Opinion Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon there could be a lot more to this Ross Lyon rumour than he or Bucks are admitting. Should things turn sour again next season it would not surprise me if he emerges as a very real option for 2019. Personally I think he is the sort of coach we need to realise our list potential. Thoughts?

I reckon there could be a lot more to this Ross Lyon rumour than he or Bucks are admitting. Should things turn sour again next season it would not surprise me if he emerges as a very real option for 2019. Personally I think he is the sort of coach we need to realise our list potential. Thoughts?

OMG... No Please.

OMG... No Please.
Why though? He is great at bringing a list together, not so much at building one. I reckon he is very keen on us and that there are some at Collingwood keen on him.

I see the roll is dead and buried. With it the coach.
My first preference is to see Buckley succeed, doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan though.

So Fremantle are all really together are they... but they play like s**t and their game plan is s**t...

At least the players are together!
There are problems at Freo beyond the control of the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first preference is to see Buckley succeed, doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan though.
Ross is at his best when a team is already built and ready to go. Ours is close but not there yet, he would get us to finals but not win to many.
Good defensive mind with not much offense.
No thanks

Who? If Lumumba is expected to name names, then so are you!
Why do you think Bucks got so angry when this story was floated? There is more to this than either party wants to admit. Bucks has two years on paper only.

There are problems at Freo beyond the control of the coach.
When Ross Lyon has had decent teams to coach he's been too defensive minded for them to have actually won anything. His team was dominating for a fair while (from what I can vaguely remember) in the 2009 GF but thanks to his cowardly defensive approach never got far enough in front, that allowed Geelong to hit back and win the game.

He doesn't have a great record at developing teams, that's for sure. I would be very unhappy if he ever ended up at Collingwood.

I really hope you're just kidding with this thread, it looks like the sort of thing TG might come up with!

Why do you think Bucks got so angry when this story was floated? There is more to this than either party wants to admit. Bucks has two years on paper only.
But who is to say that Lyon will be any good in two years time? Why would you extend a coach's time by 2 years then cultivate the company of Lyon with an eye to an unforeseeable future? Makes no sense to me, but if it floats your boat, then by all means, take it on a cruise.

Freo are ten years behind West Coast.
So he and the club tolerates it why'll there winning, then it's a problem once they fall of the cliff.
Then it's even more of a no for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back