Toast Welcome to Carlton Cam O'Shea

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously SOS must have suspected that either the Lions or the Suns were a threat to take O'Shea before our pick 3 and used the PSD instead.

Last edited:
Welcome Cam! Backline bolstered even more I guess. We've got some nice depth down there now, especially with the other mature addition of Mullett. He'll get opportunity at some stage next season i'd say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a terrific year at VFL level and deserves a second crack at it.

Really liked him a few years back at Port and think he'll be a handy addition to the list, even if it is only for a year or so.

Well done Cam - you've earned another opportunity, now take it with both hands.

Not convinced but if SOS thinks he's worth it that's good enough for me. We definitely need a few mature bodies to support the kids

He deserves it just not sure we needed yet another tall defender...people say he's not a KPD but I wouldn't classify him as a 'rebounding defender' either.
More a Plowman type imo.

He's a solid addition to our backline depth. Can't hurt to have multiple ready-to-go defenders in the wings.

Whilst I'm so-so on how much he actually contributes on-field, having him in the VFL and providing leadership at that level is great for youth development.

To be honest, this is brilliant if only because it sends a message to other potential VFL recruits - come play with us, we'll develop you and if you put in the work there is a clear pathway to the AFL.

He deserves it just not sure we needed yet another tall defender...people say he's not a KPD but I wouldn't classify him as a 'rebounding defender' either.
More a Plowman type imo.

I really think it's SOS addressing a short term issue with our age demographic. We are now younger than we have ever been. Need some mature bodies around the ground, some depth and I am sure they are quality people that will lead by example. All good

A. Silvagni type pick. Experienced head to help the kids out. I don’t mind it. We’ve got plenty of kids.

Surprised we didn’t nominate a NGA kid though. Or is there still time?

Nope, we're done and dusted.

Penrith misses out which is a bit of a surprise to me given he's effectively a free hit.

Still, if we don't think he's up to it then no point picking him up even if he's a free hit...will still require attention and time put into him by coaches and impact the playing group in terms of his personality etc.

The question here is this.. Is O'Shea better than White, Armfield, Sumner, Boekhorst, Smedts, Sheehan and Palmer who all played senior footy last year?

My answer is yes, he is better than all these players.

If this is a consensus, then SOS has yet again improved our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back