Recommitted Noah Balta [signs 2 year deal to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you go the monster contract now or wait until free agency. There would be a few teams very much into him, i reckon we need to get him locked away soon with Grimes and Tarrant coming closer to the end of there careers

Wouldn't get one from us (Carlton)
Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Was shifted around last year and I don't think it served him all that well.

This year playing key back he is showing what he can do. Would think Richmond would be dead keen to get his signature.
Yeah key back is better for him especially as I don’t think his goal kicking is that flash

Has serious athleticism to close speed then jump and spoil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't signed yet
Ah right, was reported for 2 years, but it was probably just that he's expected to sign for 2.
It's probably just a formality now, once it gets to this stage and the media raise it, a deal is usually very close to be announced

Do you go the monster contract now or wait until free agency. There would be a few teams very much into him, i reckon we need to get him locked away soon with Grimes and Tarrant coming closer to the end of there careers
The form has been terrible so the longer he waits the less he will probably get.

Had a shocker the other night but very good otherwise.
I'm still not sold on him as our main key defender, he seems to make a lot crucial errors at important times.

Clearly when he plays his best footy he looks like one of the better key defenders in the comp but it's those big mistakes he need improve on he has a big kick on him he needs to use it more imo.

Last edited:
I'm still not sold on him as our main key defender, he seems to make a lot crucial errors at important times.

Clearly when he plays his best footy he looks like one of the better key defenders in the comp but it's though big mistakes he need improve on he has been kick on him he needs to use it more imo.
Yeah very Rance like. Needs to take the first option.

Yeah very Rance like. Needs to take the first option.
I don't think he is anywhere near Rance level & doubt he will reach it Ik he is still young; I think people underestimate how smart of player Rance was he even a good tackler. he always was sure of himself about what to do when it came to spoil when to take a mark.
Yeah, he made mistakes like any defender, but he was so consistent even if did make a little error he would make up for it.

When I watch Balta play i feel he is a player not quite 100% sure of what to do in situations & usually continues to have a bad game.
Like versus the Crows against Taylor Walker, you could swear you watching one of the best key defenders in the game. like he needs bridge the gap between best games & average-worst games. needs to become more consistent.

I don't think he is anywhere near Rance level & doubt he will reach it Ik he is still young; I think people underestimate how smart of player Rance was he even a good tackler. he always was sure of himself about what to do when it came to spoil when to take a mark.
Yeah, he made mistakes like any defender, but he was so consistent even if did make a little error he would make up for it.

When I watch Balta play i feel he is a player not quite 100% sure of what to do in situations & usually continues to have a bad game.
Like versus the Crows against Taylor Walker, you could swear you watching one of the best key defenders in the game. like he needs bridge the gap between best games & average-worst games. needs to become more consistent.
Rances worst was worse than baltas worst. He was a full on gumby at times in his first few years. Always a great athlete but looked like he had no idea early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back