Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

the comments about aioli and melted butter were either disingenuous, misinformed or trolling
I quoted the exact issue I had with the melted butter mate. The author even discussed that butter isn't allowed, but went through a process to explain how you could do something to make it allowed. It was a discussion point on "differing ideas about what's paleo".

It honestly seems like you haven't read a lot of what you're responding to (especially since you claimed paleo was being potted)

I quoted the exact issue I had with the melted butter mate. The author even discussed that butter isn't allowed, but went through a process to explain how you could do something to make it allowed. It was a discussion point on "differing ideas about what's paleo".

It honestly seems like you haven't read a lot of what you're responding to (especially since you claimed paleo was being potted)
https://paleoleap.com/paleo-fats/
This guy says melting butter while not strictly paleo, can be done as melting it removes the non paleo aspect
it's not the melting that removes the non paleo aspects it's the removal of the milk solids

it's not the melting that removes the non paleo aspects it's the removal of the milk solids
If that's what you focused on, that I put "melting" instead of the entire process then I'd say you need to look at your own posting. That doesnt at all take away from my point, it was a lazy paraphrasing but the point remained. Other sites hadn't butter on the "not to be used" list, that site gave details on how it can be used.

It really just seems like you assumed we were bagging paleo (despite it being posted numerous times we weren't), got offside because of it, and responded based on that.

group hug time people.
group_hug.jpg

the comments about aioli and melted butter were either disingenuous, misinformed or trolling

Aioli has stuff that isn't paleo according to different definitions, it was sort of the marker for why the whole thing is confusing. I didn't say anything about the butter.

Don't jump to conclusions

Aioli has 3 ingredients that are all paleo
Jesus mate. And you accuse others of s**t. He literally posted why on the other page.

You still have that "head in arse" attitude of "I've never heard anyone define paleo in that way so therefore no one has ever defined it in that way"

Still amusing coming from the two people involved in the IIFYM discussion (that it doesn't matter what the original definition was, because they had heard others say it was something else)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus mate. And you accuse others of s**t. He literally posted why on the other page.

You still have that "head in arse" attitude of "I've never heard anyone define paleo in that way so therefore no one has ever defined it in that way"

Still amusing coming from the two people involved in the IIFYM discussion (that it doesn't matter what the original definition was, because they had heard others say it was something else)
No I read what he said... and it was utter tripe

No I read what he said... and it was utter tripe
So you're saying no one you know has made that claim? Phantom made it up about 5 pages ago, and just ran with it to piss the non-paleo guys who take offense on behalf of paleo?

Again. You seem to do what you whinge about others doing.

I notice you backed away from "potting paleo" pretty quickly, and stopped responding about that bullshit claim

So you're saying no one you know has made that claim? Phantom made it up about 5 pages ago, and just ran with it to piss the non-paleo guys who take offense on behalf of paleo?

Again. You seem to do what you whinge about others doing.

I notice you backed away from "potting paleo" pretty quickly, and stopped responding about that bullshit claim
I would be interested to read any legitimate source that says eggs, oil or garlic are forbidden on paleo.

As for the "backed away from potting paleo" aspect. Do you want an apology?

I'm sorry DemonTim and phantom13 that I misinterpreted your enquiries and musings regarding paleo as criticism. I obviously misinterpreted the nature of your posts.

Can we move on from that now?

I would be interested to read any legitimate source that says eggs, oil or garlic are forbidden on paleo.

I'm sorry DemonTim and phantom13 that I misinterpreted your enquiries and musings regarding paleo as criticism. I obviously misinterpreted the nature of your posts.

Didn't want an apology. Just showing it as evidence of you failing basic comprehension, as you did in the last post sooking about phantom.

"Legitimate source" what's a legitimate source for paleo? Considering bazzar has claimed that blogs are legitimate and mainstream media isn't in this case it's hard to know what you'd want. Is a personal trainer from goodlife docklands legitimate?

A lot of the blogs when googling are eggs paleo state it's a common question and people are often surprised that they are.

I didn't even give a rats anymore. This is the dumbest argument I think I've ever seen on here, probably proves my point really.

that's a Q&A section of a paleo website with the subsequent answer to the question posed being yes they are paleo

now who fails at basic comprehension?
Yes. And the author put forward why they're not

There's also discussion on a fair few paleo forums about why they shouldn't be staple in paleo, because of availability, their nutritional profile etc

So you're claiming no one says it, and when people say it they just don't count? Is that your argument here?

I didn't even give a rats anymore. This is the dumbest argument I think I've ever seen on here, probably proves my point really.
It's literally some of the stupidest hypocrisy I've seen on here.

And that's not even getting into the logic behind "it doesn't matter if people have said it, I don't believe it"

The fact it's been argued for like 5 pages just shows how simple and the huge consensus apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back