Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I use only essential oils to smell good. Just a few drops...rub it between hands, on clothes.

It was about 5 years ago when I started to learn/realise that most of the stuff we put on our bodies can be quite toxic, and that also extends to most cleaning products, too... Piss it all off. And defo do not use fly/bug spray...Like I've said before, "what harms and or kills one living organism will kill and or harm all living organisms.

Read the ingredients of the things that u are putting on ur bodies and realise that it all generally gets absorbed, just as the nicotine on a nicotine patch does.

And if I could recommend one thing (that all men will agree with), women should leave the bra off as much as possible, cause they restrict the lymphatic flow.
What you've said before is just factually false, and not at all based in science

So let's see, your solution is "don't put any product on it ever" so she just forgoes sunscreen, deodorant, soap, shaving
Or, as she chose, have the infected area cleaned and a small amount removed, and she is able to use these products

Hmmm. What a tough decision. I'd rather the minor surgery over the increased risk of skin cancer.

What you've said before is just factually false, and not at all based in science

So let's see, your solution is "don't put any product on it ever" so she just forgoes sunscreen, deodorant, soap, shaving
Or, as she chose, have the infected area cleaned and a small amount removed, and she is able to use these products

Hmmm. What a tough decision. I'd rather the minor surgery over the increased risk of skin cancer.
Just suggesting hitting the natural products, whether it be for shaving, moisturiser, etc (Cocoa butter is the go to for me for moisturiser, especially if a tad over done in the sun)... Look into it, nothing to lose...
I mean, tanning is totally natural and should happen every hot season, but u need to build a tolerance through continual exposure, so u build a natural defence. You can't just come out in the middle of summer without a top for an hr or so. u get fried!!

And get the missus into essential oils, some great blends out there that small really good.

Just suggesting hitting the natural products, whether it be for shaving, moisturiser, etc (Cocoa butter is the go to for me for moisturiser, especially if a tad over done in the sun)... Look into it, nothing to lose...
I mean, tanning is totally natural and should happen every hot season, but u need to build a tolerance through continual exposure, so u build a natural defence. You can't just come out in the middle of summer without a top for an hr or so. u get fried!!

And get the missus into essential oils, some great blends out there that small really good.
You realise I already said she tried natural products? Cocoa butter is a mainstream natural product now, I don't know a woman who doesn't use it

And there is absolutely zero science to support your tanning assertion. In fact the evidence says the opposite. You don't build up a tolerance to skin cancer through tanning. There is genetic traits that help prevent it but what you've posted is pseudo science anti vaxx garbage.

"Hey guys. Start off smoking one cigarette a day so you build a tolerance. Then you can increase without getting lung cancer"

I'm so glad I didn't follow through with medicine...the Internet has destroyed it.

You realise I already said she tried natural products? Cocoa butter is a mainstream natural product now, I don't know a woman who doesn't use it

And there is absolutely zero science to support your tanning assertion. In fact the evidence says the opposite. You don't build up a tolerance to skin cancer through tanning. There is genetic traits that help prevent it but what you've posted is pseudo science anti vaxx garbage.

"Hey guys. Start off smoking one cigarette a day so you build a tolerance. Then you can increase without getting lung cancer"

I'm so glad I didn't follow through with medicine...the Internet has destroyed it.
WOW!

Is building up a natural skin protection to the sun natural?? Have humans done it forever??

Is breathing toxic chemicals from todays cigarettes natural??

Is the sun natural??

it's a poor comparison.

WOW!

Is building up a natural skin protection to the sun natural?? Have humans done it forever??

Is breathing toxic chemicals from todays cigarettes natural??

Is the sun natural??
No, it's not natural, it's non existent. There is literally zero science to do it, any build up in "natural skin protection" is done across generations and based on locale (hence I said its genetic)

So you're saying we can only build up tolerance to natural things, but also seem to be implying that natural can't be harmful. Why don't you try eating almonds and apricots, and see how long it takes you to become resistant to a lethal dose of cyanide then? I mean it's natural after all

I'd love to see any sort of science showing your claims that tanning builds up a resistance to skin cancer (especially since you claimed my partner should do it with 0 sunscreen)

But as we've seen in the past, there will be no science behind it.

You seem to keep ignoring the anti vaxx question, your attitude and that fact are leading me to believe you're anti vaxx

No, it's not natural, it's non existent. There is literally zero science to do it, any build up in "natural skin protection" is done across generations and based on locale (hence I said its genetic)

So you're saying we can only build up tolerance to natural things, but also seem to be implying that natural can't be harmful. Why don't you try eating almonds and apricots, and see how long it takes you to become resistant to a lethal dose of cyanide then? I mean it's natural after all
So apricots and almonds are bad for us now?

Also there's organic natural tobacco that you can smoke. Try it. I'm sure you'll build a tolerance to lung and mouth cancer

thats what you discerned from that

I now see why no one here takes you seriously

(In case you can't figure it out the point was that just because something is natural doesn't mean you can build a tolerance to a harmful amount.)

"To get a tan, you have to get a level of UV exposure that creates a biological change in your skin. And that by nature will increase your skin cancer risk."

Direct quote from an Australian cancer leading researcher

Now I get why you're the only person ever banned here, this is little graham levels of stupid

I'd love to see any sort of science showing your claims that tanning builds up a resistance to skin cancer (especially since you claimed my partner should do it with 0 sunscreen)

But as we've seen in the past, there will be no science behind it.

You seem to keep ignoring the anti vaxx question, your attitude and that fact are leading me to believe you're anti vaxx
I'm not one for the vax s**t. I would have answered sooner, but I thought it would be an obv answer.

Last edited:
"To get a tan, you have to get a level of UV exposure that creates a biological change in your skin. And that by nature will increase your skin cancer risk."

Direct quote from an Australian cancer leading researcher

Now I get why you're the only person ever banned here, this is little graham levels of stupid
I'm not the only person ever banned here. Yeah, I have been banned, but oh well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not one for the vax s**t. I would have answered sooner, but I thought it would be an obv answer.
You're not for vax s**t? So you're anti vax?
I'm not the only person ever banned here. Yeah, I have been banned, but oh well.
Only one I've seen. It's because you make ridiculous (and dangerous) points that you have no support for, then just continually repeat.

You also seem to barely read what the other persons said

Pre-domestication almonds were toxic to humans, wild almonds still are (contains amygdalin converts to hydrogen cyanide when eaten).

Whatever...
So you can't provide any evidence for your claims? And you have no response that your suggestion was something that I already said was tried?

You're like a petulant child.

This is how u get treated for trying to help a person... Do whatever the hell u want to... Im done with u...
How were you trying to help? She's already had the procedure, and has had no further infection. I said that. You came in and said you would've "tried to heal her" instead of surgery, then when asked on how you would heal her gave some vague answer, and promoted increasing her risk of skin cancer

You're helping noone, and frankly your posts are barely even relating to the original topic. You just seem to make outlandish claims constantly, then whinge when people call you out for having no evidence to support it.

'Help'.

I find it so hard not to intrude on these discussions.

You know what else is natural and organic? Cyanide, Polio, Lava, great white sharks. Nature and natural s**t will ******* KILL you.
And as human history also dictates - so does infection. Get that s**t fixed by a ******* doctor, not a snake oil salesman.

/rant.

'Help'.

I find it so hard not to intrude on these discussions.

You know what else is natural and organic? Cyanide, Polio, Lava, great white sharks. Nature and natural s**t will ******* KILL you.
And as human history also dictates - so does infection. Get that s**t fixed by a ******* doctor, not a snake oil salesman.

/rant.
Thank you.

She saw a snake oil naturopath, made it worse.

But nah, she should have tried *in cocoa butter, that's why she got admitted into the ER and was in surgery within 12 hours :drunk:

Something I thought some on these boards might be interested in

Former IAAF athlete Colin McCourt has created a vlog of his efforts to go from a diabolically unfit 94kg down to a sub 16 minute 5km (3:12 min/km)

https://www.instagram.com/colinmccourt/

He'll ******* wreck his knees if he does too much running at his current weight, he's 8 days in at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back