Player Watch #7: Daniel Butler

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the recruiters for going this way. Butler, Menadue, Rioli, Castagna, Bolton and now little Stengle are all hard to catch and allow us to play a whole new style. The slower players have been left behind including Lennon and CEllis. Along with an awesome backline that seem to do it every week the Tigers are playing serious football. No more stop and prop. So beautiful to watch.

Congratulations to the recruiters for going this way. Butler, Menadue, Rioli, Castagna, Bolton and now little Stengle are all hard to catch and allow us to play a whole new style. The slower players have been left behind including Lennon and CEllis. Along with an awesome backline that seem to do it every week the Tigers are playing serious football. No more stop and prop. So beautiful to watch.
Short & Markov can also be added to that list

Corey Ellis will play football just provably not with us. Does not suit game plan like you say.

Corey Ellis will play football just provably not with us. Does not suit game plan like you say.
I know the club hold him in high regard. With Corey it's his body that has not allowed him to develop. Hardly has completed a preseason since being recruited. With no tank, you can't get to the positions you need to, to get the ball. The club will give him time. I know that for a fact.

Not even 15 games into a league career , they'll be a bit up and down . Loving the confidence he plays with. Not too many have the Aggots to run the length of the centre sq taking a couple of bounces
He and also menadue will take great belief in what they are doing and help build us into a more dangerous outfit

That pickup and give off by Grimes. Superb.

A couple of other things I like:

1. When we go, EVERY player across the field puts on the burners. None of this jogging stuff.
2. Butler had options in the forward 50 but had the confidence to take the game on, elude oncoming players and kick it himself. I like that in a young player. A bit different to his goal against WC as he had clear space in front of him that game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back