Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. And the author put forward why they're not

There's also discussion on a fair few paleo forums about why they shouldn't be staple in paleo, because of availability, their nutritional profile etc

So you're claiming no one says it, and when people say it they just don't count? Is that your argument here?
If you read that link in it's entirety you will see he accepts the answer that yes they are paleo

If you read that link in it's entirety you will see he accepts the answer that yes they are paleo
You asked for an example of someone saying they're not.

You've now been given one (as well as other anecdote, and you could simply google it) and are excusing it as 'doesn't count'. So the mainstream media get it wrong, and any example of people saying something that doesn't match what you guys say just doesn't count. I guess if you ignore everything that doesn't confirm your view then, yeah, no opposing view exists

Phantom is right. This is literally the dumbest argument on here.

He also actually argues similar to other places, that like nuts and fruit, it shouldn't be consumed all the time.

I'll be honest, someone could link the paleo bible written by King paleo on the paleo throne of Paleotown and you'd rebut it. Yet as has been pointed out by me, DT and even bazaar there are subsets and branches of "paleo" the term "umbrella" was even thrown around I think, for that reason and that reason alone I think it's pretty clear that for people who aren't gonna read pages of rules and standards it's not clear what is and is not included, there's there's primal, then keto then whatever. Now call me ill informed and under researched and I'll probably agree but pretty much everyone who isn't going to do it is gonna be in the same boat as me then even if you do what happens if you read from the wrong person or source or whatever.

Do you understand the very simple premise yet? It's not simple and straightforward and when everyone has Twitter and Insta and blogs how the hell does someone know now.

You asked for an example of someone saying they're not.

You've now been given one (as well as other anecdote, and you could simply google it) and are excusing it as 'doesn't count'. So the mainstream media get it wrong, and any example of people saying something that doesn't match what you guys say just doesn't count. I guess if you ignore everything that doesn't confirm your view then, yeah, no opposing view exists

I'm not saying it doesn't count I'm saying the person who wrote the question and tried to make the case they're not paleo ended up conceding they are.

I'm not saying it doesn't count I'm saying the person who wrote the question and tried to make the case they're not paleo ended up conceding they are.
See my secondary post

It doesn't discount that he made a well researched claim around why they're not. If it's so easily defined and clear, why would anyone make the claim?

I'll be honest, someone could link the paleo bible written by King paleo on the paleo throne of Paleotown and you'd rebut it. Yet as has been pointed out by me, DT and even bazaar there are subsets and branches of "paleo" the term "umbrella" was even thrown around I think, for that reason and that reason alone I think it's pretty clear that for people who aren't gonna read pages of rules and standards it's not clear what is and is not included, there's there's primal, then keto then whatever. Now call me ill informed and under researched and I'll probably agree but pretty much everyone who isn't going to do it is gonna be in the same boat as me then even if you do what happens if you read from the wrong person or source or whatever.

Do you understand the very simple premise yet? It's not simple and straightforward and when everyone has Twitter and Insta and blogs how the hell does someone know now.
I'm still waiting for what a paleo expert is and what are legitimate sources for paleo. Who did everyone who is on paleo go to to get the well documented non disputable paleo rules?

I can think of at least one thread on the conspiracy board that is dumber.......
Slightly

Yep, it's a shame a potentially interesting discussion was hijacked by a couple who's interest was in s**t stirring and being provocative.
I don't think are eggs Paleo is an interesting discussion

I think the fact that Pete Evans is a money making machine who tells his interviewer to do their own research instead of explaining his product is interesting

But then I hate Pete Evans and I'm not a fan of diets that cut out entire food groups

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact that Pete Evans is a money making machine who tells his interviewer to do their own research instead of explaining his product is interesting

But then I hate Pete Evans and I'm not a fan of diets that cut out entire food groups

Yes "food groups"

76b30d8a67f8ebe9501b72aada61e887.jpg

Why? They popped out of bums, do you think the Gatherers would have thrown them in the Paleo bin?
I think what we call Paleo is crap. People eat what they could get where they lived, eggs would have been eaten by those that could

People are omnivores and diets used to be local

View attachment 351029

I doubt u watched his interview.

Nine food groups: Meat, Fish, Eggs, Dairy, Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts & seeds, Legumes (beans, pulses, etc) and Grains.
Vegans avoid four. Meat, fish, eggs and dairy.
Paleo avoids three. Dairy, legumes and grain.
Vegetarians avoid two. Meat and fish.
Primal avoid two. Legumes and grains.
Good for all of them. What works for you might not work for me
Everyone selling a diet or a lifestyle tells you theirs is best because guess what they are making money off it.

If people want to be Paleo or vegan or vegetarian good for them but don't preach on my Facebook about it.

Don't tell me how the steak I'm eating is offensive or that I shouldn't eat something because people didn't eat it 10,000 years ago.

If it works for you and you're happy fine, if you don't like grain don't eat it, doesn't mean others can't have a happy and healthy life with grain.

You like BP coffee go for it, you want 2 sugars that's your choice.

View attachment 351029

I doubt u watched his interview.
No need to doubt I didn't watch it.

Everyone selling a diet or a lifestyle tells you theirs is best because guess what they are making money off it.

If people want to be Paleo or vegan or vegetarian good for them but don't preach on my Facebook about it.

Don't tell me how the steak I'm eating is offensive or that I shouldn't eat something because people didn't eat it 10,000 years ago.

If it works for you and you're happy fine, if you don't like grain don't eat it, doesn't mean others can't have a happy and healthy life with grain.

Not sure what your point is?
Who's trying to "preach" to you?
If people go onto you facebook to preach block them.
Still don't know what your point is.

No need to doubt I didn't watch it.
Thought so, cause it was an ignorant comment.

Not sure what your point is?
Who's trying to "preach" to you?
If people go onto you facebook to preach block them.
Still don't know what your point is.
My point was I don't like diets that restrict foods the way Paleo or Atkins or veganism does.
Me, hence I don't have much interest in whether something is Paleo or not.

I don't care if someone wants to eat Paleo I just don't need to here about it especially when they are trying to sell something, hence no time for Pete Evans who I think is a nutter anyway and another example of celebrities saying they know all the answers.

What was your point?

Thought so, cause it was an ignorant comment.
What it's been mentioned that he was asked about why what he was spruiking works and how it works and he said do your own research. Did this not happen? If so the original discussion point that turned into this s**t fight has wasted a lot of time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back