Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. Vegetarians don't eat any meat, pesceterians eat fish, there not even remotely related to what were talking about.

FWIW I was being amicable and honestly a simple reply of "yeh theres subsets to Paelo so that can be confusing to those not in the know" would have done but trying to pass off this stupid "umbrella" or "lifestyle" as not being a shade confusing to those who aren't "in the know" is ridiculous. Is it a caveman diet? Is it a take on that? Is it no processed foods? If you can answer those then why can I find a cookbook showing otherwise? Veggos don't chuck meat in their cookbooks, seems pretty clear cut.

@bazaar you explained it, it took 3 pages and a diagram but here we are, I'm no less confused about how some people are paleo and if nuts and eggs are okay but whatever I'm not doing it so I don't really care.

For the record if Demontim and I agree on something it usually means something cause we rarely agree on anything (I'm sure hed say the same).
https://authoritynutrition.com/paleo-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/

Here's a "blog" on it. Even he references things that "some paleo diets" include.

The strangest thing here is that I don't care and Bazaar isn't paleo. Genuinely eat whatever you want and call it Paleo, theres obviously interpretation but I cant stand the preachy idiots who do the "I'm full paleo" when that seems to fly in the face of what most people think that means, then you get another preachy idiot who will say that preachy idiot #1 is wrong. Set some boundaries so we know who is an accurate preachy idiot and who is an inaccurate preachy idiot.

Man I really give up. Eat whatever the hell you want, I unfollowed most of my militant paleo mates on facey and insta anyway cause they post more recipes and bulltish than anything else and most of it contradicts each other but yeh, its simple, its just caveman, only not really, with some exceptions that some people believe and follow and some don't and bone broths and camel milk. Got it.

Your post and your link are not in anyway correlated
That paleo says no butter (it even says that) but that you can get butter and melt it down to remove the dairy qualities to make it paleo.

"Ghee, or clarified butter, should not cause any problem because all milk constituents have been removed. You can make it yourself by slowly melting butter in a pan until you see the white parts fall to the bottom, and then straining it in a cheese cloth to keep only the pure fat."

Did you read past "ghee" or just come back to reply after stopping there?

Man I really give up. Eat whatever the hell you want, I unfollowed most of my militant paleo mates on facey and insta anyway cause they post more recipes and bulltish than anything else and most of it contradicts each other but yeh, its simple, its just caveman, only not really, with some exceptions that some people believe and follow and some don't and bone broths and camel milk. Got it.
It's clearly defined. If you follow the experts, and blogs, but any example of the blogs contradicting the clear definition doesn't exist, and if it does, it actually doesn't. And I'm not paleo. But stop bagging paleo, even though you said it's healthy, you're actually bagging it, but I'm not paleo

Ps. I'm not paleo

It's clearly defined. If you follow the experts, and blogs, but any example of the blogs contradicting the clear definition doesn't exist, and if it does, it actually doesn't. And I'm not paleo. But stop bagging paleo, even though you said it's healthy, you're actually bagging it, but I'm not paleo

Ps. I'm not paleo
Settle down PaleoTim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah the 10 year old girl bazzar is back

No one has even bagged paleo as a diet. We've said there's not a consensus amongst what EXACTLYit is. *s sake. You even said yourself th mainstream media says it's something different to the "experts"

As usual, you've explained nothing, provided no evidence, then come out with "oh but I've explained it".

Ps. I don't like Pete Evans or paleo

Head/desk, they just don't get it, and crack the shits when we try to explain.
Nothing will change their minds. Haters will always be haters

I only hate Paleo preachers who don't really know what theyre following, you've said youre not even Paleo.

FWIW you have sort of defined what YOU believe it to be, as has been pointed out on quite a few different occasions a lot of influential Paleoers don't agree and contradict one another.

I've given up cause I'm not even sure what point youre trying to make? Are you saying the definition of Paleo is simple and straightforward? Cause I understood when you gave me the subset post last page, and that made me understand that it actually is complicated and that's probably why people don't understand it.

I only hate Paleo preachers who don't really know what theyre following, you've said youre not even Paleo.

FWIW you have sort of defined what YOU believe it to be, as has been pointed out on quite a few different occasions a lot of influential Paleoers don't agree and contradict one another.

I've given up cause I'm not even sure what point youre trying to make? Are you saying the definition of Paleo is simple and straightforward? Cause I understood when you gave me the subset post last page, and that made me understand that it actually is complicated and that's probably why people don't understand it.
Something something stop bagging paleo something something I'm not paleo but something something show evidence

Seriously, I don't even get how people are claiming you're bagging paleo. Either they can't read or are incredibly dense. If they can't even understand your very simple point, I'm unsure how they claim paleo is simple

In a nutshell, yeah.
Perfect example of what phantom is saying

You can have fruit in paleo.

I'm sure we will now be told that you don't exist and that paleo is clearly defined, and that no one has ever though paleo doesn't include fruit.

Just out of interest, is anyone that is arguing in here actually Paleo? or are we all just bored at work?
I think there's a few posters but apparently none of the ones who are getting offended on behalf of a diet they don't even follow

Head/desk, they just don't get it, and crack the shits when we try to explain.
Nothing will change their minds. Haters will always be haters

DT's post is probably a better summation of what I'm saying. You have a definition (which frankly gave a clear reason for why its confusing) but now youre just going "oh ive explained it and I get it these people are just haters". I don't hate any of it, I weirdly respect Pete for his hustle and passion, he came across as smug in that interview but whatever man, good on him. I also don't hate "paleo" seems like a healthy diet/lifestyle but I just find it frustrating that theres so much disagreement about what it is and as an extension of that how preachy some people can be about it even though it seems like a very broad term.

Going the "oh anyone that hates paleo" route isn't helping anyone here.

Anyway I think i've made myself abundantly clear on my thoughts so, unless you have anything to add?

It's so simple not sure why two in particular struggle with it

Dietary interventions

The Palaeolithic-type diet intervention was based on anthropological Palaeolithic research [21, 22] with a concern for feasibility in modern times. It was based on lean meat, fish, fruit, leafy and cruciferous vegetables, root vegetables, eggs and nuts. Dairy products, cereal grains, legumes, refined fats, extra salt and sugar were not part of it.
http://lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-511X-13-160

Background
The Paleolithic diet was based on lean meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, root vegetables, eggs and nuts.
http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-7-85

METHODOLOGY
Formulation of a Contemporary Diet Based Upon
Paleolithic Food Groups In the United States and other western nations, foods
generally are organized into one of five food groups: 1)
bread, cereal, rice and pasta group, 2) fruit group, 3) veg-
etable group, 4) milk, yogurt and cheese group, and 5) meat,
poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs & nuts group.
The formulation of a contemporary diet based upon Paleolithic foods
groups necessarily excludes two of these major groups
(grains and dairy) because these foods were rarely or never
consumed by contemporary or Paleolithic hunter-gatherers.

Additionally, within food group #5, dry beans
and legumes were not included in the analysis because, like
cereal grains, these foods did not become dietary staples
until Neolithic times.
Finally, all modern processed foods
containing mixtures of grains, refined sugars and oils, salt,
and food additives were likewise excluded from the model
because these food mixtures became part of the human
dietary repertoire only following the Agricultural and
Industrial Revolutions.
http://thepaleodiet.com/wp-content/...on-Paleolithic-Food-Groups-The-Paleo-Diet.pdf

You’ve heard of the benefits of the Paleo Diet but still don’t fully understand what it is?
http://thepaleodiet.com/what-to-eat-on-the-paleo-diet-paul-vandyken/

Prioritize whole, unprocessed, nutrient-dense, nourishing foods.
Eat vegetables, grass-fed and pastured meat and eggs, wild-caught seafood, healthy fats, fermented foods, fruit, nuts, seeds, and spices.
http://nomnompaleo.com/paleo101

Paleo diet: What is it and why is it so popular?
A paleo diet typically includes lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...althy-eating/in-depth/paleo-diet/art-20111182

The Paleo Diet – A Beginner’s Guide Plus Meal Plan
By Kris Gunnars, BSc
The Basics

Eat: Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, healthy fats and oils.

Avoid: Processed foods, sugar, soft drinks, grains, most dairy products, legumes, artificial sweeteners, vegetable oils, margarine and trans fats.
https://authoritynutrition.com/paleo-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/

Last edited:
I'm the worlds worst vegetarian, which apparently now means I can eat fish?
I know "strict" vegans, those that won't touch honey for example, who still eat oysters as they have no central nervous system.

Strict definitions are just Soctratic dead ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back