Rumour Harley Bennell

Remove this Banner Ad

Racists get defensive when called out.
M8 you have been pushing the drug ban angle for ages on here, now you have been proven wrong you are chucking the toys out.

The media hounded Cuzzy, most on here have empathy for him.

Explain to me how it's racist to speculate about Bennells drug habits, but if you do the same about Liberatore, Dusty or any of the other players in the AFL it's fine.

Take your time coming up with an answer.

So criticise an indigeneous player = automatic racism?

Oh look, let's see what might my above post was quoting

You forgot..

Mainwaring
Knifeman Sampi
Flatline Fletcher
David Hart
Wirrapanda the drunk driver

So you had a go at Sampi and Wirrapanda there, Kram = racist

The Garry Dhurrkay memorial drive through bottle shop? Classy.

Was there even ever any suggestion alcohol was involved or is it just because he was indigenous?

I do love the Docker double standard

Mention Mainwaring: hahahaha you legend screw the Eagles and their drugs zomg lol

Mention Dhurrkay: whoah whoah too far man, the guy died

Not surprising Kram was quick to like your post either as he's one of the worst perpetrators of this.

I do love the Docker double standard

Mention Mainwaring: hahahaha you legend screw the Eagles and their drugs zomg lol

Mention Dhurrkay: whoah whoah too far man, the guy died

Not surprising Kram was quick to like your post either as he's one of the worst perpetrators of this.

So was alcohol ever reported as a factor or did you just throw that in because he was black?

Well being racist it's no surprises you would hold that view.

You were quick to jump on Wirrapanda after all.
My own grandmother was indigenous so I doubt it.

You pick out 2 aboriginal players and make baseless claims that they had alcohol issues, a fair hint of racism there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So criticise an indigeneous player = automatic racism?

Oh look, let's see what might my above post was quoting

So you had a go at Sampi and Wirrapanda there, Kram = racist
Except he has factual evidence to back him up. You don't. You have hearsay. Unproven claims that are only against the Aboriginal players, hence a call of racism.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/d...-fined-for-drink-driving-20150519-gh4uxj.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Sampi-pleads-guilty-over-knife-threat/2006/03/03/1141191830307.html

Not entirely sure Ross has got this right.

Any speculation levelled at Bennell, for the most part, is entirely his doing. He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory, off field, in his short but somewhat impressive time in the AFL.

I don't know where the racist overtones get thrown in?

the speculation arises from the following:

- a lengthy lay off which is almost unprecedented for a calf injury

added with:
- a rich history of poor off field behaviour
- distrust of the AFL and clubs being at almost at an all time low - both will seemingly do anything to cover up a story to save face

From all reports he is doing what he can do get back on the ground and hasn't had any real issues since returning west of the Nullabor apart from his ongoing inability to play and silence the critics.

However, I can't see how any speculation aimed at Bennell isn't any different to what players with similar off field discretions such a Cousins, Fevola, Barry Hall, Dane Swan, Heath Shaw etc received. Some, it took a very lengthy stint of significantly improved professional conduct for ongoing speculation and innuendo to run its course.

All things considered, I still don't see how this all of a sudden becomes a racial issue?

Not entirely sure Ross has got this right.

Any speculation levelled at Bennell, for the most part, is entirely his doing. He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory, off field, in his short but somewhat impressive time in the AFL.

I don't know where the racist overtones get thrown in?

the speculation arises from the following:

- a lengthy lay off which is almost unprecedented for a calf injury

added with:
- a rich history of poor off field behaviour
- distrust of the AFL and clubs being at almost at an all time low - both will seemingly do anything to cover up a story to save face

From all reports he is doing what he can do get back on the ground and hasn't had any real issues since returning west of the Nullabor apart from his ongoing inability to play and silence the critics.

However, I can't see how any speculation aimed at Bennell isn't any different to what players with similar off field discretions such a Cousins, Fevola, Barry Hall, Dane Swan, Heath Shaw etc received. Some, it took a very lengthy stint of significantly improved professional conduct for ongoing speculation and innuendo to run its course.

All things considered, I still don't see how this all of a sudden becomes a racial issue?

Garry Lyon insinuated he doesn't work hard enough; maybe in a similar vein to a Chris Yarran. Whilst it's not directly racist, there may be racial overtones as being lazy is often associated with Indigenous players.

All anecdotal evidence however points to Harley working extra hard to try recover from his freak injury.

If Jake Carlisle was working just as hard but missed games and Saints lauded him for his preparation, would Garry Lyon insinuate laziness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Lyon insinuated he doesn't work hard enough; maybe in a similar vein to a Chris Yarran. Whilst it's not directly racist, there may be racial overtones as being lazy is often associated with Indigenous players.

All anecdotal evidence however points to Harley working extra hard to try recover from his freak injury.

If Jake Carlisle was working just as hard but missed games and Saints lauded him for his preparation, would Garry Lyon insinuate laziness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see what you're saying.

However its difficult to know - It may have been merely the first player than sprung to mind and a very recent, relevant example at that.

What if he said Colin Sylvia and/or Shannon Motlop from Geelong?
Both are equally applicable to the topic at hand however the mere suggestion of the latter would inevitably incite some unnecessary racial accusations in some quarters despite their obvious relevance to the topic. Is it racist? Not at all, or at least shouldn't be.

It just seems to me some people are overly eager at times to turn an issue into a racial one when it isn't there.

So because one had past problems, it makes them automatically guilty of more?

Of course it raises suspicions. He wouldn't be the first party boy to have his work ethic questioned after an indiscretion.

Been plenty before him earned a bad rep for that lifestyle that they had to carry with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back