JLT2 - Crows v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it's time to complete the microsurgery on JLT1 and turn our attention to JLT2.

Players who I expect to be unavailable / not ready yet are;
B Crouch, Thompson, Lever, Sloane, Seedsman, Brown, Jacobs, Cheney, CEY, Himmelberg, Signorello, Doedee, Davis, Beech, Keath and Jarman. That leaves 28 to choose from so only 2 more will miss out.

So....compared to JLT1
Out - Jacobs (just to be safe), CEY (jtbs), Beech (jtbs), Walker and Betts.
In - Knight (please), Greenwood (please), Gallucci (please), Gore and Hunter.

Line-up

Wigg Hartigan Otten

Smith Talia Laird

Atkins M Crouch Milera

Cameron McGovern Knight

Menzel Jenkins Lynch

O'Brien

Hampton

Douglas

Greenwood, Gallucci, Kelly, Mackay, Poholke, Gore, Dear, Hunter.

Other guesses???????????????????

if Knight doesn't play I don't know if I'll be more stunned or disappointed. Greenwood would be a lovely bonus.

want to see Milera, Hampton, Menzel and Poholke again, and why the hell not when Sloane and Brad can't play. Has there been any more info on Doedee's little (supposedly?) injury? Desperate to see him out there too. Hunter's not a bad idea either, Jacobs and ROB didn't exactly fill me with confidence on Friday night.

I think it's time to complete the microsurgery on JLT1 and turn our attention to JLT2.

Players who I expect to be unavailable / not ready yet are;
B Crouch, Thompson, Lever, Sloane, Seedsman, Brown, Jacobs, Cheney, CEY, Himmelberg, Signorello, Doedee, Davis, Beech, Keath and Jarman. That leaves 28 to choose from so only 2 more will miss out.

So....compared to JLT1
Out - Jacobs (just to be safe), CEY (jtbs), Beech (jtbs), Walker and Betts.
In - Knight (please), Greenwood (please), Gallucci (please), Gore and Hunter.

Line-up

Wigg Hartigan Otten

Smith Talia Laird

Atkins M Crouch Milera

Cameron McGovern Knight

Menzel Jenkins Lynch

O'Brien

Hampton

Douglas

Greenwood, Gallucci, Kelly, Mackay, Poholke, Gore, Dear, Hunter.

Other guesses???????????????????
Thought Brown was going to be available. If so, rest Laird as he had a good hit out.

Agree the fit guys who missed must come in, particularly Knight, Gallucci & Greenwood who may be in the mix for round 1.

I would play Tex for at least a half as needs to find some form. Rest JJ instead as was on song.

Tex needs to show something..
Knight? Doedee? Brown? These three are potentially best 22.
Galluci needs a run.
Menzel needs to be given the full three games. No point him playing SANFL. These trial matches will same more.
Milera, Cameron and Hampton to get more midfield minutes.
CEY out. Sorry he's not up to it.

B: Brown, Talia, Otten
HB: Wigg, Hartigan, Smith
C: Cameron, Mrouch, Milera
HF: Hampton, Walker, Lynch
F: McGovern, Dear, Menzel
R: ROB, Douglas, Knight
I/C: Poholke, Gallucci, Kelly, Mackay, Greenwood, Hunter, Atkins

Out: Betts, Jenkins, Laird, CEY, Jacobs
In: Gallucci, Knight, Greenwood, Hunter, Gore

B: Brown, Talia, Otten
HB: Wigg, Hartigan, Smith
C: Cameron, Mrouch, Milera
HF: Hampton, Walker, Lynch
F: McGovern, Dear, Menzel
R: ROB, Douglas, Knight
I/C: Poholke, Gallucci, Kelly, Mackay, Greenwood, Hunter, Atkins

Out: Betts, Jenkins, Laird, CEY, Jacobs
In: Gallucci, Knight, Greenwood, Hunter, Gore
about what I would do as well although if CEY is fit I'd try him again
How midget is our on ball brigade ? Milera > M Crouch the second tallest > Cameron > Douglas/Knight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How midget is our on ball brigade ? Milera > M Crouch the second tallest > Cameron > Douglas/Knight
I'm taking CEY out on the basis that he is injured. If not, he comes in, but I'm not sure who for.

I'm pretty sure Cameron is taller than Mrouch, but you're right, our midfield is a pack of gnomes. Promising gnomes, but

Tex needs to show something

I give Tex a pass because he is captain. Pre-season games are the games where he can worry more about what other players are doing more than what he is doing, he can spend time instructing young players on what they should be doing or should have done. In the preseason he acts as a captain first, an on-field coach and a full forward last. In the season proper, he is a full forward first and a captain second.

if Knight doesn't play I don't know if I'll be more stunned or disappointed. Greenwood would be a lovely bonus.

want to see Milera, Hampton, Menzel and Poholke again, and why the hell not when Sloane and Brad can't play. Has there been any more info on Doedee's little (supposedly?) injury? Desperate to see him out there too. Hunter's not a bad idea either, Jacobs and ROB didn't exactly fill me with confidence on Friday night.

I am not upbeat about our selection history of giving youngsters exposure..

I'm taking CEY out on the basis that he is injured. If not, he comes in, but I'm not sure who for.

I'm pretty sure Cameron is taller than Mrouch, but you're right, our midfield is a pack of gnomes. Promising gnomes, but
this is why we need to start exposing Greenwood. The guy is a good sort, might realistically still be far too early for him but even if he found it hard to keep up I think he'd find it inspiring not discouraging.

I am not upbeat about our selection history of giving youngsters exposure..
last week was a pretty green side, still have a lot of injuries. Hard to see next weeks side being any more experienced.

If fit, probably worth trying CEY again, as we need to be sure. I have my doubts, but preseason should be about giving all fringe types a decent try out.

I liked that Poholke kid, looked like a footballer out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back