Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, strangely, Prince was an incredible basketballer and pretty much unbeatable at table tennis.

Although if you consider how virtuosic he was on all those instruments ... it fits.

The little guy left too soon.

Yes, strangely, Prince was an incredible basketballer and pretty much unbeatable at table tennis.

Although if you consider how virtuosic he was on all those instruments ... it fits.

The little guy left too soon.

Hell of an ice skater too.

Nintendo master race represent.

banner01.png

Just a little bit of advice for those just starting out in Breath of the Wild.

There are a lot of "things I wish I knew when I started BotW" articles out there. I strongly suggest ignoring them. Yes the game doesn't lead you by the hand as much as previous Zelda does, but that is for a reason. Just get out there and explore, take your time. The sense of discovery and peeling back the layers on the onion is truly wonderful. Don't deny yourself all those little "ah ha!" dopamine release moments.

These glowing reviews of Breath of the Wild have me intrigued with a dash of suspicion

Why suspicion? Nintendo have a pretty good record in delivering supreme quality with their marquee franchises.

The game is unbelievable.

Oh its just layers of cynicism worn on over the years - nothing specific to Nintendo.

Just have to find reviewers you trust I guess. Giant Bomb are my guys, and considering most of them put their careers on the line to walk away from Gamespot because of the Kane and Lynch controversy, I trust them immensely.

Essentially the game is getting 10/10 everywhere - it has to be good.

I'm only about an hour in and it feels amazing.

I've got to say, the Switch is the coolest console I've ever owned ... the ability to go around the house and plonk it on a desk or handheld or back on the TV ... each time it takes a couple of seconds to appear. It's very very zippy too - the WiiU's interface was always terribly slow.

Incidentally, I linked my Nintendo account to Twitter to tweet a screenshot and Twitter emailed me telling me I'd just logged in on 'Safari'. Wonder if there's a bit of Apple tech in the OS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially the game is getting 10/10 everywhere - it has to be good.

I'm only about an hour in and it feels amazing.

I've got to say, the Switch is the coolest console I've ever owned ... the ability to go around the house and plonk it on a desk or handheld or back on the TV ... each time it takes a couple of seconds to appear. It's very very zippy too - the WiiU's interface was always terribly slow.

Incidentally, I linked my Nintendo account to Twitter to tweet a screenshot and Twitter emailed me telling me I'd just logged in on 'Safari'. Wonder if there's a bit of Apple tech in the OS?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/no_your_nintendo_switch_isnt_running_safari

Well that was a much better help thanks. Suddenly only feel like watching the Shia back catalog.

Looks like the difference is very slight ... so it'd make sense to buy it on Wii U which I'm certain is exactly what TBD has done.

The Switch is just an incredibly cool console and it boots/sleeps/wakes very quickly. Loving spending the day with it.

Looks like the difference is very slight ... so it'd make sense to buy it on Wii U which I'm certain is exactly what TBD has done.

The Switch is just an incredibly cool console and it boots/sleeps/wakes very quickly. Loving spending the day with it.

Actually it is that portability that really appeals. I am going to suggest the kids pool their money. :p

Actually it is that portability that really appeals. I am going to suggest the kids pool their money. :p

Portable gaming has never looked so good - seriously beautiful screen and interface.

Handheld it's fantastic - it's a little weighty, but not too bad at all ... and the tabletop mode is fabulous.

So innovative ... but as usual will depend on the games that Nintendo release and WHEN.

Portable gaming has never looked so good - seriously beautiful screen and interface.

Handheld it's fantastic - it's a little weighty, but not too bad at all ... and the tabletop mode is fabulous.

So innovative ... but as usual will depend on the games that Nintendo release and WHEN.

I joined the Switch party tonight. Just couldn't resist and zelda is absolutely stunning. They're always brilliant games but this one just has a real special feel to it in particular. So glad I did.

Outside Mario kart and Mario, any idea what else we might expect from the switch? New Donkey Kong? Metroid? Any rumors floating around?

I joined the Switch party tonight. Just couldn't resist and zelda is absolutely stunning. They're always brilliant games but this one just has a real special feel to it in particular. So glad I did.

Outside Mario kart and Mario, any idea what else we might expect from the switch? New Donkey Kong? Metroid? Any rumors floating around?

I'm sure they'll all come, the problem will be when.

Nintendo are geniuses but they are almost at the other scale from Ubisoft where they make a game so perfect that it takes 2 years too long.

Zelda is worth the wait but we need Mario and other flagship titles sooner rather than later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back