Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My point was I don't like diets that restrict foods the way Paleo or Atkins or veganism does.
Me, hence I don't have much interest in whether something is Paleo or not.
you don't like them because you have no interest in eating that way or you think that attitude to "food groups" is inherently unhealthy?

Great, just don't eat them, no one, repeat, no one is forcing you
I've worked it out you don't actually want to understand people's views on these topics you just want the argument.

I never said I was being forced you asked why I don't like diets that restrict foods then when I gave my answer asked what my point was now you are saying dont eat them? What's them?

I've worked it out you don't actually want to understand people's views on these topics you just want the argument.

I never said I was being forced you asked why I don't like diets that restrict foods then when I gave my answer asked what my point was now you are saying dont eat them? What's them?
Apologies, I just assumed when you said "but don't preach on my Facebook about it." you felt threatened.

Jumping on Paleo for a sec and I don't want to be involved in this shitfight, but if certain things aren't Paleo then why is certain farmed meats considered Paleo?

Meat is farmed these days, back then the meat caveman would've eaten would be what we'd consider as game, things like Deer, Buffalo etc

When you think of it, basically the most Paleo food option would be fish

you don't like them because you have no interest in eating that way or you think that attitude to "food groups" is inherently unhealthy?
I think the attitude that for everyone meat is bad or milk is bad or carbs are bad or fat is bad (take your pick they are all bad depending on which diet someone is selling) is crap.

I think the way a lot of these things are sold, or just picked up by people is unhealthy, the attitudes that come with it, the militant aspect you get from marketing, gurus, disciples

The money thrown around by the industry it's all terrible.

For some people cutting out a food groups may be medically necessary, may work for them, may make them happier, make it easier to maintain wait, but it's not one size fits all.

Like I posted earlier I find Paleo to be like CrossFit and the attitude towards it from proponents is very similar.

I think in both cases they have taken some good ideas and ****ed up the execution but some people have gotten rich off it anyway.

I couldn't go vegetarian or vegan but I can happily eat vegetarian Curry or tofu stir fry.

I couldn't go Paleo but I could certainly stand to eat more unprocessed foods

Now maybe Pete Evans thinks he's actually helping the world and he believes what he is selling is the truth, but to me he is another person just looking to make a buck off health

Apologies, I just assumed when you said "but don't preach on my Facebook about it." you felt threatened.
It's the hashtags I think. Too many hashtags

I think the attitude that for everyone meat is bad or milk is bad or carbs are bad or fat is bad (take your pick they are all bad depending on which diet someone is selling) is crap.

I think the way a lot of these things are sold, or just picked up by people is unhealthy, the attitudes that come with it, the militant aspect you get from marketing, gurus, disciples

The money thrown around by the industry it's all terrible.

For some people cutting out a food groups may be medically necessary, may work for them, may make them happier, make it easier to maintain wait, but it's not one size fits all.

Like I posted earlier I find Paleo to be like CrossFit and the attitude towards it from proponents is very similar.

I think in both cases they have taken some good ideas and ****** up the execution but some people have gotten rich off it anyway.

I couldn't go vegetarian or vegan but I can happily eat vegetarian Curry or tofu stir fry.

I couldn't go Paleo but I could certainly stand to eat more unprocessed foods

Now maybe Pete Evans thinks he's actually helping the world and he believes what he is selling is the truth, but to me he is another person just looking to make a buck off health
Perfect!

Paleo does seem to follow the CrossFit catch all clause where they claim to be anything remotely resembling it, or that anything remotely resembling it is actual it (though perhaps not as zealously)
Do deadlifts? That's CrossFit!
Do gymnastics? That's CrossFit!
Do a strength and conditioning program? That's CrossFit!
Paddling the school canoe? That's CrossFit!
Doing CrossFit? Oh you better believe that's CrossFit

Last edited:
Paleo does seem to follow the CrossFit catch all class where they claim to be anything remotely resembling it, or that anything remotely resembling it is actual it (though perhaps not as zealously)

Nah mate, paleo is simple with a simple definition, you're an ignorant hater.

Something about trolling, you just need to educate yourself on paleo

Here's 1409 links

Ps I'm not Pete Evans, I don't do paleo and I'm not hitler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the problem seems to be that paleo is misunderstood by some and distorted by a few?
sure it is. its not as black and white as something like being vegetarian.
but its also not that difficult to get your head around it if you are willing to do the research...which is wise to do anytime you make a substantial change to your diet.

personally im a LCHF guy. LCHF doesnt seem to come in for same amount of ridicule as paleo even though it also requires some effort to understand.

eat fat.
...but not all fat.
so which fats are good and which fats are bad?
how much fat should i consume?
what should the breakdown of those fats be?
how many carbs can i consume?
where should my carbs come from?
which vegetables are good and which are bad (less good)?
dont eat fruit...with a few exceptions.
should i be in nutritional ketosis?
how long is it safe to be in ketosis for?
should i do carb refeeds?
and on
and on
and on

its a little more complex than telling a vegetarian to not eat meat but the information is readily available if you want it.

Paleo does seem to follow the CrossFit catch all class where they claim to be anything remotely resembling it, or that anything remotely resembling it is actual it (though perhaps not as zealously)

so the problem seems to be that paleo is misunderstood by some and distorted by a few?
but its also not that difficult to get your head around it if you are willing to do the research...which is wise to do anytime you make a substantial change to your diet.

personally im a LCHF guy. LCHF doesnt seem to come in for same amount of ridicule as paleo even though it also requires some effort to understand.

eat fat.
...but not all fat.
and on
and on
and on

its a little more complex than telling a vegetarian to not eat meat but the information is readily available if you want it.

In that case where/how do you distinguish between paleo, LCHF or neither of the 2?
It has crossfit all over it. "The sport of fitness". You'd find crossfitters that would argue based on that definition that a round of golf is still crossfit, and a hell of a lot more that'd argue any sports strength and conditioning program has its roots in crossfit provided their program suits their agenda

I'm gonna get blamed for this crossfit bashing again aren't I?

eat fat.
...but not all fat.
and on
and on
and on

And that's fine but I haven't seen too many lchf people posting recipes and going on and on about it with conflicting information. The very first line is essentially it and as I have said I'm not taking up the diet and I'm not particularly fussed what people do but when so many people aggressively push the thing it would be good if there was some consensus on what the hell it actually means.

And that's fine but I haven't seen too many lchf people posting recipes and going on and on about it with conflicting information. The very first line is essentially it and as I have said I'm not taking up the diet and I'm not particularly fussed what people do but when so many people aggressively push the thing it would be good if there was some consensus on what the hell it actually means.
You know this post is just going to result in another 5 pages of "there is a consensus, you're trolling"

In that case where/how do you distinguish between paleo, LCHF or neither of the 2?
It has crossfit all over it. "The sport of fitness". You'd find crossfitters that would argue based on that definition that a round of golf is still crossfit, and a hell of a lot more that'd argue any sports strength and conditioning program has its roots in crossfit provided their program suits their agenda
basically LCHF encourages more fat consumption, restricts carbs to a greater extent and allows dairy...but yes, there are many similarities between the two.

you've lost me on the crossfit stuff. i have no idea what you're talking about.

Something about trolling, you just need to educate yourself on paleo

Here's 1409 links

Ps I'm not Pete Evans, I don't do paleo and I'm not hitler

da4482d7c30484890c6f153151a7362d.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back