2017 Association Football Awards - Final Results!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst Post:

Most had a different response but there were a few who agreed on a series of posts on a very popular thread. Ol' mate Duncan was constantly whining and moaning about the supposed lack of Liverpool players (Karius finished in the top 10 FWIW) and Man U being over-represented.

Read from here and take your pick on what was Dunc's worst post because that's the winner.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...2016-17-edition.1165830/page-25#post-50867032

Surprised trollclub didn't poll more votes. If you did a search for posts containing rekt, Messi, Barca, s**t, lol, EPL and La Liga you'd bring up 87% of his posts.
I'm gutted to miss out on this one. FAITH didn't deserve it. I'm the best

Most Biased Poster:
This person needs no introduction, it's almost as if the Liverbird itself possess him.

Who else?

115.jpg

jod23, well done!

Most Biased Set of Supporters:
This was an incredibly close race with this team's group of fans just winning at the death. All it takes is for one poster to make a difference which is precisely what jod23 has done. All the heavy lifting he's done has paid off so well done Liverpool! 7 votes as opposed to 6 for the Red Mancs who would've been equally as deserving but the people have spoken.

ImperfectCapitalChamois-size_restricted.gif

In David Attenborough's next documentary series, he will explore the depths of a mysterious faraway land known as Merseyside to discuss the unique creatures that dwell within.

Best Set of Supporters:

The first of the positive awards, this was a tight race between two teams who wear the same colours but it just had to be the reigning champs. Successful in the league and successful on this board, the Chelsea group take out this title which isn't surprising since I'm part of it. I guess it's hard not to sound biased but we don't really seem to have any major flogs in our bunch. Gosha is good for a laugh, chef is really laid-back and Loonerty is someone I share some common ground with (the song contest misses you!) Chelsea are easily one of the most hated teams in England but at least our fans in this tight-knit community are well-liked enough.

Chelsea-v-Manchester-United.jpg

Honourable mention to Everton who finished 2 votes behind. Leicester and Arsenal (despite joint-winning the worst fans award) also polled well.

Best Set of Supporters:

The first of the positive awards, this was a tight race between two teams who wear the same colours but it just had to be the reigning champs. Successful in the league and successful on this board, the Chelsea group take out this title which isn't surprising since I'm part of it. I guess it's hard not to sound biased but we don't really seem to have any major flogs in our bunch. Gosha is good for a laugh, chef is really laid-back and Loonerty is someone I share some common ground with (the song contest misses you!) Chelsea are easily one of the most hated teams in England but at least our fans in this tight-knit community are well-liked enough.

Chelsea-v-Manchester-United.jpg

Honourable mention to Everton who finished 2 votes behind. Leicester and Arsenal (despite joint-winning the worst fans award) also polled well.
I think I now know why you’re presenting these awards roo2macca

Most Objective Poster:

Online forums (especially sports ones) have many posters who are so one-eyed they may as well be a pirate. However, every so often, you get those ones who have two functioning eyes and can actually see the world outside of their own club. His club are having a bit of a tough run and he's not afraid to admit it. When it comes to his club, he just tells it as it is with no bullshit. Well done SM!

66951.jpg

Honourable mentions go out to RossFC who is the anti-jod and to jd2010 who will straight out tell you whether a Spurs player is s**t or not (Janssen comes straight to mind).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have a pretty unfair reputation.
Theres a lot of the boy who cried wolf about your posts and LFC. The city game comes to mind where you actually had a good point (and it came to fruition) but most dismiss it straight away because of all the prior one eyed posts ;)

Smartest Poster:
This wasn't really a contest in the end and it's no surprise either. Every time he posts, you learn something new. Whether it's about the history of clubs in the Estonian League, Leicester's academy or the Faroe Islands, he seems to know all about it. Most of the time, he's very detailed in what he posts but it's always an interesting read.

Fryer Tuck is once again the recipient of this award!

159402.jpg

Honourable mentions go out to Buckleys Jocks and glenferry23 who also seem to know their stuff, both in and outside of football.

Most Improved Poster:

He's been around for a few years now (under different names) but this is his best incarnation yet. A mixture of reeling in the fishies with some quality bait, providing genuine laughs throughout the footy season and some insightful posts has propelled him to one of the more well-liked posters around. Granted, get a few drinks into him and the posting turns a little... interesting but when sober he can post well.

Well done Gosha!

165616.jpg

Best Post:
Not everyone voted for this one and only two posts got multiple votes. Thousands of posts are made on this site and most of them are forgettable. Some (ok, more than some) are just crap. I mean, really bad. However, occasionally you get posts that are memorable both for the right and the wrong reasons. In the case of this award, the two-way tie was one of each.

This meltdown became an instant classic on this board and introduced a new word to our vocabulary:

I dont give two flying ****s mate. Ban me you cumridden ******* sh*tstain

This one just made me laugh out loud:

Bloody hell, is there a bigger loser in the premier league than Jesse Lingard? I reckon he’d be the most annoying campaigner in real life. I would love to fly kick him.

Best Post:
Not everyone voted for this one and only two posts got multiple votes. Thousands of posts are made on this site and most of them are forgettable. Some (ok, more than some) are just crap. I mean, really bad. However, occasionally you get posts that are memorable both for the right and the wrong reasons. In the case of this award, the two-way tie was one of each.

This meltdown became an instant classic on this board and introduced a new word to our vocabulary:
Was ultimately worth the two week ban. Think Chef has cleaned himself up these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back