What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol you're a strange one sometimes. You sometimes come across as libertarian, then come across as authoritarian or even sometimes almost totalitarian! Riddle wrapped up in an enigma indeed.
or as I prefer, "a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, inside a conundrum, rolled in a frito burrito."

Wasn't he on his way back from a methadone clinic or have I got crossed wires?

No you are correct.

Don't disagree with that, but in this case they'd allowed him to get his license back.

Do we know at this point that the accident was his fault and that he was negligent/speeding/pissed/high? Genuine question.

No issue with that, just think it's a bit harsh to prejudge. If it turns out he was at fault & negligent high etc then go to town.

Driving home from a methodone clinic. Police have requested people do not drive under the influence. He broke the law again, and it cost him and 3 others (possibly 4) their lives.

I may be too harsh with my assessment but this is a sore spot for me. Ill admit that.

There are far too many people who seem to think driving is some kind of right, and there are even more people who in positions of power who should be doing something, that don't.
How many people die on the roads each year? how many people are left with half a life through injuries caused in accidents?
Now how many of these were either the result of someone breaking the law? People getting constant DUIs, running red lights. Speeding.

This is an example of someone who should not have been allowed on the roads. 60 convictions. Served jail time for driving without a licence. by early reports (I know I know) possibly under the influence.

We are too afraid as a society to penalise those people who continuously disrespect the laws that are there to govern our roads. I also cant understand people's apathy towards it. We are all on the road with these people.

No you are correct.

Driving home from a methodone clinic. Police have requested people do not drive under the influence. He broke the law again, and it cost him and 3 others (possibly 4) their lives.

I may be too harsh with my assessment but this is a sore spot for me. Ill admit that.

There are far too many people who seem to think driving is some kind of right, and there are even more people who in positions of power who should be doing something, that don't.
How many people die on the roads each year? how many people are left with half a life through injuries caused in accidents?
Now how many of these were either the result of someone breaking the law? People getting constant DUIs, running red lights. Speeding.

This is an example of someone who should not have been allowed on the roads. 60 convictions. Served jail time for driving without a licence. by early reports (I know I know) possibly under the influence.

We are too afraid as a society to penalise those people who continuously disrespect the laws that are there to govern our roads. I also cant understand people's apathy towards it. We are all on the road with these people.
I kind of feel like lots of things are done to lower the death toll on the roads in Australia. Victoria in particular has always been at the forefront of looking to lower the road toll. Victoria was the first to mandate the wearing of seatbelts for example. I am pretty sure there have been many 'firsts' in Victoria to help lower the road toll, so certainly a lot of things are done each year to do so.

I guess you could say there might be an issue with the judiciary side of things when it comes to road safety though. Personally, if you're more than say .1 and decide to drive, you should face mandatory jail time. You consciously and deliberately chose an action that puts other people in serious danger and there needs to be a bigger deterrent for that IMO.

No you are correct.

The scary thing about driving is we're all driving hulks of plastic and metal at deadly speeds (even at low speed) yet we can only control our own car. Every other car on the road is a potential danger, you just don't know the state of mind of the person behind the wheel (whether they be under the influence, distracted by a phone/kid/air conditioner adjustments etc). Granted the majority of the people on the road are generally good safe drivers but you simply don't know who isn't. All this but we pretty much take it for granted.

Bullying.

Every time I hear a story about a young kid taking their life.......wrecks me. How do I protect and make my kids strong enough to handle it?
Terrifying

Amen brother.

I've told my kids that if any other kid tells them to never tell me/mum if they did something to them, tell us. The other kid says that because they know they've been very naughty and don't want to get caught.

At least if it's out in the open we can work out a way to try and handle it. The thought of one of mine keeping it all bottled up inside then it coming to "that" is soul destroying. I can only wonder what the parents of these bullied kids must be going through, it'd almost be to much to handle.

Tram's offline for track works so I stupidly opted for the replacement bus and literally just spent 40 minutes inching through 4 blocks of peak hour traffic before we escaped the queue for the freeway. Anyone voluntarily driving into the city on a daily basis should be ******* sectioned.

Tram's offline for track works so I stupidly opted for the replacement bus and literally just spent 40 minutes inching through 4 blocks of peak hour traffic before we escaped the queue for the freeway. Anyone voluntarily driving into the city on a daily basis should be ******* sectioned.
I agree. We have a great tram and train network. Bring on congestion or parking taxes I say.

I know I'll be howled down from a few people on this one, but what shits me?

The fact that as a society we allow worthless pieces of s**t to exist despite the fact that most of us can pick them out with ease.

You can SEE them. You can damn near ******* smell them.

We all know some of them. People that offer absolutely nothing to society. That spend the sum total of their life being a drain on the rest of us.

A family of four killed by a sub-human that should never have been behind the wheel in the first place.

It is a very, VERY good thing that I have never, and will never be in any position to dictate public policy - because my desire would be to euthanize these vermin.
I feel like maybe not giving out a driver's license like a piece of candy may be a better starting point than eugenics tbh

am I correct in saying that the Victorian government is again about to build a stupid new road

I agree. We have a great tram and train network. Bring on congestion or parking taxes I say.

A congestion tax should be first cab off the rank - relatively speaking low implementation cost with the potential to make a significant difference to traffic.

Yeah I will take public transport when they make it a reasonable and convenient alternative to a car. As it is, it is not.

Fine if you're using trains and trams, but the bus network is abhorrent, unreliable and utterly inconvenient, especially if you want to go around the city rather than into it. Turns a 30 minute car trip into a 2.5 hour bus-train-train-bus-bus nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I will take public transport when they make it a reasonable and convenient alternative to a car. As it is, it is not.

Fine if you're using trains and trams, but the bus network is abhorrent, unreliable and utterly inconvenient, especially if you want to go around the city rather than into it. Turns a 30 minute car trip into a 2.5 hour bus-train-train-bus-bus nightmare.
I had one main prerequisite when I was buying my apartment - the place must not be more than a 10minute walk from a train station. Obviously if I’m going around the city I drive but going into the city I almost exclusively take the train into the city.

I had one main prerequisite when I was buying my apartment - the place must not be more than a 10minute walk from a train station. Obviously if I’m going around the city I drive but going into the city I almost exclusively take the train into the city.
So do I... except that it's rare :p I basically only go into the city for games, usually drive to the station and train the rest of the way. Judging by the size and capacity of the carparks out here, that's probably a common solution to a common problem.

Nearest station is probably a 30 minute walk... and I wouldn't walk there in the dark. I usually drive to the other one because it's safer and less likely to have my car broken into lol

Bullying.

Every time I hear a story about a young kid taking their life.......wrecks me. How do I protect and make my kids strong enough to handle it?
Terrifying

Amen Runk. Thr only advice I can give you is to get them involved in as many activities as you cam that develop self confidence. And talk to them about it, and even more importantly, listen to then when they talk about it. Having mum and/or dad in their corner is a big thing.

Also people who purposely harm or kill animals. I wish I could deal out swift justice upon them.

The only time I was ever suspended from school was after I snotted a little bastard in my year level that threw a rock at a stray rabbit and killed it.

Didn't regret it then, and I don't regret it now.

Must have been some throw.

It was two throws, little bastard picked up another rock after the first failed to kill it.

He was like a metre away from it, it was already injured (hence not fleeing).

I hit him ******* hard. Felt bloody good, and I'd do it again.

I was moving a wheelie bin the other day and a poor little lizard had its tail cut off (not so bad) and one of it's back legs got mangled. Must've been sitting under the edge of the bin. Felt terrible afterwards, couldn't find it and there wasn't really anything I could do :(

I was moving a wheelie bin the other day and a poor little lizard had its tail cut off (not so bad) and one of it's back legs got mangled. Must've been sitting under the edge of the bin. Felt terrible afterwards, couldn't find it and there wasn't really anything I could do :(
Yeah sucks when things like that happen. I've got a sprinkler like this

upload_2018-1-15_14-14-20.png
that I only use occasionally for patches of lawn that need extra attention in Summer and I went to use it one time and it was spraying funny so after really gunning the hose thinking it was some leaves or something I went up to have a look when it still wouldn't clear and there was this poor gecko stuck in there who had obviously been living inside. I felt horrible.

It was two throws, little bastard picked up another rock after the first failed to kill it.

He was like a metre away from it, it was already injured (hence not fleeing).

I hit him ******* hard. Felt bloody good, and I'd do it again.
I've killed a few rabbits with a golf club. Playing in my home town late arvo some of the tees and greens were next to bushland but got late arvo sun. The healthy rabbits would scatter, the mixo rabbits just sat there. We put those ones out of their misery, didn't kill them to be cruel.

Right wing nut jobs.

These knuckle dragging imbeciles make it impossible to ever challenge the screeching hysteria of the equally moronic left by being boorish, racist, homophobic troglodytes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back