Weg Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know where you can get the "backdated" WEG posters (pre-1954)? Are they only available as they appear on ebay? The Wegart site seems to only have reprints of the posters since 54.
http://stores.ebay.com/Carnegie-Collectables/_i.html?_nkw=weg&submit=Search&_sid=1511992
This eBay store has a few pre dating 1954. Not sure if reprints etc. But worth a look.
As mentioned in this thread earlier, think WEG himself only started drawing the Premiers Posters in 1954, hence why you don't see much before that time. Not sure though

Dees26.1.jpg
Anyone know where you can get the "backdated" WEG posters (pre-1954)? Are they only available as they appear on ebay? The Wegart site seems to only have reprints of the posters since 54.
Weg released these pre '54 HeraldSun limited editions in the late nineties. I have the set but am unsure of their availability now.

Yes. Try harvtime.com.au. $12.50 each. The seller is Weg's business partner.

Cheers mate, will definitely check that out!

Does anyone know how many of these anniversary posters were released and where they are available other than ebay?

$T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHSDBQsw(eE!og~~60_35.JPG

Cheers mate, will definitely check that out!

Does anyone know how many of these anniversary posters were released and where they are available other than ebay?

$T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHSDBQsw(eE!og~~60_35.JPG
It looks like a premiership reunion poster. Available only at the event I beleive. ...& then at other places such as eBay afterwards. All the premiership reunion posters have the vanquished mascot.

It looks like a premiership reunion poster. Available only at the event I beleive. ...& then at other places such as eBay afterwards. All the premiership reunion posters have the vanquished mascot.
That's right and given the prices are $25-50, they aren't too rare. Every poster pre 97 (except 95) is worth more than that. I havent come across them anywhere other than ebay.

That's right and given the prices are $25-50, they aren't too rare. Every poster pre 97 (except 95) is worth more than that. I havent come across them anywhere other than ebay.

I did a quick google yesterday and found a few - some seem to have been done after WEG died (for instance the 1964 Melbourne one was for the 50 year anniversary as far as I'm aware? Although could've been 40 year) - if anyone has more info on these it would be greatly appreciated as I really like the mascot conquering the defeated mascot motif;

$_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!h4E68TUeLIIBO5HW)Etc!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16R,!)UE9s3wCMZWBQc6666D8g~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!iIE69YSd)H-BO5HW58T(!~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!hIFBc3rpYRzBQc62jOZS!~~60_12.JPG
$(KGrHqV,!ksE7!QbvBtPBO5H(KtlfQ~~60_12.JPG

$_57.JPG

Over the past 5 or so years, I slowly collected every WEG / Herald Sun poster from 1897 through to now.
My collection is now complete, except for one year, 1943 - Richmond.

Searched everywhere for it, to no avail.
Decided to contact the powers that be to inquire on what ever happened to it.
Got a reply this morning, apparently WEG had issues with the 1943 poster and it was destroyed, so there is no 1943 edition available.

Over the past 5 or so years, I slowly collected every WEG / Herald Sun poster from 1897 through to now.
My collection is now complete, except for one year, 1943 - Richmond.

Searched everywhere for it, to no avail.
Decided to contact the powers that be to inquire on what ever happened to it.
Got a reply this morning, apparently WEG had issues with the 1943 poster and it was destroyed, so there is no 1943 edition available.

http://www.wegart.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=156_161&products_id=252

1943 Richmond.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All,

Looking at getting some original Melbourne Wegs. Any one have idea on prices?

Hi All,

Looking at getting some original Melbourne Wegs. Any one have idea on prices?
Check out Phantom Sports Memorabilia that's where I got my limited edition pre-1953 posters.
https://www.phantomsports.com.au/afl/melbourne/melbourne-premiership-weg-set-396-84-460
If you are looking for any others have a look at wegart.
http://www.wegart.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=156_169&osCsid=314465940f4668437aca3a0b9e7a69a7
Not sure where any original ones may be found besides ebay or gumtree.

Thanks Zooper dooper but after originals not prints. I will keep my eyes out.

Best place to source some to look at?
Not many retail outlets would have all the originals. Type in 'Melbourne original weg' on ebay. I'm sure you could make contact with the sellers if you are a serious buyer. Here's the original '64. $4K Screenshot_20171207-021438-432x768.png

I have made contact with that eBay seller and also put a offer forward to purchase all three. Do you believe they are priced correctly? I have advice that they are asking to higher price??
Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back