Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be perfectly blunt no one I have seen post in this section is qualified/experienced enough to answer your question other than to point you in the direction of a physio and to recommend non-weight bearing exercise as a means of reducing body weight/staying in shape
(Not to say no one here has returned from a long term injury but your case is quite specific to you)

Last edited:
To be perfectly blunt no one I have seen post in this section is qualified/experienced enough to answer your question other than to point you in the direction of a physio and to recommend non-weight bearing exercise as a means of reducing body weight/staying in shape
(Not to say no one here has returned from a long term injury but your case is quite specific to you)

Any ideas on where I might be able to find like an injury thread or something?

This is pretty much what I was getting at earlier...

"The next time you experience a cold or the flu, remember this: rather than take conventional drugs to suppress uncomfortable symptoms, it's better for your health to allow the cold or flu to run its course while you get plenty of physical and emotional rest.

Conventional medicine and the pharmaceutical industry would have you believe that there is no "cure" for the common cold, that you should protect yourself against the flu with a vaccine that is laden with toxic chemicals, and that during the midst of a cold or flu, it is favorable to ease your discomfort with a variety of medications that can suppress your symptoms.

Unfortunately, all three of these positions indicate a lack of understanding of what colds and flus really are, and what they do for your body."

http://drbenkim.com/cold-flu-difference-health.html

This is pretty much what I was getting at earlier...

"The next time you experience a cold or the flu, remember this: rather than take conventional drugs to suppress uncomfortable symptoms, it's better for your health to allow the cold or flu to run its course while you get plenty of physical and emotional rest.

Conventional medicine and the pharmaceutical industry would have you believe that there is no "cure" for the common cold, that you should protect yourself against the flu with a vaccine that is laden with toxic chemicals, and that during the midst of a cold or flu, it is favorable to ease your discomfort with a variety of medications that can suppress your symptoms.

Unfortunately, all three of these positions indicate a lack of understanding of what colds and flus really are, and what they do for your body."

http://drbenkim.com/cold-flu-difference-health.html
Nah. Complete pseudo science from a quack chiropractor.

i find myself agreeing in part with DazalenkoUBewty again, my GP has always told me you are better off riding out a flu or cold, let your bodies natural defenses go to work and stay away from the medication in most cases. doctors don't want you rushing to them at the first sign of a sniffle or slight temperature.

IMO a healthy diet, exercise, adequate sleep and good hygiene are the best ways to avoid most infections.

i find myself agreeing in part with DazalenkoUBewty again, my GP has always told me you are better off riding out a flu or cold, let your bodies natural defenses go to work and stay away from the medication in most cases. doctors don't want you rushing to them at the first sign of a sniffle or slight temperature.

That's more because the symptoms that cold and flu medication suppress are actually the body's reactions to fight the virus.

I hadn't heard this theory about the flu clearing out your damaged cells before. It's a nice idea in theory, but I'd like to hear it from a more evidence-based source before I put any stock in it.

That's more because the symptoms that cold and flu medication suppress are actually the body's reactions to fight the virus.

I hadn't heard this theory about the flu clearing out your damaged cells before. It's a nice idea in theory, but I'd like to hear it from a more evidence-based source before I put any stock in it.
U know it's true... It's so easy to understand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real science isn't necessarily always easy to understand - that's why charlatans find it so easy to con people.
Well we all take in information, digest it, and then take in what we believe is truth, and we generally piss off the rest... But... anyone can change their minds in time.. me included, obv.

I'll go along with anything that makes sense to me at the time...

Have massive joes just gotten insane mainstream popularity or something. Every second person at my gym is wearing their gear. Most don't look like the usual massive joes customers

Have massive joes just gotten insane mainstream popularity or something. Every second person at my gym is wearing their gear. Most don't look like the usual massive joes customers

They posted something from Westside Barbell during the US Arnold(?).
Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'd never heard of them before then.

Massive joes has been around for a few years. They are really interactive with social media, post a lot of videos on You tube giving advice, blogs etc. so I think they timed it well now that you tube and instagram are so big with the fitness industry. And people enjoy the information and inter action not just a supps store selling prices.

Massive joes has been around for a few years. They are really interactive with social media, post a lot of videos on You tube giving advice, blogs etc. so I think they timed it well now that you tube and instagram are so big with the fitness industry. And people enjoy the information and inter action not just a supps store selling prices.
Yeah I know they've been around for ages
Was more referring to a massive boom in the last month or so amongst non "massive" people

DemonTim when you've finished your exercise science degree can you join their board, get access to their Facebook page and make sure they screen their posts for bro science and alternative facts before they post lol?

DemonTim when you've finished your exercise science degree can you join their board, get access to their Facebook page and make sure they screen their posts for bro science and alternative facts before they post lol?
I haven't looked lol is it that bad?

I know nutrition warehouse post some very stupid s**t. I've commented a few times and had them deleted

I haven't looked lol is it that bad?

I know nutrition warehouse post some very stupid s**t. I've commented a few times and had them deleted

They basically just post non-referenced opinion pieces from about 3 different websites with headlines like "3 tips to reduce lower back pain" which is basically the attempted nerdy version of "3 tips to reduce lower abdominal fat" lol

They basically just post non-referenced opinion pieces from about 3 different websites with headlines like "3 tips to reduce lower back pain" which is basically the attempted nerdy version of "3 tips to reduce lower abdominal fat" lol
Most "gym" social media spaces are run by people with no idea

Most "gym" social media spaces are run by people with no idea

Undoubtedly (some of my own friends included lol), but it's a bit different when it's an organisation that's supposedly made up of critical thinking members who hold Bachelor or Masters degrees lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back