Rumour Harley Bennell

Remove this Banner Ad

No they don't and that's the problem. Increasing the penalty has done absolutely nothing to slow down drug trafficking
As soon as you make something illegal you create a new wave of criminals, if it doesn't harm others then I see no reason for the Government to be involved.

This thread is so stupid your insinuating that he failed a drug test and the AFL covered it up. Doesnt ASADA/WADA Conduct these tests? They would not tip of the AFL and allow them to keep it under covers! ASADA couldn't give a stuff about the integrity of the AFL

This thread is so stupid your insinuating that he failed a drug test and the AFL covered it up. Doesnt ASADA/WADA Conduct these tests? They would not tip of the AFL and allow them to keep it under covers! ASADA couldn't give a stuff about the integrity of the AFL

ASADA/WADA dont do tests for recreational drugs outside of match days, only the AFL does.

Are you sure about that? I thought athletes under WADA had to download a app on there phone so they could be tracked at all times and tested at random even out of competition

That's for ASADA who test year round for performance enhancing drugs, whether in or out of competition. Out of competition illicit substances are tested via the AFL's three strike system, which is independent of ASADA.

That's for ASADA who test year round for performance enhancing drugs, whether in or out of competition. Out of competition illicit substances are tested via the AFL's three strike system, which is independent of ASADA.
So if a player was tested by ASADA and failed for coke he would be punished under the AFL 3 strikes system

So if a player was tested by ASADA and failed for coke he would be punished under the AFL 3 strikes system
No. Have a read of the post that you quoted.

Edit...sorry if that was a bit rude.

AFL's out of competition testing for illicit substances is outside of WADA/ASADA. ASADA only test for illicit substances on match day, and that's when penalties come into play according to them.

The AFL introduced this 3 strikes rubbish as a distraction imo. Deliberately complicating matters and to seem as they are tough on cheats. I reckon they knew PED's were a massive problem when they introduced it, and considered illicit drugs the lesser of two evils, so in line with the Demetriou era, they went with what they thought would look good.

A massive failure all round.

Last edited:

Not quite, ASADA will only test for illicit substances in competition, as they are banned in competition. Out of competition ASADA doesn't care because they aren't banned - see Lachie Keefe and Josh Thomas who faced no sanction from ASADA for having Coke in their system, but did for having Clenbuterol.

Not quite, ASADA will only test for illicit substances in competition, as they are banned in competition. Out of competition ASADA doesn't care because they aren't banned - see Lachie Keefe and Josh Thomas who faced no sanction from ASADA for having Coke in their system, but did for having Clenbuterol.

Also the reason why Ben Cousins, Dane Swan and others still have Brownlows while Jobe Watson does not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he gets on the park

Lightning to watch

What were they doing on the Gold Coast?

O'Meara, Bennell, Swallow, Dixon, Rory Thompson

5 guns with chronic (all seemingly stress related) injuries

Stephen Schwerdt was fitness man I believe

I hope he gets on the park

Lightning to watch

What were they doing on the Gold Coast?

O'Meara, Bennell, Swallow, Dixon, Rory Thompson

5 guns with chronic (all seemingly stress related) injuries

Stephen Schwerdt was fitness man I believe
Yep he was, and was so glad to see the back of him when he left.

Well that answered the question

Piss poor attitude from a piss poor club where everyone wants out
I was referring to our piss poor fitness man Stephen Schwert who set our squad back years with a very poor fitness program.

Didn't even have individual fitness plans for each of the players, from the outside looking in, that just seems ludicrous.

Brighter future ahead for us though, people re-signing, new training facility, it is all starting to smell rosy.

I was referring to our piss poor fitness man Stephen Schwert who set our squad back years with a very poor fitness program.

Didn't even have individual fitness plans for each of the players, from the outside looking in, that just seems ludicrous.

Brighter future ahead for us though, people re-signing, new training facility, it is all starting to smell rosy.
Wasnt Dean Robinson there to start with as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back