Recommitted Miles Bergman [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

A collective sigh of relief from a few Victorian club supporters I think.
Nah, Port have done well to hang on to Bergman who will only get better imo... given all the talk he may go back.

Nah, Port have done well to hang on to Bergman who will only get better imo... given all the talk he may go back.

I personally am always happy to see players drafted interstate (to whatever club) stick fat with their club, especially first round picks.

Miles Bergman, 21yr old utility player that was a first round pick. I think more likely to go than to stay. His value depends on who you ask. I think he'll probably get offered around 600k but I think his worth is around 450k. I've heard essendon and stkilda are keen.
Pros: Athleticism, defensive mindset, scope for improvement after injury history, Long kick (albeit, a poor kick)
Negatives: Inability to impact games offensively, ball use, inability to find the ball and goes missing for long stretches within games.
Average: Cleanliness below his knees.

Fair bit of Clayton Oliver in that summary.

Bergman is a back flanker, we have an abundance of them, georgiades was in poor form and has just done an acl, who knows how he comes back from it. We’ll still be the youngest team in the league next year, it would be a miracle if we end up with a pick outside the top 10. Bergmans a decent player but not what we need so i wouldn’t waste draft capital on him and georgiades would be worth a pick 30+

Someone's still salty at the Wingard trade.

No doubt we got pantsed in the wingard trade, I’d like for that to not happen again. If we handed over a top 5 pick for Bergman and georgiades I’d spew up

I'd be furious if we gave away those 2 for a top 5 pick. Both going to be super players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pro
Nobody disputes his intercept numbers, they are Ridley level good.

The problem is he tries to bite off more than he can chew and turns the ball over every 3 times he gets it.
Probably something to do with our aggressive game style.

I’m sure he would have been just fine with chipping it around the d50 for another team.

Your retort based on zero evidence is equally amusing 👍

"It's understood Collingwood had shown the most significant interest in Bergman among Victorian clubs, while St Kilda and a handful of others had also put forward compelling offers to the talented 21-year-old."

He's just staying to confuse every commentator who is who between him and JHF.

season 6 legs GIF

"It's understood Collingwood had shown the most significant interest in Bergman among Victorian clubs, while St Kilda and a handful of others had also put forward compelling offers to the talented 21-year-old."
McRae must be a terrible coach wanting Bergman.

Doesn't he read BigFooty?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back