda’s pick 33-37 for JSOS and our pick 60 this year. That pick 33-37 would be moved for a similar pick next year to bank for the Campo twins.

I don’t want to see him go but we have broken him, and as I said after the Caminiti affair he is in the bad books. He can play has had multiple clubs after him each of the last few years. Just hope he never gets to 100 games for you.

As well as that, I’m very sure TDK wants out, Sydney trying very hard to convince Papley to stay and are offering the biggest financial deal to him. I’d be happy with TDK plus our first for Papley and their first assuming they surely finish higher.
He is an unrestricted free agent

Even so, he's not getting Carlton a 2nd rounder

Definitely not a top liner and the ruck role has killed him at Carlton but the amount of times he gets burned so Carlton can bomb it long to Curnow/McKay is criminal. Like most players at Carlton, will do better in a better system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back