Recommitted Lachie Ash [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no offer on the table as yet. His side parked talks till now, a few others did the same which is understandable with a fresh coach and uncertainty around playing roles. I don't think we will overpay, Whitfield is signed till end of 2027 and Wehr, Cumming, Fahey, Hamilton can all play a similar role. I think Ash and Himmelberg will both get better offers to play elsewhere, up to them if they take them.

Definitely the type that we would give up our first this year for - country Vic boy, speed, tough and huge upside to play multiple positions.

Not sure if that would be enough, but he ticks a lot of boxes, and is a sure thing compared to the speculation of the draft.

Definitely the type that we would give up our first this year for - country Vic boy, speed, tough and huge upside to play multiple positions.

Not sure if that would be enough, but he ticks a lot of boxes, and is a sure thing compared to the speculation of the draft.
Shepparton? Close enough.

Bring the boy home

Hawthorn should be all over this kid with their war chest, however it does seem like their first round pick this year is slight overs.

Financially/cap space speaking they would blow any other Vic clubs offer out of the water.

I think we need less half back flankers not more.

That being said I've always rated Ash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash is improving as the season progresses. If he does leave we have Fahey to come straight in. Similar type, very similar running capacity… Lachie a bit stronger body.. Josh a better kick and user.

Ash > Geelong
Ratugolea > Port Adelaide
Geelong's FRP and Port's 3RP > GWS

Seems reasonable to me.
We'd probably get a late 2nd alone for Ratugolea without giving up a first as well. We'd need something coming back.

Pick between 10-15 seems about right for Ash.

Would give GWS a very compelling package for Reid but if I were them I'd be trying to keep Ash.

Would give GWS a very compelling package for Reid but if I were them I'd be trying to keep Ash.

Giants apparently have lost interest in trying to trade up for Reid (flight risk reasons allegedly)

There’s an argument that he’s the exact type of player North needs, because we won’t become consistently competitive until we have reliable alternatives to Sheezel on the rebound.

If we gave GWS ports first (or perhaps a hypothetical band 2 McKay compo pick) for him, they’d have the draft ammo they need to convince WC, surely.

Last edited:
There’s an argument that he’s the exact type of player North needs, because we won’t become consistently competitive until we have reliable alternatives to Sheezel on the rebound.

If we gave GWS ports first (or perhaps a hypothetical band 2 McKay compo pick for him), they’d have the draft ammo they need to convince WC, surely.
Well the biggest hinderance to GWS is that they don't currently have a pick likely to get them to Curtin if a trade did happen. Would have to be a top 4 pick at the latest given how highly Curtin's rated.

I love what GWS is building atm though, wouldn't be going anywhere if I were Ash but then again I don't get to see what sort of $$$ is written on the chequebooks

Ash > Geelong
Ratugolea > Port Adelaide
Geelong's FRP and Port's 3RP > GWS

Seems reasonable to me.

Rata would cost more than a r3 port will probably need to find a mid-late r2 (from other trades). I imagine we will want to trade that pick and our current r1 for ash and keep our future 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back